NFL 2017-18 Playoffs: circling the wagons

DanteGabriel

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

That does seem to maybe be it thought for this KC unit.  Maybe you turn it over to Mahomes and a new coach now in spite of a nice little five year era that Smith/Reid has put together.  It's just been the same story of so little post-season success to show for regular season very goodness year after year.

Not that this is that surprising, but because I can't resist piling on Jeff Fisher some more, I think I heard that the Rams literally went from last to first in points per game in the NFL last year to this year, so there's that in addition to how nice of a season Case Keenum had.

This has been the pattern in KC long before Andy Reid. In 2003 they got bounced by Manning's Colts, with Dick Vermeil. In 2006, under Herm Edwards, they wasted 3 picks of Manning by the defense (2 by Ty Law) and lost miserably.  In 2010 under Todd Haley they lost to the Ravens. I've long gotten used to watching the Chiefs fail to beat teams I wanted them to beat, but this is great -- I was legit afraid of them going to Foxboro again because I still don't think the Pats know how to cover  running backs.

10 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

This has been the pattern in KC long before Andy Reid. In 2003 they got bounced by Manning's Colts, with Dick Vermeil. In 2006, under Herm Edwards, they wasted 3 picks of Manning by the defense (2 by Ty Law) and lost miserably.  In 2010 under Todd Haley they lost to the Ravens. I've long gotten used to watching the Chiefs fail to beat teams I wanted them to beat, but this is great -- I was legit afraid of them going to Foxboro again because I still don't think the Pats know how to cover  running backs.

Don't talk to me about Ty Law.

I don't want to hear about Ty Law.

Is Ty Law and his black hole hands in the Hall of Fame? He should be.

6 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Oh, that Matt Ryan floater to Julio Jones was a thing of twisted beauty.

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Don't talk to me about Ty Law.

I don't want to hear about Ty Law.

Is Ty Law and his black hole hands in the Hall of Fame? He should be.

I still wear his jersey. Great name to have on one's back. He definitely should be in the Hall.

Oh, Sammy Watkins, don't whine for a flag, you're a grown man and you have to catch that ball.

I kind of knew that the Rams would underperform, but I didn't want to believe it. I have Todd Gurley on my NFL playoff challenge team... there goes my totally-impossible-to-win pair of superbowl tickets... :'(

Archived