Annual BwB Worldcon Gathering - LACon 2006

*Waves to Maestress* Good to see you here. :) Did the picture of you and the figurine with GRRM turn out at all?

Hey, Skylark! The picture came out great - thanks so much for taking it! I sent a copy to Dave and maybe it will make it into the BwB site sometime. Things are busy here, but I have it as a goal to break out of my "commoner" threads soon, so I'd better get posting :P

It's been like four years since Philcon (and like four years since I posted) and I so wish I could go, but as I am back in the States finally I thought I would see how things are here at the BwB board. Alas, LA is too far away and (it just so happens) I'm pregnant again...

I am so jealous - Please have lots of fun withouth me, damn you all.

PS. to the other Knights/Ladies of the Cheesesteak, good to see so many familiar names and Hi to each of you!

Andromeda!!! :D

Wow...there is a shout from the past! I hope you have had a good 4 years. You were in Germany for some of that IIRC? So Europe better not have left you down. ;)

Pity you can't make LA but congrats on the imminent arrival. Your Philly first born has all the potential to be the greatest GRRM fan! :P

And hopefully you will get a chance to meet up with some of us soon. :)

Andromeda! So glad to see you again - missed you these last 4 years. As one who has been there since the beginning, it is great to know people go away, but still remain part of the fandom. We will miss you in LA, but it still is great to see you around again. Welcome back!

Updating on my situation...well, I can make LACon if I can get rides and/or roof. But I'm not sure where I will be this summer. I will either be at UCLA or UC Irvine, and I am looking for a ride either to Anaheim CC daily and then back to Anaheim CC, or to Anaheim Cc once and then crashing in a hotel room somewhere for the entire week. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? Would a taxi be cheaper than a van service? Should I just pay someone? Anyone on the board interested?

Having attended three Cons so far, Jedi Freac, I feel I can say with confidence that space will be found for you, for a lot less than daily cabs/shuttles. There will be several rooms where the ladies staying there will be happy to make space for you.

I wouldn't worry about it any time before May, when plans will start to become more clear.

Woohoo - I just booked a room at the Anaheim Marriott (21st-28th August @ $99 a night=£57.50). Today is the first day of convention-rate hotel bookings, so I'm being incredibly organised (as per my New Year's Resolution).

I wonder what is the best time to book flights...

*dances*

If this isn't proper to put here, feel free to delete it.

But I just thought I'd throw it out there...

In order to finance the Get Odie and Davos to Worldcon fund, I'm considering offering to make PERSONAL banners for people. I've already got a couple potential offers, but nothing definiate yet. Emphesis on the PERSONAL part. I'm not about to step on George's toes here and do anything that's in any way tied to Westeros. But if you have an idea for personal arms for yourself that has no copyrights or anything anyone else could claim royalties on, I'd be willing to listen. :)

You can either respond here, PM me, or email me at ckauzlarich at gmail dot com

First come, first served (or more appropriately, first to commit to payment, first served) ;) WIth a possible exception for Stego 'cause he asked first.

And before anyone freaks out about people having banners in the BwB, I think that Lodey's said that we all have our own backgrounds and "banners" but we all come together as one. Or something. He can explain it better than I. :)

Again, if this is innapropriate, feel free to delete it.

PS. to the other Knights/Ladies of the Cheesesteak, good to see so many familiar names and Hi to each of you!

Andromeda!! Glad to hear from you and that you're back from Germany safe and sound. Hope all is well with the first little one. We'll miss you in LA. I'll probably get a room for a few days in Anaheim. Email me if you change your mind. :)

Bring them to LA. *firm nod* It'll be much more educational than silly school. Would they learn what a furry is at school? I rest my case!

good point! Just what my kids need, a bigger vocabulary, they already talk like adults and my little boy wants to grow up and be a knight so....

Wait- Mormont you are in Scotland! Trade me places please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived