TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

I’m spring cleaning! :commie: it feels great. Unfortunately I’m back at work tomorrow, but it’s only a three day week, so it’ll be over soon. I plan to do some house decorating on election weekend as well. I might be able to convince a smart male friend who isn’t interested in politics to come and put up my shelves instead of voting. If not... well there are always YouTube tutorials. And I have to arrange for someone to paint over the disgusting blotches on the guest room wall that I haven’t touched for half a year after a pipe breakage. Why am I telling you all this? Oh yeah, bloody caffeine... :rolleyes:

On ‎31‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 8:24 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Moving out is fun though. :cheers: Adult responsibilities are fun Too  :devil:  Glad to hear you found something that matches your criteria. It’s pretty difficult to find a decent place in a fair location for a reasonable price. 

Have I mentioned how much I hate airports? :idea:  

My cooking skills don't extend beyond baking an egg and I've never washed or ironed any of my own clothes, so I'm curious how that'll go :P I probably won't be moving there though, if I'm going to have to loan this much extra money I'd rather wait for a place I really want.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Ok, now I see I mistyped earlier. Clarification: From now on, any time we see each other I will fear it will be the last one.

Thanks for talking to me about it. And thanks for the links. They really made me smile. A smiling Greg Serrano can solve anything. And yes, this video is pretty much how I spent most of my day.

Hide contents

The thing is, neither I nor he planned this to be some for-life thing even from the start on. I kind of expected I will learn from it for some time, have a lot of fun, but I did not imagine in the beginning we will last almost two years. (Wooooow.) So ... I am not sure we should even try turning it around, whatever that means. I am pretty sure we are not in love. But that gets me thinking ... what is that even? How can I be sure there is something more to what we call love, and not just this getting used to a person, feeling so comfortable around them, not wanting to end it, and obviously wanting to get cuddles and more with them? Is there anything more that would make me want to spend the rest of my life with somebody?

I got so scared yesterday when he started this conversation, I thought this was the end then and there. It wasn't, so why am I so sad over this? So stupid of me.

I think these are all very natural and logical feelings to have in this kind of situation. At least I recognize every one of them ;) 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

My cooking skills don't extend beyond baking an egg and I've never washed or ironed any of my own clothes, so I'm curious how that'll go :P I probably won't be moving there though, if I'm going to have to loan this much extra money I'd rather wait for a place I really want.

I think these are all very natural and logical feelings to have in this kind of situation. At least I recognize every one of them ;) 

As someone who spent a year looking for a flat, I can see why you would say that. My cooking skills are non existent too. Independence is cool though.. makes you feel proud of yourself when you figur out shit you didn’t think you could, just because you have no other choice. I like that about “adulting”. 

Well, I’ll continue, I still have the kitchen to clean... and few other things to take care of... 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m spring cleaning! :commie: it feels great. Unfortunately I’m back at work tomorrow, but it’s only a three day week, so it’ll be over soon. I plan to do some house decorating on election weekend as well. I might be able to convince a smart male friend who isn’t interested in politics to come and put up my shelves instead of voting. If not... well there are always YouTube tutorials. And I have to arrange for someone to paint over the disgusting blotches on the guest room wall that I haven’t touched for half a year after a pipe breakage. Why am I telling you all this? Oh yeah, bloody caffeine... :rolleyes:

How long does it take for a person to vote? I mean, it is certainly possible to go vote and still spend the rest of the day putting up shelves.

Painting is actually something my family usually does ourselves. It is basically doing the thing you were not allowed to do as a child, painting on walls!

7 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Cooking is important and not really that hard. ;) Good luck with learning that.

That is good to know. I so often think I am a weirdo for having all those thougts and feelings and stuff.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

As someone who spent a year looking for a flat, I can see why you would say that. My cooking skills are non existent too. Independence is cool though.. makes you feel proud of yourself when you figur out shit you didn’t think you could, just because you have no other choice. I like that about “adulting”. 

Well, I’ll continue, I still have the kitchen to clean... and few other things to take care of... 

Yep, that is why adulting is good and why I want to move out too - to force myself into being more independent and adult.

On 3/31/2018 at 7:02 AM, Lord Sidious said:

How long until she is due now?, the baby dragon/future Galactic Emperess needs a new friend!.

I bet you’re getting excited, I was excited and nervous in equal measure through my whole pregnancy.

Scheduled cesarean (and tubal ligation) is June 11th, if she does not come early. 

Yes, both nervous and excited. And exhausted and huge. I’ve gained 11 lbs at 7 months so I’m good with that. I did fail my first glucose test so had to take the three hour test and passed - though it was horrible and my blood sugar must have plummeted because I felt sick for two days. I’m trying to get my house set up for her and I move so slowly it’s taking forever. Anyway, life is still good so yay for that! 

