U.S. Politics: A Wolff In Sheep's Clothing

Martell Spy

I was really hoping this title would be used.

I still have a chapter or two left of Wolff's book.  It's so Bannon and Jarvanka centric.  Jared and Ivanka appear to be dumber than I even though possible, with a major problem being that they don't realize it.  Bannon seems to treat this all like a game where he finds pleasure in the strategy and battle tactics and could care less about the results.  

It still amazes me that Wolff was freely allowed to roam the White House talking to people and recording them.  Just that is enough to tell you how hopeless this administration is. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I was really hoping this title would be used.

I still have a chapter or two left of Wolff's book.  It's so Bannon and Jarvanka centric.  Jared and Ivanka appear to be dumber than I even though possible, with a major problem being that they don't realize it.  Bannon seems to treat this all like a game where he finds pleasure in the strategy and battle tactics and could care less about the results.  

It still amazes me that Wolff was freely allowed to roam the White House talking to people and recording them.  Just that is enough to tell you how hopeless this administration is. 

What makes it worse is that Trump et al. thought it would be a great idea to let Wolff in. That is some next level stupidity, given Wolff’s history.

As far as the intelligence of Jared and Ivanka goes, two things come to mind.  First, after it was announced that they were part of Trump’s WH team, I saw an interview with a couple reporters who cover the NYC socialite scene. They said that Jared and Ivanka were widely believed to be over polish idiots who only got by through nepotism. Nobody believed they were special in any shape or form. Second, there’s an amazing clip from a few years back on the Howard Stern show where he asked the Trumps to do basic math. It’s stunning how stupid they are. Apparently Eric is the smart one because he refused to answer (or at least I think it was Eric who said there’s nothing to gain by answering the questions). The rest couldn’t figure out what 34x3 was.

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

What makes it worse is that Trump et al. thought it would be a great idea to let Wolff in. That is some next level stupidity, given Wolff’s history.

As far as the intelligence of Jared and Ivanka goes, two things come to mind.  First, after it was announced that they were part of Trump’s WH team, I saw an interview with a couple reporters who cover the NYC socialite scene. They said that Jared and Ivanka were widely believed to be over polish idiots who only got by through nepotism. Nobody believed they were special in any shape or form. Second, there’s an amazing clip from a few years back on the Howard Stern show where he asked the Trumps to do basic math. It’s stunning how stupid they are. Apparently Eric is the smart one because he refused to answer (or at least I think it was Eric who said there’s nothing to gain by answering the questions). The rest couldn’t figure out what 34x3 was.

Yeah, the Royal family are clearly all idiots. Bannon isn't really an idiot, but he acted like one it all of this. He's an amateur I guess at being in this court setting. It looks like his biggest weakness was his hatred of "Jivanka", which is a bit misguided. Yes, they are disgusting, but many of us realize that they are in place due to Trump. If you are going to use Trump for every scrap of power you can get, you really should keep a lid on how much you hate Trump's family, like Pence is a master of doing.

Then there is the response to the scandal. Now, Trump clearly saw himself as Superman coming to the rescue. And it's easy to see why he could think that, he is the President of the United states and that's a pretty powerful megaphone to have. But, it turned what he actually was in this case was some drooling imbecile with a can of gasoline to throw on the fire.

And Bannon tries try to be thoughtful in his response to the scandal and takes his time getting ready to respond, but that very delay makes the scandal even more damaging to all involved, as Trump merrily spreads gasoline all over his Administration.

46 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Report: Trump Is Seeking to Avoid Direct Mueller Interview

https://www.thedailybeast.com/report-trump-is-seeking-to-avoid-direct-mueller-interview

I doubt he can avoid.  Pres. Clinton was deposed for the Starr investigation.  If he refuses to appear that could be a contemptable act.

7 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I doubt he can avoid.  Pres. Clinton was deposed for the Starr investigation.  If he refuses to appear that could be a contemptable act.

Can’t he just pardon himself? And would he even have to go that far?

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

The only time I heard Erin or Don Jr speak, it was about their overt racism or anti-liberal bent so it was hard to judge.  The book claims that Ivanka is known as the "smart Trump" so that gives an idea of what people think of the boys.  Most interviews I've seen of Ivanka reveals she doesn't know how to engage beyond a few key talking points.  

I'm curious how the book will change things in the white house.  Will Trump kick out Jarvanka of his own accord after reading how stupid they've made him look?  (Assuming someone is giving him the cliff notes).  Does Nikki Haley continue to enjoy such close access now that he sees she might be gunning for his seat in 2020?  How many cabinet positions doesn't he fire after realizing they all think he's a fucking idiot?  Maybe nothing changes?  

19 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What does everyone think about Oprah 2020?

Oh, please, no. Although Oprah Winfrey (along with 95% of the eligible American population) would be a much better President than Trump. I really don't want to follow one television celebrity millionaire with another. Surely if Trump shows anything it's that having some previous experience in political office before becoming President is a very good idea. 

5 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

It's a ridiculous, potentially devastating idea and Meryl Streep should be ashamed of herself for suggesting it.

Oprah could most likely win the nomination, so Dem voters need to confront that potential reality and where they stand on it.

As with just about any Dem candidate, I hope people come around to "go ahead and favor someone else in the primary, but vote for her in the general at all cost".

23 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What does everyone think about Oprah 2020?

I do not want anyone that hasn't held some kind of office before. That includes Cuban, Zuckerberg, Bloomberg, The Rock, or any of other celebrity names that get thrown around.

If somebody has not bothered to run for office, before running for the president of the United States (well of course Bloomberg has, but I object to him on other grounds), I have to wonder whether this about trying to get shit done, or is it more about said celebrity trying to get a notch in their belt.

And just because somebody has demonstrated success in one field, it does not follow they will make a good statesman or stateswoman or politician.

1 minute ago, denstorebog said:

Oprah could most likely win the nomination, so Dem voters need to confront that potential reality and where they stand on it.

Oh sure.

My problem, apart from the fact that we have no indication whatsoever that she's at all fit for the job, is that I strongly suspect that her getting involved would hold back any actual party reform that the Democratic party needs to get done, as people flock to the sticking-plaster poster child as a substitute for making real, difficult changes.

5 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Oh sure.

My problem, apart from the fact that we have no indication whatsoever that she's at all fit for the job, is that I strongly suspect that her getting involved would hold back any actual party reform that the Democratic party needs to get done, as people flock to the sticking-plaster poster child as a substitute for making real, difficult changes.

She's a pretty amazing, inspiring woman that I'm sure would put the time and effort into learning everything she would need to in order to credibly run.

That being said, I want someone who has held office too. Being president isn't something you can easily learn on the fly.

Archived