Unpopular Opinions?

Lady Anna

2 hours ago, Bitterblooms said:

I actually agree that she was at least capable of serious wrongdoing, if not crappy per se. I was really surprised when I started reading on this forum how many people had a very pleasant and wholesome view of Lyanna Stark. When I first read the books, I got an impression that she was willful and she ran away and she wasn't going to be told what to do by anybody. You know, the kind of person that would run away even though she was engaged to someone else. Maybe the same spirit of impulsivity that made her pour wine over her brothers head led her to run away. The books describe her as a fierce wolf, not a turtledove.

Agree.  I think that the pleasant and wholesome view is because she is neds sister and speculated to be jons mother.  And she is being compared to arya who a lot of people like (including me).

On 4/19/2018 at 11:42 PM, Therae said:

Oh gods, yes. Totally a matter of personal taste. The main thing is that they are both jerks who don't seem to consider that the Duty part of their words extends to the very people who depend on them for protection when it actually counts. Only Edmure gets that right.

:cheers:

Hell each to their own but if I had to marry anyone in Westeros, lol, okay barring the super cruel ones, Edmure would be my least fav.  The guy is boring as boring gets, when given command he goes for the little detail and not the global vision lol certainly not my preferred!!! but as you said, totally a matter of personal taste.

On 4/21/2018 at 5:22 PM, Corvo the Crow said:

Sometimes I think people forget Arya is just a 10 year old kid. Well with a bloodlust and hatred filled heart perhaps but still just a 10 year old.

I agree with this point. It's also scary to think that once she's 13, which happens in the series, she's considered having come into her majority. Her immaturity and the damage from being without her parents shows how stupid that concept was, even in a time when people didn't live as long.

If one believes the Braavos conspiracy, in wich Sealord, IB and HOBAW are alligned in their objectives towards Westros; that would open a great span of possibilites wich may or not involve almost all matters in the series, slavery, magic, territorial politics, and gods know what else intrests.

But my net would be in a mix of all of it, they do care about who rules Westros and about getting the money the Crown ALREADY owned him, that's why to lend money to Stannis and NW, even if the paying is really uncertain, they are making allies to fight for them (or maybe with them) to take out those who did not paid the debt, thus retrievieng some values in the process (Lannister gold must be very known in Braavos) and if possible putting someone more relyable on the IT at the end of the war.

When Jon dreams a wolf dream with Ghost he seas Shaggydog licking a wound that he received while fighting with and killing an enormous black goat.  That goat is just a goat.  It is not a unicorn. 

A DANCE WITH DRAGONS - JON I

A wild rain lashed down upon his black brother as he tore at the flesh of an enormous goat, washing the blood from his side where the goat's long horn had raked him

The word horn in this sentence is singular because only one injury is described and that injury was made by one horn.  The exact same language is used in real life descriptions of bullfighters receiving injuries from bulls in the ring.  For example:  " A bullfighter has been left with sickening internal injuries after becoming impaled on a beast's horn and tossed around the ring."  We don't assume that the bull has only one horn in this description. 

55 minutes ago, White Ravens said:

When Jon dreams a wolf dream with Ghost he seas Shaggydog licking a wound that he received while fighting with and killing an enormous black goat.  That goat is just a goat.  It is not a unicorn. 

The word horn in this sentence is singular because only one injury is described and that injury was made by one horn.  The exact same language is used in real life descriptions of bullfighters receiving injuries from bulls in the ring.  For example:  " A bullfighter has been left with sickening internal injuries after becoming impaled on a beast's horn and tossed around the ring."  We don't assume that the bull has only one horn in this description. 

I don't think that's so unpopular! I like the unicorn idea, b/c UNICORNS! but it's possible Shaggy fought a.goat and that's it. 

And the bold, sadly.does't happen as often as it should (100% of the times would be good in my book). 

11 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I don't think that's so unpopular! I like the unicorn idea, b/c UNICORNS! but it's possible Shaggy fought a.goat and that's it. 

And the bold, sadly.does't happen as often as it should (100% of the times would be good in my book). 

Maybe I'm too sensitive.  :)

I agree 100% with your comment about the bolded.

Archived