Westeros Experts League 2018

Week

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

I don't think it's Jace, but it bears pointing out she would've won if Kelce didn't get shoved out of bounds on a would be TD catch late in the game.

Same result for me in Keeper.  That would have given me a little more than a half point victory in a week when victories were in short supply.

Trade between Jace and I.  Jace gets Flacco, and I get James White.  Jace needed a QB for at least this week and week 9, and Flacco has been playing well during the first four games of the season.  Jace now has three starters at QB, which fills in the biggest hole on her roster.

I would have preferred to try and unload Sam Darnold and keep Flacco, but because of how my QB bye weeks worked out, I needed to keep Darnold over Flacco.  That said, I probably wouldn't have been able to get much of anything for Darnold given his poor play. 

I've been trying to find another reliable RB, so I'm hoping White can keep up his hot start to the season.  I'm expecting some regression, so I'd be happy if he can average 10pts per week for the remainder of the season.

Week 5 Power Rankings

1) Mya - 32-13
2) WJ - 31-14 

3) Jace - 29-16
4) Mudguard - 23-22

5) Lord Dracarys - 22-23
6) Jaime - 21-24
7) Week - 20-25

8) Dunknegg - 17-28
9) BL - 16-29

10) Bronn - 14-31

Game of the week was clearly Dunk vs. BL. The projected winner probably flipped 3-4 times on MNF. BL ultimately took it by 1.1 points because Ingram improbably outscored Michael Thomas + Chris Thompson by roughly 6 points. Very tough loss for Dunk. 

As WJ noted, BL has pulled out the last two weeks by the skin of his teeth. Largest win on the season for him as been 7.96 points. Literally no wasted points scored by the Melted Men. Kinda an amazing season. 

Also we now have 6 3-2 teams. Nearly had 7 had BL lost. Not sure anyone is breathing easy. Even the teams going strong as of late I'm sure feel like they're only a bad week away from reading "don't kill myself" books. 

23 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I need 8 points. I've got Alfred Morris and the Packers defense against nobody.

A TD from the former and pick by the latter would do it.

It's pretty hard to imagine the 49ers lighting up the Packers without Morris at least getting 50 yards total from scrimmage even without a TD.  The more likely scenario is that you get  more than half your 8 from the D and Morris is just icing.  The site has you 85-15 and that seems about right to me.

33 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

It's pretty hard to imagine the 49ers lighting up the Packers without Morris at least getting 50 yards total from scrimmage even without a TD.  The more likely scenario is that you get  more than half your 8 from the D and Morris is just icing.  The site has you 85-15 and that seems about right to me.

Good luck, lovely.

11 minutes ago, Week said:

Another rough week -- sub-1pt loss for Jace and I lost putting up the 3rd highest score. Alas. So it goes.

If Alfred Morris' only touch of the night, an 8 yard run, hadn't been called back for holding I would have won.

13 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Feel like there are more close losses and high scoring losses this year than any other recent season. 

Might be wrong.

Just feels like every week has 1-2 brutal losses.

This is why you lift all them weights.

The thing that has perplexed me this year is that I did not anticipate that second and third tier RB who had good situations and in theory no competition would somehow still manage to turn nobodies into competitors (See Morris, Alfred, Howard, Jordan and Miller, Lamar).

As Blue Ray commented elsewhere, scoring is up insanely.  This week I scored 150 - which by the historical Experts narrative should put me in the middle of the pack with a fair-to-middlin' chance of getting a win.  I think my Power Ranking will end up 2-7.

Of course, it is never a good thing when your 2 defenses and 1 kicker outscore your 3 RB and 4 WR combined - plus you can add in either of my TE and you still don't surpass what I scored by my three "throwaway" slots.

Week 6 Power Rankings 

1) WJ - 39-15
2) Mya - 38-16

3) Jace - 33-21
4) Jaime - 30-24
5) Week - 27-27
6) Lord Dracarys - 25-29
7) Mudguard - 23-31

8) Dunknegg - 22-32
9) BL - 17-37

10) Bronn - 16-38

This week was shaping up to be the first without any drama going into MNF. I had already penciled all the winners but then AlfMo surprisingly only getting 1 carry that didn't even count and GB D doing little allowed Dunk to pull out a super improbable win over Jace. Every single Monday night is drama central in this league.

9 of the 10 teams are also between 4-2 and 2-4. Predicting the playoffs is virtually impossible at this point and knowing this league, it won't be clear until the final moments of week 13. 

.500! Rodgers, Boyd, and some stellar defensive efforts are pulling the Tantivy out of a nose-dive.

May be looking for a TE this week, but pickings a pretty slim during bye-weeks.

Archived