3) Jaime - 54-36 (7-3) 
4) Lord Dracarys - 47-43 (3-7)
5) Jace - 42-48 (3-7)
7) Week - 40-50 (3-7)
7t) Mudguard - 40-50 (4-6) 
8) Dunknegg - 39-51 (4-6)
9) Bronn - 35-55 (5-5) 
10)  BL - 24-66 (6-4)

A little birdy has (correctly) informed me I screwed up Mudguard's power ranking. Apparently there's some stupid rule about how power ranking wins must equal the number of power ranking losses. This is the first I'm hearing of this. 

Sorry, Mudguard. Rough to go from 5th place to 7th place in the rankings at a time when no games are being played. 

Week 11 Power Rankings

1) Mya - 75-24 (9-2)
2) WJ - 66-33 (8-3)
3) Jaime - 55-44 (7-4) 
3t) Lord Dracarys - 55-44 (4-7)
5) Jace - 46-53 (3-8)
5t) Dunknegg - 46-53 (5-6)
7) Mudguard - 42-57 (5-6) 
8) Week - 40-59  (3-8)
8t) Bronn - 40-59 (5-6) 
10)  BL - 30-69 (6-5)

The playoff picture continues to tighten with Bronn and BL losing and Dunk, Mudguard and Dracarys all winning. Dracarys with another big week has taken significant strides towards be saved by power rankings even if he misses the playoffs. His lockdown on power rankings means it's increasingly looking like playoffs or out for Bronn, BL, Dunk and Mudguard.

At 3-8 Jace and Week are now eliminated from the playoffs. Jace has some hope at being saved by power rankings that would be bolstered by Dracarys making the playoffs. Dracarys though has a tough road to make the playoffs as he finishes up with me and Mya and likely will need to beat both. As a result likely the best hope for Jace and Week at sticking in Experts s winning another league.

And with wins Mya has locked down a bye and WJ has just about done so. 

Mudguard vs. Dunk is the pivotal matchup this week. The winner likely clinches a playoff spot. BL also clinches one with a win. Will be able to run the full playoffs/Jaxoming scenarios next week. Good luck, all. 

Three straight losses have pretty much countered the good luck earlier in the season.
During those three weeks, I've scored higher than six of the other twelve teams that won games in which I did not participate.

Elsewhere, I'm on track for (but haven't clinched) a bye in Keeper, (Race and I are 9-2 and while JJ is 7-4, he plays Race in week 13 - the other 7-4 team has a large point gap to make up [140ish]).  In Dynasty, while I am 7-4 and probably not a candidate for a bye, I have won 7 straight.  Thunderdome I'm on track for the playoffs but facing POTN in a matchup that will give one team a huge leg up on the division.  Survivor - still alive.

My semi-quick calculation is that if in Week 12, Jacelyn, Jaime, Week and Mudguard win, then in week 13, Jaime, Mya, Week and Jace win, the records end up as follows

Mya 1/2
WJ 1/2
Jaime, 9-4
BL either 7-6 or 6-7
Mudguard 6-7

Bronn 5-8, Week 5-8, DunknEgg 5-8, Jace 5-8 - massive tie-breaker for final playoff spot, with losers Jaxomed
Lord D 4-9 - but probably saved by Power ranking

<insert Monty Python quote here>
<also insert Princess Bride quote here>

20 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Thunderdome I'm on track for the playoffs but facing POTN in a matchup that will give one team a huge leg up on the division. 

That's ya boy! Should be a good matchup this week.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:22 PM, Mya Stone said:

I love how it was “Save me boys” totally discounting me. :dunno:

I figured the queen of experts had no use for a challenger. :P sorry, nothing meant by it but I've done business with some of these guys a lot over the years. 

you want Travis Kelce?

Week 12 Power Rankings

1) Mya - 75-33 (9-3)
1t) WJ - 75-33 (9-3)
3) Lord Dracarys - 63-45 (5-7)
4) Jaime - 59-49 (7-5) 
5) Dunknegg - 49-59 (5-7)
6) Jace - 47-61 (3-9)
6t) Mudguard - 47-61 (6-6) 
6t) Bronn - 47-61 (6-6) 
9) Week - 42-66 (3-9)
10)  BL - 36-72 (7-5)

Things have cleared up a lot:

Byes: WJ, Mya
Playoffs: Jaime, BL
Safe: Dracarys (either playoffs or through power rankings)

Still alive for a playoff spot: Bronn, Mudguard, Dunk
Still alive potentially through power rankings: Jace.............................and Week* 

*Week is alive based on the potential he has the high score in Week 13, Dracarys wins his matchup and Dunk, Jace, Mudguard and Bronn are basically the 4 lowest scores next week. So I'm saying there's a chance.

Basically for everyone outside of the top 4, everything rides on Dracarys' matchup vs. Mya in week 13. Mya has a monster team with Mahomes/Hill returning to the lineup but Dracarys has been on fire as of late to save his season scoring 164+ in each of his last 5 weeks so will be hard to predict how this one goes. 

If Dracarys wins, and either Bronn loses to me or Mudguard loses to Jace, Dracarys makes the playoffs and Jace (and Week's!) flickering hopes of sticking in this league through power rankings stay alive if they have a great week 13. 

If Dracarys loses or Dracarys wins but Bronn beats me and Mudguard beats Jace, then Dracarys misses the playoffs but claims the power rankings safe spot and makes it irrelevant for everyone else. For everyone else on the edge of the playoffs, only wins matter at that point. 

Beyond that, the simple scenarios are:

1) If Bronn beats me he's in the playoffs. If he loses, a bunch of possible outcomes for him between playoffs, staying alive through power rankings and elimination.  
2) If Mudguard beats Jace, he's in the playoffs. If he loses, a bunch of possible outcomes for him that are the same as Bronn's.
3) Dunk needs to beat Week to keep his playoff hopes alive. If he loses, he still has a possible chance to stay alive through power rankings.

I'll do a more detailed write up on the scenarios in the next couple days but wanted to set the scene. 

Thanks for the rundown, Jaime. 

Going to be an interesting final week.

Have no clue who to root for between Mya and Dracarys this week.  On the one hand, would like to get the top seed, and that's easier if Mya loses.  But on the other hand, kind of don't want to see Dracarys make the playoffs - his team is really good and a pretty big threat.

Trade between Jaime and I -- Josh Adams for Josh Gordon. I didn't want to reduce the number of Josh's on my team, but I wanted to put a better WR into my lineup. That's about it!

Archived