How is Lil sith? She’s 3 months now? 2? How are you guys doing? Getting sleep I hope? 

@Buckwheat Sorry to hear about what’s going on. I wish I had great advice to give but I’m horrible with matters of the heart. I do wish the best for you whatever the outcome may be. 

Just finished Annihilation,

Spoiler

and whilst I generally enjoyed it I felt it was being deliberately offbeat and weird, just for the sake of it at times. The best art entices you in, to puzzle out it's deeper meaning, but I don't feel there was a deeper meaning here. You could very well argue that's the point, but that's a very odd choice to make as a filmmaker, to make a film that deliberately has nothing to say.

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

How long does it take for a person to vote? I mean, it is certainly possible to go vote and still spend the rest of the day putting up shelves.

Painting is actually something my family usually does ourselves. It is basically doing the thing you were not allowed to do as a child, painting on walls!

That is good to know. I so often think I am a weirdo for having all those thougts and feelings and stuff.

Yep, that is why adulting is good and why I want to move out too - to force myself into being more independent and adult.

That depends on how strongly one feels about voting:lol: but you are essentially right. Fingers crossed my shelves will be up soon. 

I’m toying with the idea of trying to paint a wall myself, but I definitely wouldn’t attempt covering up yucky water leakage stains on a wall. :/ 

yeah, I should just put the time and energy into it, I guess. 

5 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Just finished Annihilation,

Reveal hidden contents

and whilst I generally enjoyed it I felt it was being deliberately offbeat and weird, just for the sake of it at times. The best art entices you in, to puzzle out it's deeper meaning, but I don't feel there was a deeper meaning here. You could very well argue that's the point, but that's a very odd choice to make as a filmmaker, to make a film that deliberately has nothing to say.

I had similarly conflicting feelings about that movie, good to know I wasn’t the only one. (Most reviews I read gave it 1-2 or 9-10) 

8 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

@Buckwheat Sorry to hear about what’s going on. I wish I had great advice to give but I’m horrible with matters of the heart. I do wish the best for you whatever the outcome may be. 

Thank you, I appreciate it. :) I feel much more optimistic now than I did when I wrote these posts.

And my worries are trivial compared to yours. ;) I wish you all the good luck with the Little Rose, hope all goes smooth! Do you have a name yet?

37 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

That depends on how strongly one feels about voting:lol: but you are essentially right. Fingers crossed my shelves will be up soon. 

I’m toying with the idea of trying to paint a wall myself, but I definitely wouldn’t attempt covering up yucky water leakage stains on a wall. :/

Well, I would think it would be really odd for one to encamp themselves in a voting booth for half a day. :P But then, I live like 2 minutes on foot from the polling station in our village and there is never a line of more than like 2 people because people just don't go vote in this country.

Yes, fingers crossed for your shelves and the rest of the furniture. After so much talk of your flat arrangement, I actually really want to see some photos of it! ;)

Covering up water stains might be tricky, true ... no experience here. Maybe better to be left to a professional then.

Re: Annihilation. The supernatural entity showed it to me a few days ago ... it was interesting enough that I didn't want to go sleep in the middle of it, so yay? No really, I thought it good, it bothered me that it left open questions, the most interesting part was seeing Gina Rodriguez not be Jane the Virgin for a change.

12 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Scheduled cesarean (and tubal ligation) is June 11th, if she does not come early. 

Yes, both nervous and excited. And exhausted and huge. I’ve gained 11 lbs at 7 months so I’m good with that. I did fail my first glucose test so had to take the three hour test and passed - though it was horrible and my blood sugar must have plummeted because I felt sick for two days. I’m trying to get my house set up for her and I move so slowly it’s taking forever. Anyway, life is still good so yay for that! 

How is Lil sith? She’s 3 months now? 2? How are you guys doing? Getting sleep I hope? 

I know the feeling so well!, I felt so big and clumsy towards the end, I hope everything goes great for you guys :).

Lil Sith is ok, 3 months already!, but she’s struggling a bit at the moment, she had a cold which she saw off with no problem but now has an ear infection and has been quite unsettled the last few days, so not getting nearly enough sleep :(, I was going to go to the gym today but I just don’t have the energy.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you, I appreciate it. :) I feel much more optimistic now than I did when I wrote these posts.

And my worries are trivial compared to yours. ;) I wish you all the good luck with the Little Rose, hope all goes smooth! Do you have a name yet?

Well, I would think it would be really odd for one to encamp themselves in a voting booth for half a day. :P But then, I live like 2 minutes on foot from the polling station in our village and there is never a line of more than like 2 people because people just don't go vote in this country.

