Westeros Experts League 2018

Week

3 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

@Bronn Stone

Ju-Ju Smith-schuster vs Fitzmagic

This is actually quite the toss up. Either this game is over by halftime or it's a vintage Fitz performance of 5 INTs

I wouldn't go so far as a toss-up but I definitely believe I have a better chance than the 18% indicated by Yahoo.  I'd say closer to 66% to 33%.
For those lurking, she has Fitz vs. my JuJu and she currently leads by 2.22.

41 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I wouldn't go so far as a toss-up but I definitely believe I have a better chance than the 18% indicated by Yahoo.  I'd say closer to 66% to 33%.
For those lurking, she has Fitz vs. my JuJu and she currently leads by 2.22.

Yeah that sounds about right. The long and the short of it is that there are plenty of universes where I do not start 3-0

Week 3 Power Rankings:

1) Mya - 23-4
2) WJ - 21-6
2t) Jace - 21-6
4) Bronn - 13-14
4t) Mudguard - 13-14
6) Lord Dracarys - 12-15
7) BL - 10-17
8) Jaime - 9-18
9) Dunknegg - 8-19
10) Week - 5-22

A week of two very tight wins by WJ over Mya and me over Dracarys that came down to the final seconds of MNF. Somehow Jace has ridden Fitzmagic to be the last undefeated. And the Power Rankings remain very harsh as 6 teams were separated by a mere 14 points and the low score this week still scored 130+. Last week it was 4 teams within 2 points of one another. Every single roster decision matters. 

I wasn't able to follow the Monday night games for the first two weeks, so I missed out on my close matches with Boiled Leather and Week.  I had no idea my match with BL was that close until reading the last several pages of this thread.  I knew my match with Week was extremely close due to the margin, but I didn't realize it came down to a late garbage time reception from Lockett until I reviewed the play by play. 

Week, I hope the law of averages plays out in your favor this season and you win a close one.

I'm feeling better about my team now.  All my Westeros teams started out slowly, but after 3 games, I have a much better idea what to expect going forward.  My RB situation in this league is dicier than I was hoping, but I'm hoping one or two of my early season RB underperformers (Drake and Freeman) can turn it around.  I wasn't expecting Lynch and Crowell to be my best backs.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

1 point deficit starting Travis Kelce. Opponent has Demaryous Thomas and Royce Freeman.

Oh but can't I see the victory! Good luck!

Both Freeman and Thomas have been underperforming so far.  Freeman is stuck in a RB committee with Phillip Lindsay, so he probably needs to score a TD to hit his projected score.  Keenum has been mediocre, and he doesn't seem to be in sync with Thomas yet.  Chief's D is pretty bad though, so there's hope for me there.

I think there's a very good chance that Kelce scores 15+ points, so I think our match is a coin flip.

Lot's of close matches this week, with almost everyone putting up big numbers.

55 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Both Freeman and Thomas have been underperforming so far.  Freeman is stuck in a RB committee with Phillip Lindsay, so he probably needs to score a TD to hit his projected score.  Keenum has been mediocre, and he doesn't seem to be in sync with Thomas yet.  Chief's D is pretty bad though, so there's hope for me there.

I think there's a very good chance that Kelce scores 15+ points, so I think our match is a coin flip.

Lot's of close matches this week, with almost everyone putting up big numbers.

I'd be the most unstable 4-0 since that time the Bills started out a season with six straight wins.

Ryan Fitzpatrick for both of us too. :P

16 hours ago, Lord Dracarys said:

Well, looks like I might score the second most points this week while playing the team that scores the most. Having some bad luck this season.

Honestly, I give you a better chance at victory than Yahoo’s projection. Denver is playing at home, and they have a decent pass rush. <shrug> I wouldn’t have started Carr over either QB, but I debated about Moncrief, and once again, that move (Amendola/Moncrief WR4 toss up) could cost me this week. 

59 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

Honestly, I give you a better chance at victory than Yahoo’s projection. Denver is playing at home, and they have a decent pass rush. <shrug> I wouldn’t have started Carr over either QB, but I debated about Moncrief, and once again, that move (Amendola/Moncrief WR4 toss up) could cost me this week

This has been a bad year fantasy football-wise so I have little faith in things going my way, but we shall see what happens. Wasn't much I could have changed lineup-wise.

Wow, 4 out of 5 games were within 3 points. Congratulations to the victors and condolences to those who fell short. It's a damn fine line.

Week 4 Power Rankings:

1) Mya - 32-4
2) Jace - 24-12
3) WJ - 22-14
4) Lord Dracarys - 20-16 
5) Mudguard - 17-19
6) Jaime - 14-22
6t) Dunknegg - 14-22
8) Bronn - 13- 23
9) BL - 12-24
9t) Week - 12-24

Wow. This was easily the most intense week in Experts history. Matchups were swinging on virtually play last night. As Week noted, 4 matchups decided by 3 points or less. Hard to decide who is the hardest luck loser this week. Could be Dracarys putting up a monster score only to get edged out by Mahomes/Hill late. Could be WJ who lost by .28 points...literally needed 3 more yards from Emmanuel Sanders and was close to getting it throughout that last drive but just didn't happen. Could be Dunk who just needed 8 points with both his defenses left to go, just needed one to be at all decent, and couldn't get it. I don't think it's Jace, but it bears pointing out she would've won if Kelce didn't get shoved out of bounds on a would be TD catch late in the game. 

Was particularly struck by how many matchups ended up being this tight when even very late into them there looked to be a clear winner, someone with 2 studs left to go against 1 or none...and yet each seemed to break in the most dramatic way possible.

Hardest luck on the season though is a bit clearer. It's Dracarys who has a winning power ranking overall but no actual wins yet. Not to mention his last two weeks have been losses by a combined 5 points. 

Power rankings overall have tightened. This league has been a bloodbath every week and it's shaping to get only more tense going forward. Case in point is 162 points resulted in a 1-8 power ranking this week. There's been a ton of weeks in prior seasons where that would be good for 9-0.

Hopefully Week 5 is a little less ridiculous or someone's going to have a heart attack before it's out. 

Archived