NFL 2017-18 Playoffs: circling the wagons

DanteGabriel

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Very well written post, Rock. I just wanted to isolate this line for one reason. Don't you think there's a good chance that BB wants to prove that he's the reason they won, not Brady or Kraft? What better way to do this than going and winning an Owl with another team?

Absolutely.  And if that were the only factor I would wholeheartedly agree with you.

But Bill is 65 years old ( he will be 66 by the start of the next season).  He has stated that he does not want to keep coaching as long as Marv Levy (Levy was 72 when he retired from coaching).  Would Belichick (who is still under contract) leave the team to start a career at another team?  Start all over with players he did not know?  A coaching staff he would need to get from scratch and an owner who would, almost certainly, be more bossy than Kraft?  To say nothing of going into exactly what Belichcik does not want- an uncertain QB situation (there is no place he would land where the QB situation is clear).  

I think BB wanted to win here with Jimmy G; I think the Pats botched that situation at the start of this season by failing to trade Jimmy G because Bill wanted to have him in case Brady slipped and Brady did not want him there in case Brady slipped.  And Kraft had to be the decider and he decided,  Had the Pats traded Jimmy G at the start of the season they would have had a first round pick, maybe another pick thrown in.  Instead, they got no players and a 2nd which was not good value.  So THAT was BB's best chance to win beyond Brady.  That ship has sailed and with it any chance of winning without Brady.

So if he wants to win he has to stay here.  And sulk. 

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

Revelation:  If Cleveland takes Darnold both orange teams from Ohio will have orange QB's.  

Jace has it on good authority that Cleveland is looking at trading the #1 pick and the #4 pick to move to #2 so that they can be sure they get their man.

Just now, Nictarion said:

Chiefs over Titans

Rams over Falcons

Jags over Bills

Saints over Panthers 

Was just about to post this set of picks. Ditto.

23 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Very well written post, Rock. I just wanted to isolate this line for one reason. Don't you think there's a good chance that BB wants to prove that he's the reason they won, not Brady or Kraft? What better way to do this than going and winning an Owl with another team?

If he really wants to prove it was all him, he needs to go to the Browns and turn them into a winning team.  He does that and it's fucking checkmate. 

Archived