Westeros Experts League 2018

Week

On 8/23/2018 at 5:18 PM, Jace, Basilissa said:

"There's always 2 years from now to redeem yourself"

Jaime L's consolation to Jace.

Hey I'm like a broken clock. Twice a year I'll say something that turns out to be correct. Happy to see you back in the big show. 

I spent $20 more on starters than I intended so I better pray for no injuries (and a little Luck).

QB - R.Wilson, A.Luck (C.Keenum, L.Jackson)

RB - D.Johnson, J.Ajayi, R.Jones (C.Thompson, T.Cohen, D.Booker)

WR - J.Jones, M,Thomas, A.Jeffery, K.Benjamin (C.Kupp, R.Matthews, D.Parker)

TE - K.Rudolph, C.Brate (V.Davis)

K - J.Elliott

DEF - Den, Pit (Buf)

QB - Rodgers, Mariota (Tygod, Mayfield)

WR - Green, Allen Robinson, Marvin, Sterling Shep (Golladay, Enuwa)

RB - Kamara, McCoy, Barber (K Johnson, Blount, Mack, Breida, Ivory, Gillislee)

TE - Graham, Ertz

K - Prater

DEF - Detroit, SF

Wanted to get Rodgers -- that price was painful in comparison to cheap late buys (Russell, Kirk, etc.). At RB, gotta hope for McCoy to be OK and a starter to emerge from Johnson/Mack/Breida. WR is fine ... not a lot of depth there. TE is second best combo to Jace's pair until she trades one or both of them ( :) ). Defense is GREAT because I only spent $3 on them. :p

QB- Prescott, Dalton, Goff

WR- Brown, Diggs, Allen, Fuller (Edelman, Ross, Miller, Allison, Meredith)

RB- McCaffrey, Collins, Peterson (Murray, Ekeler)

TE- Ebron, Watson (Seals-Jones, Gates)

DST- Jaguars, NYG

Mostly happy with the team. I probably could have pushed a bit to get better QBa. Really though It doesn't have too many glaring weaknesses. I may be leaning too much on young RB talent and my TEs might be ancient.

Duskendale Dames

QB- Eli Manning, Ryan Fitzmagic, (Nathan Peterman, Jacoby Brisket, Nick Foles)

RB- Melvin Gordon, Derrick Henry, Joe Mixon (Doug Martin, James White)

WR- Jordy Nelson, Josh Doctson, Odell Beckham Jr. , Devin Funchess (Phillipe Dorset, Michael Crabtree, John Brown, Courtlan Sutton, Chester Rogers)

TE- Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce

K- Adam Vinatieri

DEF- Green Bay, Cleveland

Think that went pretty well. 

QB - K.Cousins, B.Roethlisberger (B.Bortles, R.Tannehill)
RB - T.Gurley, L.Fournette, C.Hyde (J.Williams, A.Jones, R.Penny, N.Chubb, J.Kelly)
WR - D.Adams, E.Sanders, C.Davis, N.Agholor (K.Stills, K.Cole, M.Gallup)
TE - D.Njoku, G.Kittle
K - S.Gostkowski
DEF - Tennessee, Arizona

Feel good at QB.  Didn't get one of the elite guys, but I'm okay with 2 from the middle of the pack. 

Probably have the best RB crew in the league, or close to it. 

A little weak at WR, but got one star and 5 of the mid/late round targets I've been going after this year in Sanders/Davis/Agholor/Stills/Cole.  Would prefer to only need 2 of them to emerge, but counting on 3 is probably okay in a league that's this deep. 

TE isn't great, but I went into the draft thinking I'd get Njoku + Burton - the 2 cheaper guys who I think have top 5 ceilings at the position.  Njoku + Kittle is a step down from that, but could be way worse given the low cost.  They are my 8th and 11th ranked TE, so hopefully good enough.

My one regret is getting Gurley instead of waiting for DJ or even one of the tier 2 RB.  The difference between Gurley and DJ was $8, which is more than the separation I have between them in my values.  And thats basically what I would have needed to push for a better WR2. 

On the flip side, think I'm happiest with just being able to save money for the end of the draft.  Some pretty strange strategies led to some really good value falling for extremely cheap prices, which let me fill out my lineup and build some unexpected depth.

