U.S. Politics: A Wolff In Sheep's Clothing

Martell Spy

All things considered, that sounds about right considering that the jostling won't really start until after the midterms. Though to me the real news isn't that Oprah is already pulling 20%, it's that neither Biden or Sanders is starting out as a presumptive nominee. It makes sense for Biden I guess, he didn't run last time and hasn't actually said he'll run this time yet; but clearly a lot of Sanders' supporters are also keeping their options open.

I watched the Martin Luther King signing ceremony this morning, wondering if someone would say something about 45's comments. No one did, but I couldn't blame them. They must have been really torn between wanting the attention on MLK and wondering what King would have said to the president. Reporters who were present immediately asked for comments, asked him if he was a racist, but he just walked out.

20 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I watched the Martin Luther King signing ceremony this morning, wondering if someone would say something about 45's comments. No one did, but I couldn't blame them. They must have been really torn between wanting the attention on MLK and wondering what King would have said to the president. Reporters who were present immediately asked for comments, asked him if he was a racist, but he just walked out.

I wonder if Dr. King had anything to say about comfortable people remaining silent in the face of racism...

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Graham has confirmed Trump said what he said. Other reports are saying there are a string of similarly incentive comments regarding race from previous meetings

And the White House never denied he said it, but President Shithole issued a denial tweet approximately twelve minutes after one of the nattering numpties on Fox and Friends disapproved.

I thought it was terrifying that Bush the Lesser had so many morons and assholes advising him, but Jesus Christ, we're under a President who only listens to Kilmeade and Doocy.

23 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

And Senators Cotton and Perdue have amnesia.

I loathe few EOs more than Tom Cotton.

19 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

And the White House never denied he said it, but President Shithole issued a denial tweet approximately twelve minutes after one of the nattering numpties on Fox and Friends disapproved.

I thought it was terrifying that Bush the Lesser had so many morons and assholes advising him, but Jesus Christ, we're under a President who only listens to Kilmeade and Doocy.

Trump is Clown News!

Here’s one of the reports I mentioned above. Trump asked an American born Asian intelligence analyst where “your people” come from. After she said her parents were from Korean, Trump turns and asks why isn’t the “pretty Korean lady” working on the North Korean situation. You can’t make this stuff up:

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/12/16885546/trump-asian-american-intelligence-briefing

2 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I wonder if Dr. King had anything to say about comfortable people remaining silent in the face of racism...

Because he's such a shit he could turn around and cancel the National Park status for King's birthplace?

Afterwards King's nephew was asked if he thought 45 was a racist, and he said no, not in the traditional sense, but that he was a racially ignorant man, and a few other things. I guess he was trying to be diplomatic. But really, I suspect they wanted the day to be a positive day in King's memory, not a shit slinging event.

I don't know what he meant by traditional - that he doesn't wear a white hood and carry a torch?

Discliamer: I'm going to make sarcastic remarks here so don't take it literally.

Should I go around badgering American expats here in Indonesia asking them why they are residing in a shithole? Why am I here? Well, it's not like I have a choice with people like Drumpf running things.

22 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Afterwards King's nephew was asked in he thought 45 was a racist, and he said no, not in the traditional sense, but that he was a racially ignorant man, and a few other things. I guess he was trying to be diplomatic. But really, I suspect they wanted the day to be a positive day in King's memory, not a shit slinging event.

I don't know what he meant by traditional - that he doesn't wear a white hood and carry a torch?

I think Trump's racism is intimately connected to his extreme narcissism. He isn't "traditionally" racist because he doesn't have an ideology about it -he just evaluates people he has no personal contact with in terms of how much similarity he sees between himself and them, with race probably being no more important than gender or income in his evaluation. He is "ignorant" of both racist and anti-racist intellectual arguments, like he is of almost everything else.

And if he has personal contact with you, his main evaluation is based mostly on whether you agree with him or praise him. 

8 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I think Trump's racism is intimately connected to his extreme narcissism. He isn't "traditionally" racist because he doesn't have an ideology about it -he just evaluates people he has no personal contact with in terms of how much similarity he sees between himself and them, with race probably being no more important than gender or income in his evaluation. He is "ignorant" of both racist and anti-racist intellectual arguments, like he is of almost everything else.

And if he has personal contact with you, his main evaluation is based mostly on whether you agree with him or praise him. 

I think that's a very good analysis.

Archived