TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

8 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I have an imagine about everybody in my head, which probably had nothing to do with how you actually look like in real life, but that’s what my mind rolls with reading the posts. I always picture Buckwheat with an umbrella and a long pony tail in the city or on a bicycle in a pretty coastal setting, I picture Lady O with shoulder length hair and a baby bump in a living room with glass walls and an orange tree in the backyard. Stuff like that. :lol: 

Wait what. :blink::lol: I seldom use an umbrella and even more seldom a bicycle.

Funny story about my umbrella. Yesterday I was an idiot and forgot it in the public library, at the entrance where I left it when I entered the library - when I left, I forgot to pick it up. I only realised I didn't have it when I was already on the bus to the workplace, and I had no time to go back and search for it. So I just hoped it would still be there in the evening when I could go back.

Then, after my class, I noticed that an unknown umbrella was left in my classroom - I assumed it was from one of my students, who had just left. So I thought for a bit if I should just leave it there or bring it to the office for somebody to put it somewhere safe until the owner asked for it. I remembered my umbrella, which might still be waiting for me or not. So I picked up the unknown umbrella and gave it to the coworker at the office and explained to her the situation, and she put it away.

Then I took the bus back to the library and went in to look for my umbrella. And it was still there and I have it back.

Moral of the story: karma justice works with umbrellas. If you are kind enough to notify a responsible person in hope that an unknown owner will get their umbrella back, you will also get yours back.

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I personally think Emperor Palpatine would be a fine male role model for my young apprentice, I was going to say father figure but that would kind of mean he’d be her father, which would mean I’d have had to..... and yeah that weirds and grosses me out a bit too, with all due respct to the Dark Lord of the Sith and all.

I am pretty sure the thought of ... that :leer: ... grosses out straigt women too. :P

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Posted 59 minutes ago and I’m still here. Here, as in at the railway station, waiting for a train to leave. 

I hope you are safe home by now.

16 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Wait what. :blink::lol: I seldom use an umbrella and even more seldom a bicycle.

Funny story about my umbrella. Yesterday I was an idiot and forgot it in the public library, at the entrance where I left it when I entered the library - when I left, I forgot to pick it up. I only realised I didn't have it when I was already on the bus to the workplace, and I had no time to go back and search for it. So I just hoped it would still be there in the evening when I could go back.

Then, after my class, I noticed that an unknown umbrella was left in my classroom - I assumed it was from one of my students, who had just left. So I thought for a bit if I should just leave it there or bring it to the office for somebody to put it somewhere safe until the owner asked for it. I remembered my umbrella, which might still be waiting for me or not. So I picked up the unknown umbrella and gave it to the coworker at the office and explained to her the situation, and she put it away.

Then I took the bus back to the library and went in to look for my umbrella. And it was still there and I have it back.

Moral of the story: karma justice works with umbrellas. If you are kind enough to notify a responsible person in hope that an unknown owner will get their umbrella back, you will also get yours back.

I am pretty sure the thought of ... that :leer: ... grosses out straigt women too. :P

I hope you are safe home by now.

You often talk about waterproof shoes. I guess this is where the umbrella came from. And the bicycle from your country visit stories. 

Glad you got your umbrella back! 

And yeah, karma sure works. 

I waited three hours for a train and now I’m stuck at the other railway station waiting for my taxi that will take a card. Apparently taxies don’t take cards outside the capital. What century do we live in? In any case, this is what you get for staying in bed till midday on a weekday. I should get to my “hotel” by midnight. 

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I had come to that conclusion already :P, I can still work out what is considered attractive with men, even if I’m not attracted to them, I have to listen to my friends go on about how hot this guy or that guy is all the time <_<.

On 5/16/2018 at 11:37 PM, RhaenysBee said:

You often talk about waterproof shoes. I guess this is where the umbrella came from. And the bicycle from your country visit stories.

I waited three hours for a train and now I’m stuck at the other railway station waiting for my taxi that will take a card. Apparently taxies don’t take cards outside the capital. What century do we live in? In any case, this is what you get for staying in bed till midday on a weekday. I should get to my “hotel” by midnight. 

Oh right, I do that. :P Umbrellas, however, are not that important to me. In fact, I find them inconvenient, so sometimes won't bother to even open it if if it is not exactly pouring.

And I don't ride a bike often at all. :/

Hopefully you got to where you wanted quickly and safely. Is this a weekend trip to somewhere?

