Westeros Experts League 2018

Week

QB: Stafford, Newton (Winston, Mariota)

WR: Jarvis Landry, Stephon Diggs, Allen Robison 2, Calvin Ridley (Larry Fitz, DeShaun Jackson, Sammy Watkins, Devin Funchess)

RBs: Leonard Fournette, Le'veon Bell, Derrius Guice, (Tarik Cohen, Shady McCoy, Rashard Penny)

TEs: Greg Little, O.J. Howard

DEF: Denver, New Orleans

Kicker: Greg Zurlein

Ruh Roh. I... did not draft well. My strategy allowed me to salvage what could be the equivalent of a 7-9 roster by dint of holding my money and was able to insist on some 2nd tier players later on. 

Yikes! I'm open to trading, I would like a star WR. 

Feel terrible for @Mya_Stone. Been a long timer in Experts and had a ton of success in this league over the years. Going to be a huge uphill fight to stick with a just nightmarish autodraft. That said got a couple elite RBs and if she makes the right trades think she can still build a competitive roster. 

QB - P. Mahomes, D. Watson (R. Fitzmagic, D. Jones)
RB - T. Gurley, M. Gordon, D. Henry (A. Ekeler, D. Henderson, R. Freeman, J. Jackson, D. Lewis) 
WR - K. Allen, J. Edelman, R. Anderson, D. Moore (W. Fuller, C. Kirk)
TE - V. McDonald, A. Hooper (J. Doyle)
K - W. Lutz
D - Buffalo, GB

Overall pretty happy with this team. Excited to be able to pull off the elite QB strategy in at least one league this year and not at too exorbitant prices. Coming into this season was convinced I'd stay away from Gordon/Gurley due to their ridiculous risk and uncertainty but when the drafts started found I couldn't resist. Least was able to get the handcuffs here. 

Think this team has a high ceiling but the injury potential will have me nervous all year. 

15 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

This draft was way harder than W-A.  Not even close.

You completely dominated that one.  QB went so crazy, but you grabbed yours early and watched carnage on a scale I haven't seen at the position ever.

On 8/28/2019 at 2:59 PM, Bronn Stone said:

You completely dominated that one.  QB went so crazy, but you grabbed yours early and watched carnage on a scale I haven't seen at the position ever.

Thanks man.  That definitely ended up being my favorite team I drafted this year.

Agreed to a trade with Dunk.

I get Tevin Coleman and Tre'Quan Smith
Dunk gets Peyton Barber and Donte Moncrief

Hate losing Moncrief, as I really like his upside this year.  But I needed an upgrade at RB3.  Worried that Tevin is splitting 50/50 with Breida - but hoping that 50/50 is better than whatever happens in Tampa.

I don't know.  Not super confident in this deal, and Dunk negotiated a tough bargain.  But honestly I couldn't get responses from the other people I was trying to talk with (Dracarys was busy and Mya is MIA), and felt like I needed to do something before the season started.

21 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

I don't know.  Not super confident in this deal, and Dunk negotiated a tough bargain.

I wouldn’t call 12 offers/counteroffers a tough negotiation.

Wow. So, I checked in and thought the draft was set for September 4. I had it in my calendar ready to go. 

I am not one to pull the pity me card, but for those who don’t know, I was diagnosed with MS in May, and have been out of work while I get it under control. At any rate, with two super active boys and back to school, sports, and my own doctors appointments, I didn’t check back in. That’s on me. But I have to say...I’m actually shocked that not one of the three people I’m close to on FB thought to message me, knowing I don’t come to the board often. 

At any rate, Barkley and Zeke are both on the market for the right price. I need QBs. Badly. 

There's a pending trade that I feel like I need to leave hanging out there for a bit as it's looks incredibly one-sided.

Mole Town Septas receive - Ezekiel Elliot, Dwayne Haskins, Jax D
Eyrie Mavericks receive - Philip Rivers, Jamaal Williams, Pitt D

Based on draft values Eyrie is giving up $58 of draft value for $15. Granted Zeke was an autodraft related overpay but he's still worth around $40 in pretty much every league I've seen. I'm struggling to justify this one. Think this one I have to put up to a league vote as a potential trade to veto. 

Does anyone want to weigh in on this deal, either those involved or anyone else? 

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

There's a pending trade that I feel like I need to leave hanging out there for a bit as it's looks incredibly one-sided.

Mole Town Septas receive - Ezekiel Elliot, Dwayne Haskins, Jax D
Eyrie Mavericks receive - Philip Rivers, Jamaal Williams, Pitt D

I can’t speak for Mya, but she told everyone that Barkley and Zeke were on the trading block so I made an offer that I felt could at least get her back on the road to being competitive.

Yahoo evaluates this deal at a plus 25.8 for the year for Mole’s Town but a plus 196.07 for Eyrie.  So from a competitive standpoint in the league, she got a way better deal than me....almost 8 times more projected points.

None of her three QB’s are either starting nor guaranteed to play this season so I gave her a reliable, mid-range QB from a team that will throw the ball more than normal due to the Gordon holdout.

