Westeros Experts League 2018

Week

Mostly agree with WJ.  Diggs is certainly capable.  I wouldn't go so far as a toss up, but probably 65/35 Cook/Diggs.

I'm not confident in Dynasty where I have Russell Wilson vs. Diggs +2.7.  The site says about 75/25 in my favor and I think that is about right.

3 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Mostly agree with WJ.  Diggs is certainly capable.  I wouldn't go so far as a toss up, but probably 65/35 Cook/Diggs.

I'm not confident in Dynasty where I have Russell Wilson vs. Diggs +2.7.  The site says about 75/25 in my favor and I think that is about right.

Didn't do  the math, but that must have been close.  Did you get the win?

12 hours ago, Dunknegg said:

Congrats Jaime...well deserved win!

Thanks Dunk. Glad this ramshackle team I now have was able to scratch out a decent point total. I was sure Wilson would be terrifying in the Monday Nighter but for some reason didn't do much which made for a more relaxing night than I was expecting. 

BL also pulled off an upset over Drac as Drac's big advantage crumbled when Goff put up a unthinkable negative score against the Bears. Semis are now set:

(1) WJ vs. (4) BL
(2) Mya vs. (3) Jaime   

WJ is a massive favorite and Mya will be a solid one as well but nothing is written until the games are actually played*

*When Mya will proceed to jump to an 80 point lead over me on TNF with Mahomes, Rivers and Hill all going against my no-one. God that game will be a horror show. 

Well that was a disaster.  

Keenan Allen getting hurt killed me in Westeros B, and also led to Mike Williams destroying me here.  

Also went up against Damien Williams in Westeros A. 

Had a good regular season but feel like I just lost nearly across the board.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:41 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

Well that was a disaster.  

Keenan Allen getting hurt killed me in Westeros B, and also led to Mike Williams destroying me here.  

Also went up against Damien Williams in Westeros A. 

Had a good regular season but feel like I just lost nearly across the board.

That huge game from Hopkins just nullified my lead in A. You're projected to win again. 

Experts Championship week is set:

(1) WJ vs. (3) Jaime

Mya had a rare off week which allowed my ramshackle duct-tape-and-balling-twine team to somehow advance. BL jumped out to a big lead off Mike Williams' unreal TNF performance but couldn't build on it on Sunday and ran into the typical Coldwater deluge.

I mean I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think objectively we can call this Finals matchup the ultimate scrappy underdog vs. evil empire matchup we've seen in the finals in awhile. Personally I think it'll be a miracle if this Jaime guy finishes with 50 points of WJ. Good luck to both our finals participants! 

33 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I mean I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think objectively we can call this Finals matchup the ultimate scrappy underdog vs. evil empire matchup we've seen in the finals in awhile. Personally I think it'll be a miracle if this Jaime guy finishes with 50 points of WJ. Good luck to both our finals participants! 

Excerpt from the Coldwater Gazette:

The Riverrun Cobra Kai are the clear favorites in this week's upcoming Championship Game.  Now led by proven Super Bowl winner and MVP Nick Foles, the juggernaut out of the Riverlands has destroyed their opponents in each of their first two playoff matchups.  And can any of us say we're really surprised?  With superstar names like "Lumberjack" Jeff Wilson, Adam "Soon To Be A Patriot" Humphries, and Jaylen "Worked Out At The Combine At TE" Samuels spread out across the lineup, it's truly a star-studded team.  Nearly unbeatable.

Meanwhile, the plucky underdogs from Coldwater are just hoping to keep the game competitive.  It's a longshot at best.  But sources say the Behemoths are "just happy to be here" and "appreciating the full Championship Game experience."  They already consider this season to be a success, and anything more would be a shocking - yet welcome - surprise.

Finals Recap

This ended up the highest scoring title game in Experts history and the closest one too -194.40-191.76.  Only POTN in 2011 put up a higher score in a finals than either of the two teams this year. I basically had a dream week where just about every single player I was counting on, including fill-ins during the playoffs like Foles, McGuire and J. Williams all coming up big in the finals. Went from being a cursed season injury/suspension wise to a blessed one in the playoffs.

And turned out I needed every last point as WJ came storming back from a 70 point deficit. And was one play away from taking the title on the strength of his own fill in guys - CJ Anderson and Damien Williams along with building an incredibly loaded team to begin with. About as tense and surreal of a finals as I've experienced. Still kinda can't believe I won. I've had way better teams in this league, that have gone against way lesser opponents than WJ's team this year, that have come up short. The vagaries of FFL...

Experts 2019

Anyway, based on the FFL thread, looks like we have precisely 3 qualified individuals to join Experts based on having won leagues and not being in Experts currently, and we have 3 open spots as Mudguard, Week and Bronn were not able to save their spots in other leagues (though Bronn came very close). The 3 qualifiers are:

@J.J. Lannister winner of W-B
@fuentez1138 winner of W-A, Survivor
@RaceBannon42 winner of Dynasty, Keeper

All 3 are eminently deserving and all 3 have previous stints in Experts. Hell Race even won the inaugural Experts season 11 years ago. If each of you could weigh in and let us know if you intend to join Experts next year, you have a spot waiting for you.

21 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Finals Recap

This ended up the highest scoring title game in Experts history and the closest one too -194.40-191.76.  Only POTN in 2011 put up a higher score in a finals than either of the two teams this year. I basically had a dream week where just about every single player I was counting on, including fill-ins during the playoffs like Foles, McGuire and J. Williams all coming up big in the finals. Went from being a cursed season injury/suspension wise to a blessed one in the playoffs.

And turned out I needed every last point as WJ came storming back from a 70 point deficit. And was one play away from taking the title on the strength of his own fill in guys - CJ Anderson and Damien Williams along with building an incredibly loaded team to begin with. About as tense and surreal of a finals as I've experienced. Still kinda can't believe I won. I've had way better teams in this league, that have gone against way lesser opponents than WJ's team this year, that have come up short. The vagaries of FFL...

Experts 2019

Anyway, based on the FFL thread, looks like we have precisely 3 qualified individuals to join Experts based on having won leagues and not being in Experts currently, and we have 3 open spots as Mudguard, Week and Bronn were not able to save their spots in other leagues (though Bronn came very close). The 3 qualifiers are:

@J.J. Lannister winner of W-B
@fuentez1138 winner of W-A, Survivor
@RaceBannon42 winner of Dynasty, Keeper

All 3 are eminently deserving and all 3 have previous stints in Experts. Hell Race even won the inaugural Experts season 11 years ago. If each of you could weigh in and let us know if you intend to join Experts next year, you have a spot waiting for you.

J.J. has just been out of Experts too long. I think it would be too difficult to get him up to speed, you know. He just hasn't been practicing and getting those trade reps. So we think it's best to look in-house on this one. We have a couple of guys on our roster who we think can lead this Fantasy Franchise.

16 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

J.J. has just been out of Experts too long. I think it would be too difficult to get him up to speed, you know. He just hasn't been practicing and getting those trade reps. So we think it's best to look in-house on this one. We have a couple of guys on our roster who we think can lead this Fantasy Franchise.

I get what you're saying. Tywin knows the system and you feel confident we can get at least a Mark Sanchez performance out of him. 

28 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Ahhhh! We've got a couple of comedians up in here. I get Jaxomed and I get right back in. I'm back and i'm never leaving. 

35 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I get what you're saying. Tywin knows the system and you feel confident we can get at least a Mark Sanchez performance out of him. 

Exactly! Any dispassionate observer can see that it would just be counterproductive to bring in a divisive figure like J.J. when the comforting embrace of dreadful mediocrity is available.

Archived