TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

Snacks are always good. Imaginary even better than real ones, they cannot make you fat. :P

Oh, the spamsmoot, I totally forgot about that thing. Can we just call it finished at the end of January since nobody seems interested to participate, and declare 2018 the year of anarchy, in hope the spam flow might improve at some unknown point in the future?

We need @Zar Lannister to work his magic charms.

11 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

On one hand it's fine by me, but on the other I don't want to give Ab the satisfaction :P 

Then just don't call it anarchy. You are the wordsmith of my court, make up a nice fancy description for what we are having here. ;)

21 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

Is that the place I can dump my daily gripes and random thoughts that most people would judge me for?

Yes, you have come to the right place. This thread is for random chatter (it has been described as a very slow chatroom) and it is allowed to go for 1000 posts, and then whoever makes the 1000th post here starts a new thread. Each thread is titled TTTNE [number]: . There was a time where we used to change our avatars according to the current topics, but we gave that up at some point.

Probably there is more information about it in the Games Info thread.

21 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

It is a "ritual" that is done every first thread in January. You see, this thread has its own rulers (it is a bit more indepentent of the the forum moderators than the rest of the forum) and a court. The rulers are voted on by all the participants (those who choose to) in January and rule for a year. Which basically mean they remind people if somebody steps over the line of good behaviour (has not happened in a long time) and after the moot, they give honourable titles to whoever wants them to have fun with. If you see somebody with "spamperial [long complicated title]" or "of the spam court" in their signature or member title, these were their courtly titles at some point.

Only this year, nobody seems to be interested in running and/or voting, soooo ... :dunno: I think that even last year we didn't have titles, did we? Anyone remembers?

My last post looks weird for some reason. :dunno:

Anyway, the last few ruling spammers (as far back as I can remember) were:

2012: The three witches: Lany Cassandra, aaaand ... two other posters. Don't remember, that was a bit before I joined the thread.

2013: The Lion and CROW court: Zar Lannister and ICE CROW (:crying: I miss the crow. HAR HAR HAR)

2014: The Court of Rock'n'roll: the maid of woodlynne and King_Tyrion_I

2015: The Court of Blossoming Boglands: Buckwheat and The CrannogDweller. (See link in my signature - picture by Turinqui-Calima. ;) )

2016: Pebble and First Of My Name - Maybe that is wrong. Correct me, if you remember better.

2017: some weird scenario where First Of My Name and Lord Sidious seized power by staging a coup and called themselves imperial emperors

Ah, spamperial memories ...  Also, damn, I've been here for a long time. :stunned:

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Then just don't call it anarchy. You are the wordsmith of my court, make up a nice fancy description for what we are having here. ;)

We could say there's a government shut-down, that's not too far from reality ;) 

55 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

What's a spamsmoot?

Is that the place I can dump my daily gripes and random thoughts that most people would judge me for?

Yeah, that's basically all we do. And I think Buck explained the moot adequately :P 

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

You're very welcome indeed.

Speaking of which, remember people, the spamsmoot is open. For the love of god, participate :P 

I already specified that while I’m flattered to have been asked, I don’t see the point in having a ruler for like 5-6 regulars. So thanks but I don’t think I’ll participate :dunno: 

3 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

More where that came from.

I may not have wit, but I always have snacks

Wit is overrated, snacks aren’t. 

So what are we to know about you, Jez Bell? Other than the fact that you’re the person to turn to for virtual snacks 

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

On one hand it's fine by me, but on the other I don't want to give Ab the satisfaction :P 

:lol: tsk-tsk... the satisfaction might make up come back. 

54 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

What's a spamsmoot?

A spamsmoot used be the first week of January when we elected a “king/Queen” of the thread. 

Yup, that’s exactly the place this is. Your daily gripes and random thoughts are welcome! Mine can’t wait to have company :D 

19 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Oh I’ve seen the Bean holiday movie. Though I could certainly stand to watch it again. I did not get into Faulty Towers, which is odd since I watched all the other shows. They used to air on PBS which is the public broadcasting station, so they may not have run it. Somehow I missed Dr. Who, too. Black Adder I loved as well but not as much as Bean. 

