Westeros Experts League 2018

Week

37 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

There’s no “hug it out” emoji, but there are plenty of spanking ones. Rude ass board. 

No clue what this is week will bring, except I’m pretty sure I’m not going to get 35+ from my QBs and Hill. 

:grouphug:

7 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Don't love giving up a RB with Penny's upside, but ultimately felt it made sense.  Had him as a $2 player going into the draft, got him for $1.  Can live with that price for a really good defense that should upgrade my lineup.  Just hoping he doesn't blow up.

(this will be the post somebody quotes down the line, when Carson gets hurt and Penny takes over)

Noted -- can't wait.

Two close games down to tonight:

Brax vs Dreadfort: [Prediction - Brax]
10.38 + ARob vs Lockett and Seattle D

Harlaw vs Mole's Town: [Prediction Harlaw]
8.22 + Howard + Burton vs Russell Wilson

There is certainly a chance of Russell going HAM -- which would be bad news for Bronn and possibly for me (though a short-out might be good for ARob and bad for Bears D).

Otherwise, another strong performance by Eyrie and Duskendale put them at 1-2 where they'll probably stay for as long as Mahomes and Fitzpatrick drop 50 points a week. ;)

5 hours ago, Week said:

Two close games down to tonight:

Brax vs Dreadfort: [Prediction - Brax]
10.38 + ARob vs Lockett and Seattle D

Harlaw vs Mole's Town: [Prediction Harlaw]
8.22 + Howard + Burton vs Russell Wilson

There is certainly a chance of Russell going HAM -- which would be bad news for Bronn and possibly for me (though a short-out might be good for ARob and bad for Bears D).

Otherwise, another strong performance by Eyrie and Duskendale put them at 1-2 where they'll probably stay for as long as Mahomes and Fitzpatrick drop 50 points a week. ;)

Hey now! Last week I topped 200 without a single player hitting 50. :P

15 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

Hey now! Last week I topped 200 without a single player hitting 50. :P

True! 70+ points from your QBs in two straight weeks is pretty nuts (WJ managed to eclipse that this week too :uhoh:)

Week 2 Power Rankings:

1) Mya - 17-1
2) WJ - 14-4
3) Jace - 13-5
4) Bronn - 9-9
4t) Lord Dracarys - 9-9
6) BL - 8-10
7) Dunknegg - 7-11
8) Week - 5-13
9) Mudguard - 4-14
9t) Jaime - 4-14

Definitely feel for Week. He was like a 90%+ favorite over Mudguard deep into the MNF game with a 10 point lead and A-Rob getting targeted a ton. And then Lockett gets an improbable TD late to make it close. And on the very final drive Lockett got an 11 yard catch that flipped it to a Mudguard win. Could have late season implications as Week, Mudguard and me are the early Jaxoming leaders.

Another very high scoring week. Mahomes, Big Ben, Cousins, Ryan, Dalton and Fitzpatrick all were good for 34.6+. Also featured 3 teams going 180+. I recall seasons in the passed where, we looked at this and if you scored 153+, you'd be guaranteed a win. Now scoring 154 gets you a 2-7 for power rankings purposes. Not your older brother's Experts League. 

But it's been great. Love going against the highest scoring team in our league two weeks in a row. Really builds character. Excited to see what Dracarys has in store for me this week.  

3 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Definitely feel for Week. He was like a 90%+ favorite over Mudguard deep into the MNF game with a 10 point lead and A-Rob getting targeted a ton. And then Lockett gets an improbable TD late to make it close. And on the very final drive Lockett got an 11 yard catch that flipped it to a Mudguard win. Could have late season implications as Week, Mudguard and me are the early Jaxoming leaders.

It doesn't bother me that much considering I would have lost by 1-2 pts to Mudguard, Dracarys, and you. 

Marvin over Enuwa and Breida over McCoy/Baber were really the only winning moves that I could have made. I probably should have played Marvin, but it isn't such a no-brainer that I'm particularly frustrated by it.

Trade between WJ and myself

Brax Tantivy receives Bortles and Callaway

Coldstone Behemoths receive Mayfield and Golladay

WJ is infatuated with the sweet new thang and I'm looking for someone steady (I can't believe I just said that about Bortles). I'm willing to take the risk that he goes Deshaun Watson on the AFC North for a reliable starter. I'm looking down the barrel of an 0-3 start (that .4 loss really smarts) -- something has got to change... oh well.

5 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

NOW ANNOUCING

THE NEW STARTING QUARTERBACK

FOR YOUR COLDWATER BEHEMOTHS

BAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR MAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYFFFFFFIIIIIIIEEEEELLLLLLLLDDDDD

Over Roethlisberger and/or Cousins!!???

Please do this the week you face me. :)

So this trade was actually the product of a small mistake by me.

Was trying to upgrade at WR, because I wasn't comfortable starting Kenny Stills. 

Problem is, I got confused on which league had Stills in the starting lineup.  Was actually Westeros A where he's my best option for WR4.  In this league, I was doing okay with Sanders/Agholor/Cole.

Completely my fault, especially since I'm the one who proposed the trade.  No clue why I didn't even glance at my WR while I was doing it.

That said, I'm good with the deal regardless.  I wanted Golladay, and hopefully he's still an upgrade on some of the guys I have.  Just lowers the utility of the deal, when I'm benching somebody like Cole or Agholor instead of Stills. 

Didn't really want to give up Bortles.....felt he was a really good QB3 safety net.  But I also think Baker can be pretty good.  As long as Hue is smart enough to start him moving forward.

Plus.....any time you can get 3 of the key Browns players on your team (Baker, Hyde, Njoku), you pretty much have to do it.  Right?  Right!

1 hour ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Plus.....any time you can get 3 of the key Browns players on your team (Baker, Hyde, Njoku), you pretty much have to do it.  Right?  Right!

Antonio Callaway is available. ;)

Archived