Westeros Experts League 2018

Week

16 hours ago, Dunknegg said:

When I get to 7th or higher, I’ll allow myself to have fun. Until then, I’m sweating bullets.

Agree -- I felt mild relief at getting to a .500 power ranking ... 8th place in the league standings ain't pretty though.

I had too many QB and too many squanky WR so Boiled Leather and I have a trade.   I give up Alex Smith and get Larry Fitzgerald.

Rosen is hurt and McCoy is appropriately unemployed.  My hope is that Fitz has a bit of magic left once Byron Leftwich comes in and shakes things up.  And I can thus trim down the deadweight at WR to find an emerging RB.

Surprised to see the trade with neither player on track to play for each team this week. Reasonable deal.

I'm interested in upgrading from Mariota this week -- if anyone else is looking for a QB swap or burn excess QBs (Brockstar and DAnderson are not on the list of improvements from Mariota :) ).

eta- Rosen is just a bit banged up and should be fine (pending MRI on his toe). Allen is the injured Josh. ;)

Cardinals coach Steve Wilks doesn't expect Josh Rosen (toe) to miss any time.

It's good news after what looked like a serious injury. There was some concern with Rosen in a walking boot on Friday. Rosen's practice reps may be scaled back next week, but with the Cardinals on a mini-bye, he shouldn't be in danger of sitting out Week 8.

-rw

Just FYI, Smith is still a definite upgrade regardless of Rosen's health.

Week 7 Power Rankings 

1) WJ - 47-16 (5-2)
2) Mya - 45-18 (5-2)
3) Jaime - 39-24 (5-2) 

4) Jace - 36-27 (3-4)
5) Week - 28-35 (2-5)
6) Dunknegg - 26-37 (2-5)
7) Lord Dracarys - 25-38 (1-6)
7t) Mudguard - 25-38 (3-4) 

9) BL - 22-41 (5-2)
9t) Bronn - 22-41 (4-3) 

We're more than halfway in so including records now. Makes clear that if the season ended today, the 4 teams in consideration to be Jaxomed are only separated by 3 power rankings wins. Very tight. Bronn and BL's best road for staying is continuing to win, which they both did this week, but they also tightened their respective power ranking positioning. 

Pretty mundane week overall. Not a ton of close matchups. Only thing I noted is that Jace gave up a win by not switching out MGIII and GB D (on bye). Think BL getting that win and Jace not will have definite ramifications down the line.

46 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

We're more than halfway in so including records now. Makes clear that if the season ended today, the 4 teams in consideration to be Jaxomed are only separated by 3 power rankings wins. Very tight. Bronn and BL's best road for staying is continuing to win, which they both did this week, but they also tightened their respective power ranking positioning. .

BL and I face each other this week and both really need the W.  Neither of us really has key players on bye so it should be a good test.

But I definitely feel that I got back within striking distance of PR.  Plus I had wins in Thunderdome, Dynasty and Keeper all of which are teams that have legitimate shots at winning the leagues.  The two keeper-type wins were both against RaceBannon and his teams are among the best in those leagues.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

Mouse trade.  Seattle defense for Charles Clay. 

I wanted Clay to be prepared JIC Gronk misses Monday's game.

Mudguard wanted Seattle because pretty much anyone is better than Clay (or so I guess).

I enjoyed the negative points he scored against me last week.

29 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

I enjoyed the negative points he scored against me last week.

If it comes to it, I'll take my chances with the 5 targets Clay got last week over the zero I got for Allen after Gronk sat out.

TE seemed like such a deep position at draft time but it also seems to be the M*A*S*H unit's primary source of business.

20 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Mouse trade.  Seattle defense for Charles Clay. 

I wanted Clay to be prepared JIC Gronk misses Monday's game.

Mudguard wanted Seattle because pretty much anyone is better than Clay (or so I guess).

Your analysis was spot on.  I would have taken anyone on your roster for Clay.  It took me a little while before I figured out why you wanted Clay when there were plenty of comparablely mediocre TEs that you could have picked up for free.  I was really confused at first.  Good luck.  For the sake of your team, I hope Gronk can play.

1 minute ago, Week said:

Martavis Bryant and Jon Gruden are dead to me. Regardless of outcome.

Gotta admit, I saw that one coming.  I've seen several Raiders games this season.  Bryant simply 'doesn't get' the offense.  He's the most talented WR on the roster (Jordy has lost a step and he was never really about physical talent anyway).

Week 8 Power Rankings 

1) WJ - 52-20 (6-2)
2) Mya - 51-21 (6-2)
3) Jaime - 47-25 (6-2) 

4) Jace - 36-36 (3-5)
5) Lord Dracarys - 34-38 (2-6)
6) Week - 32-40 (2-6)
6t) Mudguard - 32-40 (3-5) 
8) Dunknegg - 28-44 (2-6)
9) Bronn - 25-47 (5-3) 
10)  BL - 23-49 (5-3)

Toughest loss of the week goes to Week. WJ needed 4 FGs in the Monday Nighter to come all the way back and got just that to edge him by just over a point. That's a tough hit for Week's playoff hopes. 

Tough loss also for Mudguard who put up a great score and still got blown out by Dracarys' monster day. Dracarys got double digit scores from every single QB, WR and RB. Has to feel good. Least Mudguard can take solace in a strong day power rankings wise. And if this were week 13, Dracarys would've dramatically saved his spot in the league, leaping a bunch of teams in power rankings all at once. 

But it is not and so the struggle continues. The reality is every team is, at worst, one game out of a playoff spot. And power rankings remain tight enough that any of the teams with 2 or 3 wins could still save themselves with a strong home stretch even if luck remains not on their side. 

10 hours ago, Jaime L said:

And power rankings remain tight enough that any of the teams with 2 or 3 wins could still save themselves with a strong home stretch even if luck remains not on their side. 

Hey, I have Luck on my side, but unfortunately, he can’t carry the other slackers.  It’s looking rather bleak at the moment.

Weird, day for me.  Good luck and bad. 

At the end of the early games I had 94.5 points and a projected score around 170.
I didn't have anyone in the "late" games but I did have Brees, Brady, Tre'Quan Smith, Gronk and Lutz to play in SNF and MNF.

After SNF, Brees and Smith had done nothing but Lutz had a big game.  I still had Brady and Gronk and 121.10 vs. BL with 116.9 and only the Patriots defense.   I barely eked out a win.  And I had to watch Nathan Peterman throw two passes in utter garbage time with the fear that a pick six turns the game.  Both New Orleans and New England are pass-first teams that won their games without much scoring with the pass.

Good luck in that BL had a tough day at RB and TE.  But yeesh.  At 1PM PDT I really thought I was in for a bump in my Power Ranking instead I went backwards.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

And I had to watch Nathan Peterman throw two passes in utter garbage time with the fear that a pick six turns the game. 

I noticed this as well. After the unbelievably bad Derek Anderson Pick Six it opened the possibility for the horrifying loss imaginable - losing a week because Brady/Gronk got outscored by the NE D by 6 points.  And then Nathan Peterman trots on the field. Dude, in your shoes I would've been losing it in that moment. 

Fortunately the injury happened late enough that Nathan Peterman only had time to throw two passes. So his chances of throwing a pick six in that moment were only 25-30% tops. 

Archived