18 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I had come to that conclusion already :P, I can still work out what is considered attractive with men, even if I’m not attracted to them, I have to listen to my friends go on about how hot this guy or that guy is all the time <_<.

How terrible. :P  Let me tell you about that really hot guy I saw today ... yadda yadda yadda ...

Buck, I want to see the rest of your new hair before I can judge ;)

Just spent an amazing week in Berlin. We had tons of luck with the weather and I visited it with nine really interesting people from school. We did stuff from karaoke in the park to visiting one of the city's most intense gay clubs. It kind of makes me sad that I've decided I'll probably quit Journalism soon, but it's time.

18 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Oh right, I do that. :P Umbrellas, however, are not that important to me. In fact, I find them inconvenient, so sometimes won't bother to even open it if if it is not exactly pouring.

And I don't ride a bike often at all. :/

Hopefully you got to where you wanted quickly and safely. Is this a weekend trip to somewhere?

How terrible. :P  Let me tell you about that really hot guy I saw today ... yadda yadda yadda ...

OMGZ, was he like totes dreamy??. 

I’ve had a less than great start to the weekend, it’s  7:30am and mini Sith decided that 3 hours ago would be a good time to wake us up, on the plus side I’ve already made a huge dent in this weeks laundry and housework, yes when I’m not planning Galaxy wide domination or training my apprentice, I’m somewhat of a domestic goddess :P.

9 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Buck, I want to see the rest of your new hair before I can judge ;)

Just spent an amazing week in Berlin. We had tons of luck with the weather and I visited it with nine really interesting people from school. We did stuff from karaoke in the park to visiting one of the city's most intense gay clubs. It kind of makes me sad that I've decided I'll probably quit Journalism soon, but it's time.

Well, some of it was left on the floor of the hairdresser's salon. :P And the rest is still on my head.

Glad to hear you had fun on the trip. :)

What is the plan for after journalism?

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

OMGZ, was he like totes dreamy??. 

I’ve had a less than great start to the weekend, it’s  7:30am and mini Sith decided that 3 hours ago would be a good time to wake us up, on the plus side I’ve already made a huge dent in this weeks laundry and housework, yes when I’m not planning Galaxy wide domination or training my apprentice, I’m somewhat of a domestic goddess :P.

YES OF COURSE. *a thousand heart-eyed emoticons*

I am sure mini Sith was just establishing her authority in the house. ;)

Annnnd, this is going to be post no. 953! You know what this means ...

That the race should have started exactly 3 posts ago? :lol: 

My weekend so far: 

my house stinks of oil paint but the leakage stains are gone at least 

there was a pair of black underpants on my balcony in the morning 

Prince William is not well, he has some eye infection 

4 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

That the race should have started exactly 3 posts ago? :lol: 

My weekend so far: 

my house stinks of oil paint but the leakage stains are gone at least 

there was a pair of black underpants on my balcony in the morning 

Prince William is not well, he has some eye infection

Yes.

Black underpants, eh? :leer: Have you been naughty, RB? :P

Oh yeah, the race...

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, some of it was left on the floor of the hairdresser's salon. :P And the rest is still on my head.

Glad to hear you had fun on the trip. :)

What is the plan for after journalism?

I'm either gonna study Philosophy or take a gap year, haven't decided which. I still have a couple of weeks to figure out whether Philosophy really is the way to go. I only decided to apply for it the day before the deadline, so I didn't really have time to look into it enough.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes.

Black underpants, eh? :leer: Have you been naughty, RB? :P

No, it doesn’t belong to anybody in my life :lol: (sadly... - though I must say this isn’t my kinda men’s underwear) anyway, I can only hope it was blown off another balcony by the wind :lol: 

I FIND YOUR LACK OF RACE-SPAM DISTURBING. :angry:So have a short-haired selfie at least. This is about the only time I my life I will ever post a selfe.

ETA: Nope, not comfortable with that. Deleted the link. I want to show off my new hair, but don't want to post it publicly.

17 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I FIND YOUR LACK OF RACE-SPAM DISTURBING. :angry:So have a short haired selfies [link edited out because Buckwheat deleted it from her original post] at least. This is about the only time I my life I will ever post a selfe.

YOU CUT YOUR HAIR?????????

1 minute ago, RhaenysBee said:

YOU CUT YOUR HAIR?????????

Hahaha, what a time to be online, RB. You quoted me just before I edited the link out. :lol:

Yes, I posted about it yesterday and posted a picture that FOMN responded to!

Archived