TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

On 25/02/2018 at 3:57 PM, Buckwheat said:

What Rhae said! Sidious, you have a set life, a partner, a child, a job - that is the right place to be in when you hit your age. ;) Have lots of fun today!

But now I have to be a proper grown up :(.

12 hours ago, First of My Name said:

When I look outside, it's been clear blue skies and a bright sun for a week straight now. And then you step outside and you're assaulted by arctic temperatures the likes of which we didn't even have in December or January, like some weather god is fucking with you.

Yeah. There’s nothing like a nice snow storm two days before spring.

3 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

It's not how young or old you are, it's how powerful in The Force.

I’m ok there :D .

Also, snow :D, I wonder if it will settle.

Usually I hate snow but I’m kind of excited about this for some reason.

28 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I made cakes, but they didn't turn out that well. :/

At least you did something. 

For the second night in a row, I got home, got under a blanket and watched tv. It’s cold and I can kinda feel a quarter of a flu or some cold working in me. The vitamin And tea dosing continues. 

I’ll be working from home tomorrow, I’m Finally getting my shower-head delivered. It’ll be installed on saturday. Dear lord, changing your shower is expensive. 

8 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’m ok there :D .

Also, snow :D, I wonder if it will settle.

Usually I hate snow but I’m kind of excited about this for some reason.

I was back in London today for an assessment centre for a job. Everyone was all in flap worrying about the snow which ended up being a whole load of nothing considering it didn't lie and there wasn't any really disruption to TFL. In fact rush hour seemed pretty tame! 

Meanwhile back home the snow has gotten pretty deep, which the pups love. Fortunately the trains are still running though, so I'm going to make it back okay. 

I miss the city though :( I definitely want to be back. Though I also see your perspective and getting away - it's not an ideal place once you want to start your family and raise a child. But I think for the lifestyle of a graduate/singleton it's very appealing. 

19 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I was back in London today for an assessment centre for a job. Everyone was all in flap worrying about the snow which ended up being a whole load of nothing considering it didn't lie and there wasn't any really disruption to TFL. In fact rush hour seemed pretty tame! 

Meanwhile back home the snow has gotten pretty deep, which the pups love. Fortunately the trains are still running though, so I'm going to make it back okay. 

I miss the city though :( I definitely want to be back. Though I also see your perspective and getting away - it's not an ideal place once you want to start your family and raise a child. But I think for the lifestyle of a graduate/singleton it's very appealing. 

I’m still within easy travelling distance, I could get a train to Waterloo in about 30 Minutes so it’s still on my doorstep, just fortunately I don’t have to live there now, driving would take anything from 40 minutes to 3 hours :P.

I understand why you like the city, did you have any luck with the job?.

5 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’m still within easy travelling distance, I could get a train to Waterloo in about 30 Minutes so it’s still on my doorstep, just fortunately I don’t have to live there now, driving would take anything from 40 minutes to 3 hours :P.

I understand why you like the city, did you have any luck with the job?.

That’s good then - best of both worlds I guess. Easy access to the hustle and bustle when you crave it but otherwise more relaxed.

Im not sure yet, I find out in the next couple of days 

33 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah, spring is finally coming along, it’ll only be -5C today. May we reach above zero by next week! 

Well, it looks like that. Apparently it is going to be also raining a lot. I predict a lot of slushy mess on the streets. Make sure you have waterproof footwear, spammers.

Archived