14 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Duskendale Dames

QB- Eli Manning, Ryan Fitzmagic, (Nathan Peterman, Jacoby Brisket, Nick Foles)

Who are you starting at QB week 5? Asking for a friend. :)

Spent way more on QBs than I was planning.  I wasn't paying attention and somehow bid on Watson up to $34, when I wasn't planning on spending more than $25 on a QB.  Oh well.  I didn't get a high end RB so I had some extra cash to spare at that point, so it wasn't a disaster.  Having some extra money at the end would have been nice though.

QB: Deshaun Watson, Cam Newton (Sam Darnold, Joe Flacco)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Demaryius Thomas, Doug Baldwin, Robert Woods (Tyler Lockett, Randall Cobb, Mahamed Sanu)
RB: Kenyan Drake, Marshawn Lynch, Royce Freeman (Dion Lewis, Isaiah Crowell, Spencer Ware)
TE: O.J. Howard, Vance McDonald (Charles Clay)
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Kansas City, Seattle, Tampa Bay

Weak at TE, DEF (Bronn!), and unsure about my RBs.  I'll be happy if I can field three RB starters throughout the year.  But overall, the team looks OK.

29 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Spent way more on QBs than I was planning.  I wasn't paying attention and somehow bid on Watson up to $34, when I wasn't planning on spending more than $25 on a QB.  Oh well.  I didn't get a high end RB so I had some extra cash to spare at that point, so it wasn't a disaster.  Having some extra money at the end would have been nice though.

QB: Deshaun Watson, Cam Newton (Sam Darnold, Joe Flacco)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Demaryius Thomas, Doug Baldwin, Robert Woods (Tyler Lockett, Randall Cobb, Mahamed Sanu)
RB: Kenyan Drake, Marshawn Lynch, Royce Freeman (Dion Lewis, Isaiah Crowell, Spencer Ware)
TE: O.J. Howard, Vance McDonald (Charles Clay)
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Kansas City, Seattle, Tampa Bay

Weak at TE, DEF (Bronn!), and unsure about my RBs.  I'll be happy if I can field three RB starters throughout the year.  But overall, the team looks OK.

Wanna make a deal?

QB - M. Ryan, C. Wentz (S. Bradford, N. Foles)
WR - T. Hilton, J. Gordon, C. Hogan, J. Crowder (C. Godwin, D. Westbrook, C. Ridley)
RB - L. Bell, K. Hunt, R. Burkhead (A. Morris, C. Michael, C. Clement)
TE - D. Walker, J. Doyle (J. Cook)
K - W. Lutz
D - Houston, Cincy (Dallas)

Mostly happy with the draft. If things work out, have two strong QBs, 2 RB1s and 3 good WRs with upside. Main issue was maybe too cavalier with Bell and Wentz's current situations. Could be a shaky start to the season which is never what you want in Experts. Also should have held onto like $6-7 at the end as insane deal after insane deal went off the board. Could've had a better WR4 and proven depth instead of hopeful depth. 

QB: Brady, Brees (Smith, Trubisky, Winston)
RB: Howard, Miller, Carson (Conner)
WR: Smith-Schuster, Watkins, Landry, Anderson (Hurns, Goodwin)
TE: Burton, Engram
K: Zuerlein
DEF: All  (BALT, MINN, LAC, PHIL, ATL, WAS)

I'm notorious for hoarding QB.  I always thought DT was the other chokepoint and thought it might be fun to make it so very few went for less than $3.  And I've never been a hard person to make a deal with if the offer involves similar auction value.

Pretty happy with my starters.  Glaring weakness is RB4 but those usually appear during the season. 

16 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

There has been a trade.

Duskendale Dames receives Jordan Wilkins, RB-Indy

Riverrun Kobra Kai receives Nick Foles, QB-Philly

Also need to say it's outrageous that Jace moved her team mere moments after the draft. Great Wyk was giddy to finally have a franchise and then to rip it away before providing even a single regular season game is heartless. 

Now the Great Wykians are forced to watch Eli Manning and Ryan Fitzpatrick light it up for another city, left to only imagine the glory they could've brought to the big island. 

This is like the Sonics moving to OKC but like 10 times worse.  

7 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Also need to say it's outrageous that Jace moved her team mere moments after the draft. Great Wyk was giddy to finally have a franchise and then to rip it away before providing even a single regular season game is heartless. 

Sometimes you get to your Wyk and realize it isn't as Great as the brochures made it sound.  And nobody wants to play in Barely Tolerable Wyk.

Archived