TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

Sorry but Leia by is a Disney Princess.  being 1 and Princess,  and 2 owned by Disney.

She even has a song and dance routine.   - I have watched the holiday special.  - I assume Disney also owns that now.

@Buckwheat has even conceded she has appeared in a Disney movie and been animated at the time.  if you want to include that clause.      and I guess she may be animated again in Episode 9 if she appears in it.

She also inspired me when I was a child.  more so than any of the Disney pricesses that I knew about at the time.

7 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

1-15 agreed upon.

16: Tiger Lilly (Peter Pan)

17: Nala (The Lion King) (No-one gets to be species-ist)

18: Kida (Atlantis the Lost Empire)

19: Maid Marian (Robin Hood) - Technically just a noblewoman but still

20: Vanellope von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph

21: Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron) -NB: I don't know how people feel about Nala and Marian (being animals) so Eilonwy could replace one of them.

22: Sally (Nightmare before Christmas) NB: Again, could be in place of one of the animals.

23: Meg (Hercules) again technically not a princess but could replace an animal.

Don't know who most of these are, I only watched films with Nala and Megara in them, so sure, others can decide.

Is the girl from Nightmare Before Christmas in any way princessy? I  always thought that was a very diffent film.

What about that dancer from The Hunchback from Notre Dame? Would she fit? Not a princess, but some of the listed aren't either.

7 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

ETA: @Buckwheat Maybe make the game Animated Disney Heroines? rather than princesses?

I guess? :dunno: That would include way too many then again, would it not?

4 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

You probably have to lump Marvel women in here as well. Maybe not princesses ( but super heroes are better). 

That is a good idea, maybe we can have a whole superhero elimination game later. Just does not seem fair to pit them against the likes of Snow White, you know? :P

4 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

One of my top favorite Disney movies that never gets the credit it deserves. 

Including a llama. 

Drama llama?

English spelling of llama is weird. We just write "lama" and pronounce it almost the same.

3 hours ago, Pebble said:

Sorry but Leia by is a Disney Princess.  being 1 and Princess,  and 2 owned by Disney.

:lol: Technically, yes.

Can we agree to include characters from animated films/cartoons, and disqualify Leia? It just does not seem that she fit. She was not Disney to start with either.

She even has a song and dance routine.   - I have watched the holiday special.  - I assume Disney also owns that now.

I did not know such a thing existed.

@Buckwheat has even conceded she has appeared in a Disney movie and been animated at the time.  if you want to include that clause.      and I guess she may be animated again in Episode 9 if she appears in it.

:leaving:

She also inspired me when I was a child.  more so than any of the Disney pricesses that I knew about at the time.

I did not even know about most of them at the time. I only had Mulan on VHS. I tried to fix that grievous oversight as an adult by watching a lot of Disney movies at some point. I still have not seen Little Mermaid.

I'd stick with core animated films for simplicity, yeah.

I'd say Kida and Vanellope should definitely be included, as they are both princesses and both from animated movies. Probably Eilonwy too -

http://disneyprincess.wikia.com/wiki/Eilonwy

http://disneyprincess.wikia.com/wiki/Kida

http://disneyprincess.wikia.com/wiki/Vanellope_von_Schweetz

Best princess 

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disneyprincess/images/c/c1/Vanellope-landscape.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130217000740

Maybe this? This way there are no animals and while Meg is technically not a princess she is with a demi-god which is kinda the same.

17:  Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron) 

19: Meg (Hercules) again technically not a princess but could replace an animal.

8 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

An Emperor is not a princess.

I’m not Princess, I’m an emperor

26 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

I'd say Kida and Vanellope should definitely be included, as they are both princesses and both from animated movies. Probably Eilonwy too -

Best princess 

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disneyprincess/images/c/c1/Vanellope-landscape.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130217000740

Maybe this? This way there are no animals and while Meg is technically not a princess she is with a demi-god which is kinda the same.

19: Meg (Hercules) again technically not a princess but could replace an animal.

Star wars may be owned by Disney, but that doesn’t make Leia a Disney princess. She is a Star Wars universe character. Besides, the same logic would put Padme Amidala on the list as well.  It makes no sense to include Star Wars, that should be a separate EG. best Star Wars female character or something. 

I agree to stick with animated characters. 

Was Nala ever a princess ? If we are going to include Nala, it would make sense to me to put Kiara on that list too, who is actually a princess, being Simba’s daughter and all. But then, does it mean we are to put Ariel’s insufferable spawn on the list too? Who can tell? I’m just rambling, I don’t care too much about this. As long as the core princesses are on the list, I’m content. 

Fine by me, I guess. Lets wait until the evening or maybe tomorrow morning or so if anybody has another constructive idea and then start. Abbie, can you write a nice opening post and start the thread? I am currently without a computer and formatting and opening threads is hard on the phone. Hopefully I get it back soon ...

Edit: basically everything Rhae said. I waited for your input. ;)

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Fine by me, I guess. Lets wait until the evening or maybe tomorrow morning or so if anybody has another constructive idea and then start. Abbie, can you write a nice opening post and start the thread? I am currently without a computer and formatting and opening threads is hard on the phone. Hopefully I get it back soon ...

Edit: basically everything Rhae said. I waited for your input. ;)

Sure, I don't mind doing it as long as no-one else wants to.This evening/tomorrow?

6 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Sure, I don't mind doing it as long as no-one else wants to.This evening/tomorrow?

Sounds perfect to me. 

2018 resolutions: make ab like tolerate me :lol:

no, I’m just bored because I’m waiting to pick up my new passport. 

7 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

@Buckwheat, a couple of us mentioned the owner game too, that was originally your game, am I correct? Where do you stand on the question of brining that back?