I did just discover Rita on Netflix and am seriously enjoying it. How did I miss this one? Nobody has heard of it but it’s great. There are some parts that got me a little bit teary but I’m going to blame that on these pregnancy hormones :lol: I’m pretty sure these hormones have taken over my tv taste. I’ve been watching stuff I would normally skip right on by (I.e. “girly” stuff). 

Oh no, not Mr Bean’s Holiday. Honestly that one kind of sucks. I believe this one is just called Bean...he goes to America as part of his career with an art gallery (“I sit in the corner, and look at the paintings.” - yes, he speaks) He stops with an American Family for the duration, does some stuff related to the unveiling of the new painting...hijinks ensue. Good times! It’s an older film than Mr. Bean’s holiday. Totally it’s more similar to the series.

shame on Fawlty Towers. Blackadder is always quality. I personally hate Dr. Who though *shrug* *ducks rotten veg from @felice* :P 

You would probably like Victoria Wood (Rip :( ) she did a sketch show called Victoria Wood, As Seen on TV. Also a series called dinnerladies, and stand up too. Wonderful woman.

i have never heard of Rita before. What kind of show is it and who is in it? Also blame hormones for everything, it’s a perk of pregnancy damnit! :D Craving chocolate? Baby wants it? Feeling irritable? Baby is cranky!

20 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

So what are we to know about you, Jez Bell?

Not much to know, really.  I'm a  mum, I tend to get completely obsessed by books/TV shows/games, and I'm still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Don't mind me.  I just dropped by with a box of wine and some lemon cakes to say hello.

Lemon cakes arnt really an acceptable currency, could you bring either dragon eggs,hop hops(someone else will explain that one) Jedi younglings to electrocute with lightning or better than any of the above, an offer to babysit for an hour :P.

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Heeeeeey, welcome to the Thread That Never Ends! *waves* We are all friendly here, except for @The BlackBear, he is sometimes mean, but we like him anyway.

I’m upset you forgot about me :crying:.

Also I don’t think there should be a moot, FOMN should rule, the apprentice becomes the master-for now, as I’m too busy and tired and happy.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

I already specified that while I’m flattered to have been asked, I don’t see the point in having a ruler for like 5-6 regulars. So thanks but I don’t think I’ll participate :dunno: 

:lol: tsk-tsk... the satisfaction might make up come back. 

Eh, do we really need more speeches copied from his favorite anime? :P 

Speaking of which, @ab aeterno, I finally started Unlimited Blade Works and good god, that animation.

26 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Also I don’t think there should be a moot, FOMN should rule, the apprentice becomes the master-for now, as I’m too busy and tired and happy.

I shall keep the throne warm until Darth Isabelle comes of age.

59 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Eh, do we really need more speeches copied from his favorite anime? :P 

Speaking of which, @ab aeterno, I finally started Unlimited Blade Works and good god, that animation.

I shall keep the throne warm until Darth Isabelle comes of age.

Yes, it really is.

Also

https://io9.gizmodo.com/pioneering-fantasy-author-ursula-k-le-guin-has-passed-1822355185

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

11 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Lemon cakes arnt really an acceptable currency, could you bring either dragon eggs,hop hops(someone else will explain that one) Jedi younglings to electrocute with lightning or better than any of the above, an offer to babysit for an hour :P.

So where do I get a copy of the forum cookbook as I prefer not to sit on babies.

12 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’m upset you forgot about me :crying:.

:grouphug: Sorry.

But electrocuting younglings is so mean!

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Watching vikings... this stuff is killing me. At least have the humility to age lagertha and Torvi with makeup. This is beyond ridiculous. 

... yep.

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

I remember the Elimination Games being pretty fun...

I remember a certain coordinated attack to sink the Silence. It upset the Ironborn a bit.

31 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

So where do I get a copy of the forum cookbook as I prefer not to sit on babies.

I actually think there is a thread with recipes here in Games. No clue how active it is, I never go there.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I actually think there is a thread with recipes here in Games.

... but does it have a recipe for Dragon's Egg souffle or whatever the hell hop-hops are?

Does anyone remember when procrastination meant playing solitaire, or watching Project Runway?  Now, I find myself glued to the Davos live feed (as in Switzerland, not Ser).  

Archived