Jump to content
DanteGabriel

NFL 2017-18 Playoffs: circling the wagons

Recommended Posts

It shouldnt matter if he is eligible once a defender deflects it though right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

It shouldnt matter if he is eligible once a defender deflects it though right?

That's exactly what I would think.  I may have misheard the talking heads, etc.  I was multitasking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KingintheNorth4 said:

KC fans get their hearts cut out once again lol.

That was just brutal. And one of the great calls of all time, IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance Andy Reid possibly gets canned for this second half meltdown? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy.  You have to think the Kelce loss mattered, but Tennessee dominated this 2nd half.

The old Andy Reid lore of good regular season not so good post-season grows.  Losing at home to a team that didn't really seem like a playoff team.

Awesome block from Mariota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Reid is the Bill Belichick of playoff choke jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, briantw said:

Andy Reid is the Bill Belichick of playoff choke jobs.

Marvin Lewis would like a word!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Marvin Lewis would like a word!

Little different because no one ever really expects the Bengals to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That does seem to maybe be it thought for this KC unit.  Maybe you turn it over to Mahomes and a new coach now in spite of a nice little five year era that Smith/Reid has put together.  It's just been the same story of so little post-season success to show for regular season very goodness year after year.

Not that this is that surprising, but because I can't resist piling on Jeff Fisher some more, I think I heard that the Rams literally went from last to first in points per game in the NFL last year to this year, so there's that in addition to how nice of a season Case Keenum had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Triskele said:

That does seem to maybe be it thought for this KC unit.  Maybe you turn it over to Mahomes and a new coach now in spite of a nice little five year era that Smith/Reid has put together.  It's just been the same story of so little post-season success to show for regular season very goodness year after year.

Not that this is that surprising, but because I can't resist piling on Jeff Fisher some more, I think I heard that the Rams literally went from last to first in points per game in the NFL last year to this year, so there's that in addition to how nice of a season Case Keenum had.

This has been the pattern in KC long before Andy Reid. In 2003 they got bounced by Manning's Colts, with Dick Vermeil. In 2006, under Herm Edwards, they wasted 3 picks of Manning by the defense (2 by Ty Law) and lost miserably.  In 2010 under Todd Haley they lost to the Ravens. I've long gotten used to watching the Chiefs fail to beat teams I wanted them to beat, but this is great -- I was legit afraid of them going to Foxboro again because I still don't think the Pats know how to cover  running backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×