AncalagonTheBlack

Football: “WHAT THE F*CK WAS THAT”?

@JordanJH1993 There is a difference between trying to impress the new manager and not giving a crap what happens with your teams results because the manager is getting the sack either way.

EDIT:

A couple of players might force a move to CL playing team, but definitely not all of them and it could happen that none of them would leave.

Edited by baxus

Have to say, I'm pretty ok with Sanchez leaving. Thought I'd care more, especially with him going to United but nope, don't give a shit at all. Funny that.

I'm happy that we managed to pull off this transfer. Curious to see where Sanchez will play though. I'd be very disappointed if he takes the LW position from Martial who has been really good for us this season. I assume he will take up the secondary striker position that Lingard has been playing and Lingard/Mata play on the right. Guess I'll find out on Friday.

Liverpool looking a bit toothless so far. These games were teams aren’t really looking to come out and play too much, so there’s less opportunity for counter pressing, are were we’re more likely to feel the absence of Coutinho.

The main problem is Wijnaldum, as usual. We basically have ten men when we're on the ball. Add that to Mane still lacking confidence and Firmino having his worst game for quite some time, and we're going to struggle. 

I really think we should be playing TAA over Gomez in these types of game too. Gomez's delivery is awful most of the time. 

More like Liverpool having trouble to focus on Swansea after their performance against City. Those are always somewhat tricky fixtures, but I still thought Liverpool should win this given their quality.

I don’t think it’s a focus problem so much as our midfield thrives in an open game but has few ideas against a tight, defensive shell.  On top of that Bobby had a poor game and Mane has been off form for months.  

But it is peak Liverpool to play City off the park and then lose to Swansea. 

Big win for Swansea. They really worked their butts off and put in an excellent defensive performance. Fabianski had a solid game as well but Liverpool didn't create a real clear cut chance right up until the end. Both Spurs and Liverpool dropping points keeps Arsenal in the hunt as well.

It's a mixture of things really - players having a bad game, but also Klopp picking the wrong players for the job. Gomez shouldn't be getting picked for any game where we're going to have ~70% possession. His crossing is atrocious.

Then there's the fact he took The Ox off, even though he'd looked at least a little useful and can take set pieces, but kept the worst player I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt on for a while longer. Is slowing the play down and passing backwards a useful tactic in this type of game?

Looks like Kenedy is heading to New Castle on loan. Thoughts are this will open up room for Palmieri to come over from Roma. Don't know much about the guy. Looks like he'll be backing up Alonso who's been pretty decent this year. The fixtures are about to be crowded again with CL in a couple weeks so hopefully he can contribute. I was reading good stuff about him. Looks like he gets up the field well in the left back role. 

The Dzeko portion of the swap is looking promising as well. He killed us in the CL group stage this year. Not sure how much he expects to play considering we have Morata, and will have to sit out the CL, but he has to be better than Michy. 

10 hours ago, Mexal said:

Have to say, I'm pretty ok with Sanchez leaving. Thought I'd care more, especially with him going to United but nope, don't give a shit at all. Funny that.

I'm ok with it too. I think it's the fact that Sanchez hasn't performed for us this season anyway. Clearly his heart wasn't in it and he was itching to go, so fine - he goes, and at least mid-season this means we get some compensation for him rather than leave for free.