Westeros Experts League 2018

Week

2 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Of course I thought I won the trade.  I wouldn't have made it otherwise.  I suspect Jace feels the same from her side.

Fremdschämen. 

Good luck to the rest of the league. Peace. 

Going to start by saying that the amount I care about this is really, really low. 

My only thing is, lets all be honest about where we stand.

Bronn - congrats on the deal.  Its a good one.  I have no objection.  But c'mon man.  If I did this deal 5 years ago, you'd call for a veto.  If I made this deal today, you'd make a snarky comment and call me an insulting name.  That's just reality. 

Personally, I am definitely on the side that an informed owner should be able to run their own team.  If Jace wants Engram, Morris, Winston instead of Gronk, and she likes this trade more than any of the other options out there, then no problem. 

And again, zero problem with Bronn improving his team like this.  Its a smart move.

But people should at least be honest.  If you're going to defend this deal with 8+5+6 +3 = 22, which is close to 25 + 1 + 1 = 27, and therefore its a fair deal......then please don't turn around and complain every time somebody else does a similar trade. 

Also, as a side note - auction values don't always reflect actual value.  

In this league, because I was able to be the big stack at the end of the draft, my last $20 got me something like $50+ in value.  You can maybe argue it was $40 or $60 or whatever, but bottom line is that it definitely wasn't $20.  Every auction is different, people make irrational decisions (100% including myself here), and the numbers we end up with are in many cases meaningless.  Not in every case, but in many.

Otherwise,  you wouldn't have situations where Chris Hogan goes for $20 in W-A, $14 in Experts, and $9 in W-C.  Or Emmanuel Sanders goes for $12 in W-A, $10 in W-C, and $2 in Experts.  And there are tons of other examples.

46 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Of course I thought I won the trade.  I wouldn't have made it otherwise.  I suspect Jace feels the same from her side.

I don't think I won anything. I think I got a couple of players I'm real high on in return for a dude who I never wanted in the first place. I also got a rapist.

I have no idea why people are up in arms about this. IT WAS MY IDEA.

If you're upset you didn't get Gronk then you shouldn't have made such piss poor offers/ @Week refused to do business altogether.

I wanted these players. I value them enough to be worth Gronk. This is fucking Experts, I have proven (twice) that I can manage a goddamn FF team to get here. Second guess me all you want, but the idea of a veto is insulting in a way that is grossly out of line.

1 hour ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Bronn - congrats on the deal.  Its a good one.  I have no objection.  But c'mon man.  If I did this deal 5 years ago, you'd call for a veto.  If I made this deal today, you'd make a snarky comment and call me an insulting name.  That's just reality. 

But people should at least be honest.  If you're going to defend this deal with 8+5+6 +3 = 22, which is close to 25 + 1 + 1 = 27, and therefore its a fair deal......then please don't turn around and complain every time somebody else does a similar trade. 

Deal.  I'd say I never have.  You dismiss the numbers but I NEVER have and they are and were the core of my argument all along.  I went apesh** when the accepted deal was more like 2+2+1+1 versus 17+5+3+3 (ie your offer for JuJu).

There isn't one $1 or $2 player on your roster I'd trade Trubisky ($5) for.  Jamaal Williams is closest.

49 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

You're the one who kicked up dust and tossed around passive aggressive german.

Whatever you say sunshine. Good luck. 

14 hours ago, Week said:

Beautiful. Charming. QED. Fremdschämen. 

Anyways, hi Ty! 

JOIN PICK'EM, COWARD!

13 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Ok, if I'm being the bitch here someone please tell me and I will apologize.

YOU TOO.

And no, you're not. Just putting some stank on those posts.

45 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

JOIN PICK'EM, COWARD!

Pick'em is for mouth-breathers. :kiss: :kiss:

14 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Ok, if I'm being the bitch here someone please tell me and I will apologize.

Apologies not necessary or forthcoming -- nothing like a dust-up to get the blood flowing at the start of the year because holy shit is this thread desiccated. @Jaime L I blame you!

Congrats to @Dunknegg for actually getting some serious value after that horrific game.

28 minutes ago, Week said:

Pick'em is for mouth-breathers. :kiss: :kiss:

Apologies not necessary or forthcoming -- nothing like a dust-up to get the blood flowing at the start of the year because holy shit is this thread desiccated. @Jaime L I blame you!

Congrats to @Dunknegg for actually getting some serious value after that horrific game.

You know if anyone has a right to be angry, it's me. I somehow have both of those shit sandwich QBs we saw last night in this league. Took one night for me to be #1 on the Jaxoming block. This is exactly how I started last season. And I blame @Week for all of it. 

Also I'm glad to see someone is stirring shit in this thread even if your constant use of Fremdschämen makes you sound like a Fourth Reich Michael Avenatti :P. Pretty sure I've had something like half the posts in the Experts threads the last two years. I try to lead my fellow Experts to water but I can't make you guys drink. And what's sad is @SpaceForce Tywin et al. is probably like 3rd in posts in this thread over that time and he shouldn't even be allowed to post here until he wins a damn league.

But I realize my mistake was not kicking the hornet's nest, Week style. Noted and filed away :commie:

29 minutes ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

Clearly it’s not for people whose name rhymes with meek and Reek….

You're some sort of big, fat, smart-bug, aren't you?

#RicosRoughnecks

15 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

You know if anyone has a right to be angry, it's me. I somehow have both of those shit sandwich QBs we saw last night in this league. Took one night for me to be #1 on the Jaxoming block. This is exactly how I started last season. And I blame @Week for all of it.

I think we're all looking forward to the week 5 trade where, finally fed up with the injury, you send Carson Wentz + Nick Foles back to Week in exchange for Marcus Mariota. 

Week proclaims that Wentz is ready to make his triumphant return to the Brax Tantivy, and to be a star again........only to fall into a tailspin when broken-down Carson ends up being a shell of his former self.

Meanwhile, after a month of acclimating to the new offense in Tennessee, Mariota finally puts it all together and takes his place as a top 5 QB.

2 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

I think we're all looking forward to the week 5 trade where, finally fed up with the injury, you send Carson Wentz + Nick Foles back to Week in exchange for Marcus Mariota. 

Week proclaims that Wentz is ready to make his triumphant return to the Brax Tantivy, and to be a star again........only to fall into a tailspin when broken-down Carson ends up being a shell of his former self.

Meanwhile, after a month of acclimating to the new offense in Tennessee, Mariota finally puts it all together and takes his place as a top 5 QB.

Yessss, this. 

1 minute ago, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

@Jaime L

Hey man, someone has to bring the sex appeal to this thread.

Yeah, you know I kid. And it's good to have an actual summa cum laude in our midst. 

Archived