Days Won

Myshkin

6 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

2 days won.  No warning points.  I do not miss the "like" system.  It caused a great deal of difficulty for folks.  I was glad to see it leave.

iirc it was the "dislike" button that got some people pretty upset. 

3 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I don't have any days! I'm having an existential crisis! I don't have any days!!! I was sure I've had at least a few days sprinkled here and there amongst the crushing void. My life is a total of zero days! 

BIG MOOD BIG MOOD

I was not on this board in the days of the like button. If I was, rest assured, you would be above Myshkin.

2 hours ago, Relic said:

iirc it was the "dislike" button that got some people pretty upset. 

Yep. Which becomes a vicious cycle because it’s somewhat difficult not to gleefully ‘dislike’ a post complaining about the dislike feature.  

I didn’t mind it personally, but I get it.  I think the discussion is better without folks having the ability to just click approval or disapproval without contributing words and also keeps it from becoming a bizarre nerdy popularity contest.

I always assumed that warning points would be the real currency of cool, and I still haven't got any.  But my banal posts did manage to win 1 day.  I assume you all celebrate the anniversary of that significant milestone and I just haven't noticed.  Are there fireworks, a minute's silence, or just a day off work?

The likes/dislikes period, albeit short-lived, was a fun social experiment.  It felt a bit like a Big Brother reality TV show, but with better grammar and more tears.  And despite us quickly realizing the inherent problems, most of the global population continues the gladiatorial circus of acceptance/opprobrium on social media every day.  I'm not sure why sociopathy gets such a negative rap; it must be very liberating.

So it seems that my 4 days won (which I still maintain is a fraudulently low number) is actually the highest win count so far discovered. Even with the mods obviously trying to suppress my greatness, I’m still better than the rest of you.

5 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

So it seems that my 4 days won (which I still maintain is a fraudulently low number) is actually the highest win count so far discovered. Even with the mods obviously trying to suppress my greatness, I’m still better than the rest of you.

You failed to do your homework on your nemesis:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/profile/2547-jaime-l/

7 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

2 days won.  No warning points.  I do not miss the "like" system.  It caused a great deal of difficulty for folks.  I was glad to see it leave.

Meh... I am counting days to my 3rd anniversary without warning point. I haven't pissed anyone this week (or I hope I haven't)

4 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I always assumed that warning points would be the real currency of cool, and I still haven't got any.  But my banal posts did manage to win 1 day.  I assume you all celebrate the anniversary of that significant milestone and I just haven't noticed.  Are there fireworks, a minute's silence, or just a day off work?

The likes/dislikes period, albeit short-lived, was a fun social experiment.  It felt a bit like a Big Brother reality TV show, but with better grammar and more tears.  And despite us quickly realizing the inherent problems, most of the global population continues the gladiatorial circus of acceptance/opprobrium on social media every day.  I'm not sure why sociopathy gets such a negative rap; it must be very liberating.

This year, for the anniversary of my last warning point (The 7th, so I assume Seven has the power. It is not just R'hllor, you know...), I will have a lemoncake and Arbor gold... And I will go to that Wasteland we call General forum and post one post about Sansa. I like to live on the edge from time to time :D 

As for days won, zero. Do we get anything if we win a day? Like free dinner with one of the mods or something?

8 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

The system is rigged!  If someone asked me to make a list of people with the most warning points, I probably would have put you in the group with the highest.  

Also, how did the like system cause difficulty?  Genuine question.  I liked that it enabled me to be lazy and show general agreement with someone's post, though it was pretty useless for the individual being liked because to know they'd have to go back and look at the specific post to see if it was liked. 

Also, I have exactly 15 warning points.  I win!

2 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Lies! Fake News! Sad!

:P

3 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

It’s not the amount of warning points that matters, but rather the severity of the transgressions. I once got banned for 24 days.

I don't even see the days won thing on my profile. Must have been a pre-floob thing.

Got no warning points either. I guess I have to start picking some reckless fights. But who to slander first. :idea:

Archived