Westeros Experts League 2018

Week

52 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Yeah, you know I kid. And it's good to have an actual summa cum laude in our midst. 

That’s Summa Cum Laude with High Distinction to you, Mr. Accountant who sometimes can’t do basic math!

I never, ever log onto the board. But I definitely would have traded one of my three starting QBs and a TE for Gronk. Ah well. 

If anyone needs me ASAP, please FB me. If we aren’t FB friends, message @Bronn Stone to get ahold of me on there. :/ 

I’ll try to be better about checking here frequently. 

On 9/8/2018 at 7:58 PM, Week said:

And what do you think it's for? Probably sharing smut. Like inappropriate pictures of @Mexal

I’m pretty sure there are no pictures other than inappropriate pictures of @Mexal. I’m willing to bet there’s definitely one or two of him wearing a ginger wig with a Dalton jersey. 

8 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

So am I the only person in the world who gets to lose to Ryan Fitzpatrick's 50 points this week?

Feel like he wasn't even started in most 2 QB leagues.

Although Fitzpatrick’s 50 IS absurd, it’s not quite the end. Realistically, Gurley could still score 28-30. I wouldn’t count yourself out just yet.

13 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

Although Fitzpatrick’s 50 IS absurd, it’s not quite the end. Realistically, Gurley could still score 28-30. I wouldn’t count yourself out just yet.

This is true. I wish the Raiders still had Mack.

11 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

So am I the only person in the world who gets to lose to Ryan Fitzpatrick's 50 points this week?

Feel like he wasn't even started in most 2 QB leagues.

Think of the poor guy out there somewhere who lost to Will Dissly's mom...

Week 1 Power Rankings:

1) Mya - 9-0
2) Bronn - 8-1
3) Dunknegg - 7-2
4) Jace - 6-3
5) WJ - 5-4
6) Lord Dracarys - 4-5
7) Week - 3-6
8) BL - 2-7
9) Mudguard - 1-8
10) Jaime - 0-9

Bizarre, very high scoring week 1. Not sure if there's ever been a week where 3 teams reached 190+. BL/Mudguard had a barn burner that came down to the final Rams pick-six for BL to pull it out. 

Mya basically doubled my score this week and hurt my feelings in the process. WJ ran into the 50 point Ryan Fitzmagic buzzsaw we all saw coming and got edged out. Though Week may have had the most nightmarish opening week of anyone with injuries to both QBs. 

No idea what any of this means for week 2. 

55 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Bizarre, very high scoring week 1. Not sure if there's ever been a week where 3 teams reached 190+. BL/Mudguard had a barn burner that came down to the final Rams pick-six for BL to pull it out. 

No idea what any of this means for week 2. 

not to be pedantic, but I had a 0.1 lead before the pick six.  He had Lynch and I had Cooper and the def.  as tired as I was I did little more than a weak "yes" at the pick.  I was just rooting for a sack.

1 minute ago, boiled leather said:

not to be pedantic, but I had a 0.1 lead before the pick six.  He had Lynch and I had Cooper and the def.  as tired as I was I did little more than a weak "yes" at the pick.  I was just rooting for a sack.

Oh, believe me, I actually was following that real time in the moment. I was actively wondering how Mudguard would get that 1 yard he needed. Lynch wasn't going to get any more carries and Woods was one of like 6 options on any Rams play which made that a longshot too. Felt his best bet was the Raiders somehow scoring and hurting the Rams D for you.

At least the pick six made it a clean win instead of leaving Mudguard haunted by all the "what ifs" of a 0.1 loss.

On 9/8/2018 at 11:16 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

@Lord Dracarys

Clean out your inbox!

It's cleaned out now.

Rough week in the league. Wasn't expecting to see so many teams scoring 190+ pts and wasn't going into the weekend feeling super confident after Ajayi and Jones exploded on Thursday. Also wasn't expecting two my RBs to fall all over one another.

WJ and I made a deal, after much haggling.

Philly D for Rashaad Penny.  A top D for WJ and completing the SEA backfield for me.  Carson had me a bit nervous and my RB3 situation isn't strong if he loses touches to Penny.

I had thought before the draft that Penny was further away than he seemed to be on Sunday afternoon.

Don't love giving up a RB with Penny's upside, but ultimately felt it made sense.  Had him as a $2 player going into the draft, got him for $1.  Can live with that price for a really good defense that should upgrade my lineup.  Just hoping he doesn't blow up.

(this will be the post somebody quotes down the line, when Carson gets hurt and Penny takes over)

Archived