Unpopular Opinions?

Lady Anna

I have 2 things that not everyone might agree with. The first is that Varys and Illyreio are exactly who they tell Tyrion they are. There are a lot of theories about them being other people or of some house, but I'd like to believe that Varys really is a former slave and the Magistar was once a brash bravo who formed an alliance with each other. It's a cool story that I found really interesting and wouldn't mind hearing more of. I can't even imagine what their motives and endgame is though.

The second is that in the time of Dunk and Egg, the Bloodraven has no sorcery. like varys, he just a a huge network of spies and the ignorant peasants and most lords are just superstitious. If he does get into magic, it's not until much later when he's at the wall and beyond. 

3 hours ago, Mooncalf said:

The second is that in the time of Dunk and Egg, the Bloodraven has no sorcery. like varys, he just a a huge network of spies and the ignorant peasants and most lords are just superstitious. If he does get into magic, it's not until much later when he's at the wall and beyond. 

So you don’t think he was in disguise as Maynard Plumm? Or you just think it was a conventional disguise?

I don't like Jon and Arya's relationship or at least their relationship from Jon's side.  I get it on Arya's side, but on Jon's side it just feels creepy.  Jon compares Ygritte's body to Arya's (which is gross considering that she is his sister and a child) and was imagining Arya in a bastard's bed.  And he doesn't care for Sansa because he was more worried about Tyrion (who is also creepy) than his sister who was forcibly married by their enemies and who could have been raped and killed once she produces an heir.  Which is in stark contrast with Cat and Robb when they heard of Sansa's marriage when they were rightly horrified.  Sansa's situation is the same as what he thinks Arya's situation is, he should have been horrified with both marriages.  And I know that Tyrion was nice to Jon, but I don't think Jon really knows Tyrion.  Tyrion is a kinslayer and I thought that was a big taboo in Westeros.

I can understand why Jon and Sansa doesn't have a close relationship since they have different interests and Sansa wanted to please the septa and her mother.  But when Sansa thinks of Jon she thinks of him fondly.  Jon doesn't seem to care about Sansa at all.  And I know that neither of them think about the other but I give Sansa more slack because she is busy trying to survive King's Landing and Littlefinger and all of her thoughts are rightly about her own survival.  I d

I wonder what will happen when Jon finds out that he risked so much on Jeyne Poole.  I don't think it would be a good reaction honestly. 

I think that Tyrion would betray Jon's trust in him somehow if they meet again. 

I like Arya's and Sansa's relationship with Bran and Robb.  Bran and Robb seem to accept their sisters as they are. And there is none of the creep factor.

If Arya ever thought of Jon in a romantic way I would throw the book. 

1 hour ago, goldenmaps said:

I don't like Jon and Arya's relationship or at least their relationship from Jon's side.  I get it on Arya's side, but on Jon's side it just feels creepy.  Jon compares Ygritte's body to Arya's (which is gross considering that she is his sister and a child) and was imagining Arya in a bastard's bed.  And he doesn't care for Sansa because he was more worried about Tyrion (who is also creepy) than his sister who was forcibly married by their enemies and who could have been raped and killed once she produces an heir.  Which is in stark contrast with Cat and Robb when they heard of Sansa's marriage when they were rightly horrified.  Sansa's situation is the same as what he thinks Arya's situation is, he should have been horrified with both marriages.  And I know that Tyrion was nice to Jon, but I don't think Jon really knows Tyrion.  Tyrion is a kinslayer and I thought that was a big taboo in Westeros.

Sansa treated Jon terribly, Arya and Jon were close... and as creepy as it may seem, Jon and Arya may well end up together. I certainly believe that was the original plot.

I can understand why Jon and Sansa doesn't have a close relationship since they have different interests and Sansa wanted to please the septa and her mother.  But when Sansa thinks of Jon she thinks of him fondly.  Jon doesn't seem to care about Sansa at all.  And I know that neither of them think about the other but I give Sansa more slack because she is busy trying to survive King's Landing and Littlefinger and all of her thoughts are rightly about her own survival.  I d

You are entitled to an opinion... but I don’t think Jon ever gave Sansa reason to hate him, Sansa took after her mother and treated Jon like shit.

I wonder what will happen when Jon finds out that he risked so much on Jeyne Poole.  I don't think it would be a good reaction honestly. 

Maybe it will kill him...

Ok... but Sansa already betrayed the Ned and Arya... that’s why she doesn’t have a wolf... let alone her thoughts/lack of sympathy for poor Jeyne Poole, supposedly her best friend.

I like Arya's and Sansa's relationship with Bran and Robb.  Bran and Robb seem to accept their sisters as they are. And there is none of the creep factor.

They are actually siblings though... and not bastards hated by Cat.

Start warming up...

Starks should all have their own things to do in separate places.   No family reunion?    

Darkstar is a better name than Sphinx.   

The way you use the nipples on your breastplate is you line them up with your own nipples, which is the only way to know for sure if you're wearing the damn thing correctly.    65% of lords are wearing improperly adjusted breastplates , or the wrong size altogether, and are too embarrassed to say anything about it to the smith.  So when you see people make an offering to The Smith, most of them are quietly praying for an end to the pectoral bunching and chafing, which is the cause of 1/3 of all battlefield deaths.  They try to swing their arm to parry an opponent, they rip their nip, spend a moment stunned from the pain, and by then an ax has deviated their septum.  The reason this goes widely unreported is because they're dead by that point.   