Anyone can bring it back if you want to. :) I just don't have interest to host right now. But if you or FOMN or whoever mentioned it wants to host, I will gladly participate.

And don't forget to credit me as the game inventor. :P

4 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Sounds fine to me, whenever you find time to post it. :)

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Anyone can bring it back if you want to. :) I just don't have interest to host right now. But if you or FOMN or whoever mentioned it wants to host, I will gladly participate.

And don't forget to credit me as the game inventor. :P

Sounds fine to me, whenever you find time to post it. :)

Alright then, I shall consult @First of My Name In the matter. 

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You two can bond over your mutual love of Disney cartoons. :D

That should prove the might of Disney :lol: 

I'mma cheat and use my old threads from when I started the Non-ASOIAF series. :lol:

Welcome to first edition of the new Non-ASOIAF Elimination Games

Our topic is favourite Disney Princess (Animated only) 

A brief overview of the mechanics and rules:

The rules:

1. Every battle starts with 5 HP (healing points).

2. You can only vote once every 10 attack posts (9 between your first and last) OR once every two hours.

3. A cap of 25 HP will be imposed upon the last 5 deaths standing. Once this cap is in effect, you can choose to hurt one option without healing another, as long as at least one of the remaining choices is at the 25 point maximum.

4. If you spot any errors during the game, please correct them and include where you saw the error happen.

5. The game starts with 100 HP total and should stay that way until the last 5 deaths standing.

6. Please note who you're healing/hurting with +/- signs.

7. Declare what you are hurting and what you are healing.

Please post your vote (Hurt/Heal) first, and then edit in the score. This helps to prevent ninjas.

If you are voting from mobile, please post your vote and do not attempt to edit the score - your vote will be counted the next time someone votes from a PC. Please remember that this is done as a courtesy, and do not abuse this by being lazy if you're not on mobile.

In each round, you are allowed to "heal" one option and "hurt" another. For example:

Anna 5

Elsa 5

Heal Anna

Hurt Elsa

Anna 6 (+)

Elsa (-)

1. Snow White - 5
  2. Cinderella - 5
  3. Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) - 5
  4. Ariel (The Little Mermaid) - 5
  5. Belle (Beauty and the Beast) - 5
  6. Jasmine (Aladdin) - 5
  7. Pocahontas - 5
  8. Mulan - 5
  9. Tiana (Princess and the Frog) - 5
  10. Rapunzel (Tangled) - 5
  11. Merida (Brave) - 5
  12. Anna (Frozen) - 5
  13. Elsa (Frozen) - 5
  14. Moana - 5
  15. Anastasia  - 5
  16. Tiger Lilly (Peter Pan) - 5
  17. Kida (Atlantis the Lost Empire) - 5
  18. Vanellope von Schweetz (Wreck-It Ralph) - 5
  19. Eilonwy (The Black Cauldron) - 5
  20. Megara (Hercules) - 5

I can't squeeze the numbers up to 30 without using non animated or non princesses (or counting all of Ariel's siblings) but 20 might work well with fewer people around. Can always go back to 30 next time if it's successful.

This is what it'll look like if no-one has any further suggestions/changes. 

Does anyone think the point cap for the final five should be lower than 25 now? Given fewer people and options it might be better to lower it so that it's more of an open field near the end?

ETA: Also might want to reduce the number of posts between votes from say 9-5 or something, again given fewer people? Can always see how it goes and change it if it's too slow.

14 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Sounds perfect to me. 

2018 resolutions: make ab like tolerate me :lol:

no, I’m just bored because I’m waiting to pick up my new passport. 

Haha you're fine!

ETA: This was five years ago to the week.

I'm so old. I'm an abomination. :crying: 

19 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

This is what it'll look like if no-one has any further suggestions/changes. 

Maybe post the basic game mechanics (heal/hurt) first and then all the other rules. :lol:

Does anyone think the point cap for the final five should be lower than 25 now? Given fewer people and options it might be better to lower it so that it's more of an open field near the end?

ETA: Also might want to reduce the number of posts between votes from say 9-5 or something, again given fewer people? Can always see how it goes and change it if it's too slow.

I say we start as it is and then change if necessary.

Maybe advertise the game in other threads to get people's attention.

:o All the PEOPLE who used to post here! :crying:

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

Haha you're fine!

Yay for me then :lol: 

holy mother of god... E-Ro is there. Wow, we are so damn old. And we’ve been around here for a lifetime... :o 

ETA: and post whenever is most comfortable for you, I’d Say. 

2 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Best princess 

If you’re having Mulan included then Meg seems fine imo

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I’m not Princess, I’m an emperor

Star wars may be owned by Disney, but that doesn’t make Leia a Disney princess. She is a Star Wars universe character. Besides, the same logic would put Padme Amidala on the list as well.  It makes no sense to include Star Wars, that should be a separate EG. best Star Wars female character or something. 

I agree to stick with animated characters. 

Was Nala ever a princess ? If we are going to include Nala, it would make sense to me to put Kiara on that list too, who is actually a princess, being Simba’s daughter and all. But then, does it mean we are to put Ariel’s insufferable spawn on the list too? Who can tell? I’m just rambling, I don’t care too much about this. As long as the core princesses are on the list, I’m content. 

Sure Nala was a princess. Did you see any other lions around in the Pride except Mufasa? :) Simba and Nala are half-siblings

8 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Just finished the latest season of Rita - it’s sooooo gooood. It’s Danish but I enjoy the subtitles. There are some amazing one liners and underlying comedy but also drama and very talented actors. I think my favorite character is Hjordis. 

You probably have to lump Marvel women in here as well. Maybe not princesses ( but super heroes are better). 

One of my top favorite Disney movies that never gets the credit it deserves. 

Including a llama. 

A llama? He’s supposed to be dead!

Archived