Westeros Experts League 2018

Week

Pinged a couple times, and tried PMing Race a couple days ago but still luck. @Mya Stone, feel like you're the best bet to maybe have some other means to reach out to him? If anyone else is in contact with him, let me know.

Can give him, at most, another week (til the 20th) to express his intent to play in Experts this year otherwise going to have to open that spot back up and look at contingency options of who is next most qualified to fill this league. 

Hey sorry, yeah I'm in. Work firewall blocks westeros so I don't really get on her often.

My email is steve dot spaulding at gmail dot com and I'll dm you my number as well.

Apologies for not checking in sooner

On 8/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, Jaime L said:

Looks like everyone except @RaceBannon42 has posted. 9 out of 10 is a solid start. Want to start considering draft dates.

Let me know if any of the following don't work for you:

Sunday August 25th
Monday August 26th
Tuesday August 27th
Sunday September 1st
Monday September 2nd
Tuesday September 3rd
Wednesday September 4th

Those should all be doable for me

4 hours ago, RaceBannon42 said:

Hey sorry, yeah I'm in. Work firewall blocks westeros so I don't really get on her often.

My email is steve dot spaulding at gmail dot com and I'll dm you my number as well.

Apologies for not checking in sooner

Ok, awesome. We have a full league. 

I have Race's email so will send the league invite on. Think I just need one from @fuentez1138 and @JJ Lannister to send out invites as new Experts entrants. Feel free to PM your email to me. 

Ok, thus far only Dracarys has listed draft dates that don't work for him. Assuming the remaining ones are fine for everyone?

Based on that assumption I propose a Wednesday, September 4th 8:30 EST/5:30 PST draft. If that doesn't work for anyone, let me know sooner rather than later. Will set that up in the system once we have 10 teams in Yahoo. 

56 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Based on that assumption I propose a Wednesday, September 4th 8:30 EST/5:30 PST draft. If that doesn't work for anyone, let me know sooner rather than later. Will set that up in the system once we have 10 teams in Yahoo. 

Works for me!

3 hours ago, RaceBannon42 said:

So I just had  drafts get scheduled for the 4th and the 25th. I can dual device if needed though

Looks like the only possible day still left is Tuesday August 27th factoring in days that don't work for people and other Westeros FFL drafts I'm aware of. Does the 27th work for everyone?

If not, think we'll need to stick with the 4th and Race may have to dual device (which I know is not easy). 

So Yahoo says 5:30 MST on my screen. Is that going to be 4:30 Pacific?

I leave work at 5 and dont get home to 5:30pm Pacific time. So it is going to be close if it is 5:30 pacific and way late if it is 4:30 pacific.

Maybe my timezone stuff is messed up because I just moved.

1 hour ago, fuentez1138 said:

So Yahoo says 5:30 MST on my screen. Is that going to be 4:30 Pacific?

I leave work at 5 and dont get home to 5:30pm Pacific time. So it is going to be close if it is 5:30 pacific and way late if it is 4:30 pacific.

Maybe my timezone stuff is messed up because I just moved.

This one is set for 7:30 central, so 6:30 MST and 5:30 Pacific.

Might be worth it for Jaime to move it back a bit.

QB: Brady, Wilson (Jimmy-G, Dak)

WR: R.Woods, T.Boyd, S.Shepard, C.Samuel (J.Gordon, C.Sutton, AJ Green)

RB: D.Williams, M.Ingram, P.Lindsay (S.Michel, M.Breida)

TE: E.Engran, D.Njoku (Hockenson)

DST: Chi, Bal (NE, Hou)

The team is more balanced than the team I drafted yesterday in Westeros A. Thinnest at WR and it could be bad depending on what happens with Green and Gordon.

QB- Rodgers, Carr (Dalton, Manning, Brissett, Keenum)

RB- Freeman, Carson, Johnson Jr. (Ballage, R. Jones, I. Smith, CJ Anderson)

WR- Adams, Cooper, Lockett, Sanders (Z. Jones, Crowder)

TE- Kelce, Cook

DEF- NYJ, ATL

K- Maher

I like this team other than my QB2. I was able to get most of the players I targeted. I was upping the bid on Freeman and ended up getting him and his handcuff. I missed out on the QB2 I wanted because of it, so I drafted a plethora hoping one emerges as a viable starter. 

QB - B.Roethlisberger, K.Murray (M.Trubisky)
RB - J.Conner, A.Jones, P.Barber (D.Thompson, A.Mattison, C.Edmonds, D.Ogunbowale)
WR - O.Beckham, T.Hill, C.Godwin, D.Moncrief (M.Boykin, D.Samuel, A.Humphries, K.Johnson)
TE - H.Henry, D.Waller (C.Herndon)
K - K.Fairbairn
DEF - Kansas City, Oakland

I like a lot of my players.  Content with QB, happy with RB1 and RB2, very happy at WR and TE.  Depth sucks.  But the real issue is RB3.  If I'd known I was getting Kyler for $5 late, I'd have never thrown a desperation $6 bid on Trubisky earlier, and that cost me any chance of a viable RB. 

I hate the idea of starting Barber, so I'm open to deal.

This draft was way harder than W-A.  Not even close.

QB - M.Ryan, P.Rivers (J.Allen)
RB - D.Johnson, D.Cook, T.Coleman (K.Drake, J.Williams, L.Murray, K.Hunt, T.Pollard, M.Brown)
WR - M.Evans, A.Thielen, C.Kupp, G.Allison (M.Gallup, M.Sanu, T.Smith)
TE - J.Graham, N.Fant
K - S.Gostkowski
DEF - Cleveland, Pittsburgh

I feel best about my RB's and worst about my TE's.

Didn't get some of the top tier guys I wanted, but wanted to save a little more for the backups this time around

Archived