I on the other hand have received two players who are not starting and not guaranteed to either. I needed Pollard’s handcuff as well.

I’m sure if Mya, whose historical record reflects her prowess, felt she had a better offer she would have taken it.  

I feel like I’m taking more risk and it is entirely possible it will blow up in my face.

Nah.  Sorry but I'm not okay with that trade.

I'm not normally into telling other people what to do in deals.  But this is kind of league breaking.  A low end QB2 + a backup RB for a top 5 player isn't cool.  I get that you might not want to give up Cook/DJ/Evans, but how is Thielen or even Kupp not involved as a second piece?

As it stands, its a veto for me.  Might be the first or second time I've ever said that.

(Full disclosure - I've offered her trades as well.  But that's not related to my position here.)

I'm voting veto as well. I generally give wide latitude for people to do what they think is best for their team...but I don't see any way this deal can be objectively justified. And it warps the competitive balance in the league. 

As we have 4 voting veto, need one more to reject the trade (i.e.: 5 of the 8 parties not involved with the deal vote to veto) 

13 hours ago, Dunknegg said:

Yahoo evaluates this deal at a plus 25.8 for the year for Mole’s Town but a plus 196.07 for Eyrie.  So from a competitive standpoint in the league, she got a way better deal than me....almost 8 times more projected points..

I mean of course. She doesn't have any starting QBs currently. Any deal she makes for a QB will be a huge boon to her projected points. It doesn't mean she got anything approaching value for Zeke. 

If you'd offered just one other starter, I'd probably have let it go. At least she'd be getting some depth in addition to a starting QB but this is a bridge too far. Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered. 

Meh. Sorry, I was MIA this weekend. Not 100% at the moment. 

I’m fine either way, guys. I’ll be looking at trade offers tomorrow after my doctor’s appointment. 

If you want one of the two RBs I guess I need two solid starters, if not 3-4 in return. I’m really looking for two solid QBs. 

First of all, I’ll abide by whatever the league decides too. 

It is a shame that one is presumed to be competent enough to make decisions on their own unless their opinion is vastly different than “your” own...meaning “your” collectively, not you specifically Jaime.

If you disagree with this agreed upon trade going through, what this tells me is that if “you” think that it is an unfair trade that a) you were either too lazy to make a better offer or make sure you communicated that offer to ensure receipt, b) don’t care enough about the league to stay abreast of what’s going on at this time of year no less, and/or worse c) you” don’t believe Mya and I (and everyone else here including yourself) is intelligent enough to compare offers, make an intelligent decision on our own, select “decline”, select “counter”, respond with a “let me think about it” or completely ignore it which would not be proper etiquette in my opinion. There is no other reason. That should fall squarely on your shoulders, not either of us. Just because “you” think you are smarter than everyone else doesn’t make it so. Allow those things to sink in before responding.

I get crappy offers that are very one-sided all the time, but I don’t call the person out publicly like at least one person here has done to me nor do I make decisions that I believe will hurt my team.  This offer has been with Mya for several days so it is not her fault she didn’t get a better offer and she, after considering her many options decided to accept an offer that others would not have.  We might as well turn over her ownership to the league committee so everyone will feel good about themselves.  

Does this mean I should to complain every time I think a trade is grossly unequal in my opinion?  

I hope that is not the desire of the league because I don’t agree with most of the trades that occur either here or in other leagues but you don’t hear me complain because while I have a right to disagree with ANY transaction by ANY team, I agree to defer to their own judgement to make adult decisions and not try to babysit everyone.  I guarantee you that this year in this league, some of you will offer and/or consummate trades that appear to be extremely unfair, but due to the circumstances, they will be allowed. Week 1 counts as much or more than does Week 12. It just it appears to count more at the end because teams are scrambling. but had a team performed better at the outset, they wouldn’t be desperate enough to make what appears to most as an unfair trade and not a person says a word. If you don’t believe me, just wait and see or better yet go back and see past years.

But like I said earlier, if you think you know better than I do what is best for MY team, don’t expect others to treat you with the same amount of respect you believe you have earned by being here.

Im sorry you are being shown so little respect Mya.

A.  While I'm not wild about the trade, I vote to let it go through.  I've got mya's back

B.  I don't get the outrage.  It seems in line with 75% of the trades @Whiskey Jack has offered me over the years. (always be on the side with the best player!)

C.  @Mya Stone if it gets over turned by the evil empire, buzz me and lets chat.

Dunk - nobody doubts that you know whats best for your team in this situation.  Trading Rivers for Zeke would be a massive win for you.

And yeah, Mya did get other offers, as indicated by the posts here.  People aren't being lazy or failing to stay up to date with the league. 

The issue is that the trade of Rivers for Zeke is so bad that it is league breaking.  I say this as somebody who feels that owners should be allowed to make their own decisions in almost every situation.  I don't care if a trade is unbalanced and one person wins, not even if that person wins by a lot.  But this is way over the top.  I suspect you know that.

Archived