NFL 2017-18 Playoffs: circling the wagons

DanteGabriel

3 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Translation: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least, that's how some will look at it.

Yeah, I know. Let's litigate the stirring Divisional Round that is NE against Tennessee!!!! The worst playoff team in living memory.

And don't forget that Steelers hosting of the Jags everybody knows is just going to be unwatchable.

No, we don't need to talk about the best offense in football going into the house of the best defense in football! We don't need to talk about an undersized, scrappy, kinda ad hoc playmaker who throws a weirdly attractive deep ball to WR's who just chew up yardage at a prodigious rate.

Oh, and Drew Brees is in this game too with the best RB tandem I've ever seen in my fucking life (last week notwithstanding). Saints and Vikings, Payton and Zimmer. This shit is the game of the week and we're acting like we don't already know that NE is going to dickstomp the Pittsbrughs in 10 days while the NFC (which has been a superior conference for 20 years) languishes in media hell.

The Falcons! Fuck the Falcons and they'll beat the Eagles, but I'll give you the Falcons. They scrapped their way back into the playoffs after the biggest Super Bowl disaster of all time and took care of business against a flat L.A. team and now they get a free Nick Foles.

WHY ARE WE NOT DISCUSSING WHO THEY WILL BE PLAYING TO GET BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL!?!

Atlanta v Saints

Atlanta v Vikings

Either one of those is going to be a sexy matchup, way more interesting than seeing Ben piss down his leg in the NE cold again, and I'm tired of talking about the irrelevant Blake Bortles protection scheme.

7 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Ugh. I'm really hoping the Eagles take care of business so I don't have to see this match up. Because I've heard this saying how "Everything happens in threes". 

Listen, I don't want that game either. In fact, my dream world has Teddy Bridgewater playing the entire second half of the NFC Championship in a 57 to 1 rout of the Iggles (they score the rare one point off of an obscure mercy ruling), but Atlanta v Saints would almost certainly be a better game than NE vs Pitt.

Oh my god. I've been blind! Horribly blind!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/10/report-colts-interview-baylor-coach-matt-rhule/

MATT RHULE!?! Fuck me with a goddamn drill bit, man! What the fuck!?! My blood pressure is already through the roof with the entire Seattle assistant staff waiting to bring their mediocrity to Indy under the direction of Tom Cable, but now this!?!

What did I do? Was it the election? I know, I should have been knocking on doors! I'm sorry, god! I didn't know!

35 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Yeah, I know. Let's litigate the stirring Divisional Round that is NE against Tennessee!!!! The worst playoff team in living memory.

And don't forget that Steelers hosting of the Jags everybody knows is just going to be unwatchable.

No, we don't need to talk about the best offense in football going into the house of the best defense in football! We don't need to talk about an undersized, scrappy, kinda ad hoc playmaker who throws a weirdly attractive deep ball to WR's who just chew up yardage at a prodigious rate.

Oh, and Drew Brees is in this game too with the best RB tandem I've ever seen in my fucking life (last week notwithstanding). Saints and Vikings, Payton and Zimmer. This shit is the game of the week and we're acting like we don't already know that NE is going to dickstomp the Pittsbrughs in 10 days while the NFC (which has been a superior conference for 20 years) languishes in media hell.

The Falcons! Fuck the Falcons and they'll beat the Eagles, but I'll give you the Falcons. They scrapped their way back into the playoffs after the biggest Super Bowl disaster of all time and took care of business against a flat L.A. team and now they get a free Nick Foles.

WHY ARE WE NOT DISCUSSING WHO THEY WILL BE PLAYING TO GET BACK TO THE SUPERBOWL!?!

Atlanta v Saints

Atlanta v Vikings

Either one of those is going to be a sexy matchup, way more interesting than seeing Ben piss down his leg in the NE cold again, and I'm tired of talking about the irrelevant Blake Bortles protection scheme.

All I know is that if Brady faces an NFC team NOT named after an animal, he will lose in the Super Bowl.

The football gods have spoken!

24 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Listen, I don't want that game either. In fact, my dream world has Teddy Bridgewater playing the entire second half of the NFC Championship in a 57 to 1 rout of the Iggles (they score the rare one point off of an obscure mercy ruling), but Atlanta v Saints would almost certainly be a better game than NE vs Pitt.

For realzzies? Fuck it. The Saints can lose as long as I get to see this score.

3 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Atlanta v Saints

Atlanta v Vikings

Beautiful. And completely true. 

If it's any consolation, the Vikings/Saints match up seems to be widely considered to be the premier match up of the entire postseason this year on the NFL subreddit, at least. And most people are favoring the Vikings, which I'd agree with. I'm extremely excited for this game. Though, I think there is a non-zero chance that the Vikings basically shut out the Saints in a low-scoring game since Andrus Peat got injured in the Panthers game.

11 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

@Tywin et al.

Hey lovva, I'm in the calling cue for the live Stampede Blue (Colts) podcast if you wanna hear me get some shit off my chest.  :P

Send me a link bae. 

Also, I believe is queue, not cue. 

10 hours ago, Nictarion said:

My picks for the WC games sucked, let’s see if I can do any better this time...

Steelers over Jags :ack:

Pats over Titans

Saints over Vikes 

Falcons over Eagles 

Yeah, I managed to go a scintillating .500 in the WC games.

I'll take the Steelers, Patriots, Vikings, and Falcons this weekend.:uhoh:

36 minutes ago, Triskele said:

With some likely tough conditions in Pittsburgh this weekend I'm hoping to see Bortles struggle to throw the forward pass.

It's a "wintry mix" right now.  In my day we just called that wet snow.  Was freezing rain an hour ago and near 60 as late as noon today.  Supposed to get 3 to 6 inches tonight but not much after - just gonna be cold, down to almost zero tomorrow night and forecast in the teens for gametime but 0% precipitation.  Anyway, don't plan on driving tomorrow.  Growing up in Rochester, Pitt doesn't know how to deal with real shit.

Archived