Yes, fingers crossed for your shelves and the rest of the furniture. After so much talk of your flat arrangement, I actually really want to see some photos of it! ;)

Covering up water stains might be tricky, true ... no experience here. Maybe better to be left to a professional then.

Re: Annihilation. The supernatural entity showed it to me a few days ago ... it was interesting enough that I didn't want to go sleep in the middle of it, so yay? No really, I thought it good, it bothered me that it left open questions, the most interesting part was seeing Gina Rodriguez not be Jane the Virgin for a change.

What I meant is more like sitting on the sofa and obsessively checking for election news in between sessions of nail biting, but I do certainly hope that people aren’t as obsessed with politics in real life as they suggest on Facebook. There are all kinds of strong feelings around this election, but generally people don’t give enough crap to vote here either. I certainly care about my shelves a lot more. 

As for photos, they’ll be coming as soon as I’m satisfied enough with how everything looks. 

:lol: so I guess almost falling asleep during annihilation was just me. It just couldn’t keep my attention for longer than sporadic 10-minute bits. But I did appreciate the complete lack of jumpscare. 

Fuck this. I was supposed to have private lessons at somebody's house and I got there and nobody was home - obviously I was not notified about the cancellation. :angry2: And I had to leave an otherwise really interesting thing that I would gladly stay at before the end to get to them! Really angry about it now.

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Fuck this. I was supposed to have private lessons at somebody's house and I got there and nobody was home - obviously I was not notified about the cancellation. :angry2: And I had to leave an otherwise really interesting thing that I would gladly stay at before the end to get to them! Really angry about it now.

That sucks :(, think of the fun evening you could have been having instead, bring them Fire & Blood.

On ‎3‎-‎4‎-‎2018 at 4:16 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, I think I'll build a ton of skills that I don't have but will need later in life.I just want to make sure I pick a place where I'll have a good time (still a student, after all).

Also, I kind of want to watch and enjoy Annihilation now just to disagree with you on movies once again :P 

On ‎3‎-‎4‎-‎2018 at 9:38 PM, Buckwheat said:

Eh, humanity is thousands of years old, the odds you're the first one to feel these things are pretty low ;) I often feel like that too, but it helps to put things in perspective.

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Damn, that’s annoying. I’m sorry to hear so. What’s wrong with today...? I went to work “early” today for a two-hour meeting. Ten minutes into, it turned out the partner forgot about us and wasn’t going to show up. 

@First of My Name sure, it’s pretty important to take your time picking a place you will call home. Even if it means staying home for a while. 

as for annihilation, that would be cheating :lol: if you deliberately disagree with me, it doesn’t count. 

On 4/4/2018 at 4:16 AM, Lord Sidious said:

I know the feeling so well!, I felt so big and clumsy towards the end, I hope everything goes great for you guys :).

Lil Sith is ok, 3 months already!, but she’s struggling a bit at the moment, she had a cold which she saw off with no problem but now has an ear infection and has been quite unsettled the last few days, so not getting nearly enough sleep :(, I was going to go to the gym today but I just don’t have the energy.

Oh no! Ear infections hurt! I hope she feels better soon and it all clears up. You feel so badly for them because they are fussy and there’s not much you can do :( Don’t worry about the gym, let your body and mind rest as much as you can. Hope she feels better soon :) 

So I tried to start watching The Terror and managed to fall asleep immediately all three times :lol: 

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Damn, that’s annoying. I’m sorry to hear so. What’s wrong with today...? I went to work “early” today for a two-hour meeting. Ten minutes into, it turned out the partner forgot about us and wasn’t going to show up.  

Uh, that is unprofessional. Stupid people.

9 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Oh no! Ear infections hurt! I hope she feels better soon and it all clears up. You feel so badly for them because they are fussy and there’s not much you can do :( Don’t worry about the gym, let your body and mind rest as much as you can. Hope she feels better soon :) 

So I tried to start watching The Terror and managed to fall asleep immediately all three times :lol: 

She still isn’t great but is getting a bit better slowly but surely, it’s horrible because I just want to help her as much as I can but there’s not much I can do, she’s been asleep this morning though but was very fussy last night, hopefully another day or two and she will be feeling much better.

15 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

She still isn’t great but is getting a bit better slowly but surely, it’s horrible because I just want to help her as much as I can but there’s not much I can do, she’s been asleep this morning though but was very fussy last night, hopefully another day or two and she will be feeling much better.

Poor baby sith. Hope she gets well soon and will be ready to destroy stars again. And you can get some well deserved rest too. 

Archived