4 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

There is nothing creepy about Jon and Arya’s relationship from Jon’s side at all. If I’m not mistaken Jon comparing Ygritte and Arya’s bodies was how small they were(there was nothing sexual about that scene at all)and Ygritte happens to remind Jon of Aya. A lot of people’s romantic partners have qualities or something that reminded them of siblings, cousins or even parents. Jon and Arya have the best sibling relationship in the books, I hate how people try to turn every sibling relationship in the books incestuous in this fandom. 

Jon does care about Sansa. He thinks of her often and would have risked just as much for Sansa as Arya. 

4 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

Well Jon has the genes of traditional sisterfuckers, what's wrong with thinking of it here and there? 

7 hours ago, Kandrax said:

What?

Sansa was under Catelyn's and Septa Mordane's ifnluence (and remember book Mordane, isn't nearly as sympathetic as show Mordane) and liked to behave like what she believed a proper lady would act like. So I wouldn't quite say she treated him terribly, but she did treat him as someone clearly beneath her and an outsider, while Arya saw Jon on the same level as herself. 
That she now is able to think of Jon with fondness and as her brother shows how far she has come.

6 hours ago, The Wolves said:

Jon does care about Sansa. He thinks of her often and would have risked just as much for Sansa as Arya. 

^This. I think the reason why he didn't march the Night's Watch and Wildlings south to "save" Sansa were numerous;

1)He had met and traveled with Tyrion and, at the very least, could tell that he wasn't a sadistic rape monster like Ramsay. After all he didn't march on Winterfell because "Arya" was married, he marched on Witnerfell because "Arya" was married to Ramsay Bolton. He probably wouldn't have done it if she had been given to Lancel Lannister, or something. 
2)Being married to Tyrion should have (and for a time did) increased Sansa's chances of surviving King's Landing and ensured her to be treated better in general.
3)KL is a whole continent further south than Winterfell. He would have had to fight his way through the entire continent, which simply wouldn't have been feasible.
4)I don't think he quite had the same level of authority yet at the Wall as he had when he made the decision to march on Winterfell.
5)This also came afrer the deaths of Robb "Brann" and "Rickon", by this time Jon was running out of family members and this would have made him more desperate.
6) With Sansa there was still the chance that Robb would eventually take King's Landing and liberate her, with Tyrion likely dead or sent to the Wall, Sansa would have been free to remarry.

3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Sansa was under Catelyn's and Septa Mordane's ifnluence (and remember book Mordane, isn't nearly as sympathetic as show Mordane) and liked to behave like what she believed a proper lady would act like. So I wouldn't quite say she treated him terribly, but she did treat him as someone clearly beneath her and an outsider, while Arya saw Jon on the same level as herself. 
That she now is able to think of Jon with fondness and as her brother shows how far she has come.

Still, Jon thinks about her positively.

16 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Still, Jon thinks about her positively.

He does, I wasn't contradicting that, and so does she by now. I have also pointed out various reasons why he might not have come to her "rescue".
If it had been Sansa in Winterfell with the Boltons he would have come for her.

14 hours ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

Sansa treated Jon terribly

Do you have any examples?  I only remember that she was referred to him as her half-brother which is of course technically correct.  His relationship with Arya is very close but the way those too interact "whatever you do, don't tell Sansa!" simply shows a very close sibing realtionship which is not present between either Jon and Sansa or Sansa and Arya either for that matter.  No biggie, surely?

14 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

The way you use the nipples on your breastplate is you line them up with your own nipples, which is the only way to know for sure if you're wearing the damn thing correctly.    65% of lords are wearing improperly adjusted breastplates , or the wrong size altogether, and are too embarrassed to say anything about it to the smith.  So when you see people make an offering to The Smith, most of them are quietly praying for an end to the pectoral bunching and chafing, which is the cause of 1/3 of all battlefield deaths.  They try to swing their arm to parry an opponent, they rip their nip, spend a moment stunned from the pain, and by then an ax has deviated their septum.  The reason this goes widely unreported is because they're dead by that point.   

Wait! How come this is unpopular?

People who hate theorist because the disagree with them (Preston jacobs is the best known example) will be disappointed with TWOW.

since the hate is caused by disbelive in the theories and they are focused on their own theories which will also not be 100% true so they expect exactly one thing to happen, but as we know GRRM its unlikely that only predicable obvious thing will happen.

On 4/13/2018 at 4:57 PM, The Wolves said:

There is nothing creepy about Jon and Arya’s relationship from Jon’s side at all. If I’m not mistaken Jon comparing Ygritte and Arya’s bodies was how small they were(there was nothing sexual about that scene at all)and Ygritte happens to remind Jon of Aya. A lot of people’s romantic partners have qualities or something that reminded them of siblings, cousins or even parents. Jon and Arya have the best sibling relationship in the books, I hate how people try to turn every sibling relationship in the books incestuous in this fandom. 

I think I've been reading too many Jon/Arya theories and that Jon and Sansa don't like each other theories.  And I do think that down the road that Jon and Dany might have a romantic relationship since they both have parallel journeys.  I have reread these passages and they are actually innocent.  I do think Jon and Arya have the closest relationship between the Starks but that might be that they have more in common with each other than with their other siblings.  And I also think that Jon and Sansa do love each other but they have the least in common with each other and both have different interests.

I do think that Jon wanted to help Ned, Robb and Sansa but he didn't have the resources or the ability to help them.  With Arya traveling to the Wall he thinks that he can help her and he is in position to do so.  And I do think that he trusts Tyrion more than Cat and Robb does and probably thinks that Tyrion won't hurt Sansa. 

I do think that the first Stark reunion will be between Jon and Sansa since they are not as close to each other as they are with their other siblings.  In the books I don't think I heard any negative thoughts about Sansa from Jon or from Jon about Sansa.  I do think a Jon and Sansa reunion will be an interesting read.

Archived