Which charachter do you want to see a pov chapter from or have wanted to see?

Varysblackfyre321

Basically my top choice would be any non-rich or powerful POV. ASOIAF is basically Westeros told through the views of the 1%. The one character I would say is not part of the ruling class is Areo, and even then he's just there because GRRM couldn't give Doran a POV

But setting aside non-ruling class POV's, I always kinda wanted a Robert POV (it'd be interesting to see how his mind worked), a Robb POV (even GRRM admitted he should have got one), a Wun Wun POV (having a non-human character would just be interesting, and it would let GRRM play around with how he writes a chapter. I think some poetic writing excercise like this, even if just for a chapter, could really have allowed GRRM to show how truly great a writer he is beyond prose), a Joffrey POV (I've always been curious as to whether he is a stupid psycopath or an intelligent one), and a Tywin epilouge (I really wish we could have seen how he REALLY felt about Tyrion)

Renly, Loras or Margaery since Renly had no POV character in his entourage. It would be nice to see how his Crowning and everything else went down in Highgarden. Also with hindsight, it's somewhat clear that he won't be as big of a factor as we think in TWotFK, like I said before he had no POV character around him to tell the story of him defeating Stannis and going on to conquer the Iron Throne. 

Some POVs, as much as I think I want them, really can't be done without damaging the suspense and mystery in the story. For instance, we really shouldnt see. POV for Varys, Littlefinger, or the Others. For the same reasons fishb20 mentioned above that we couldn't see what Doran was thinking. Even Craster might have been too revealing. Right now in the books, we have a POV almost everywhere that we need one. Some places like Slaver's Bay have too many going into TWOW.

Osha sounds great to me, because I am still holding out hope Rickon is more important to the books than the show. But that seems like it will be covered by Davos.

I don't care about Dorne and the Reach or more from Essos, so maybe its just characters from previous books who we can see as missed oportunities in hindsight. For looking back and not forward I would go with Robb Stark and Viserys Targarian.

Marwyn would be fantastic! Like many where, I would love a Howland POV and used to secretly hope he might get TWoW epilogue, though I think he knows way too much to ever be allowed a POV.

I actually would like another POV on the Bran storyline other than Bran himself, like Jojen, Meera or even Bloodraven. Probably Meera would be most suitable.

Doran. I think the guy is an idiot, so I wanna see what's in his head.

One of the guys from the BwB. I really enjoyed the chapters that Arya had with them. I think Lem or Thoros might be interesting, though Lem seems to have gone off the deep end.

I would have liked to see Robb's POV. I think he would have been interesting, especially the part leading up to his death, his decision with regard to his successor, how he felt about Theon's betrayal and so on. I feel like it might have been a missed opportunity.

Olenna Tyrell. Probably because I'll be laughing all day reading her thoughts on this or that. 

Daven Lannister. He is such a jovial character and he has really good gossip. 

7 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

If I absolutely cannot have Howland, please give me a peek into Meera's head.  

:agree:

7 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

Olenna Tyrell. Probably because I'll be laughing all day reading her thoughts on this or that. 

God, yes! Just reading her snarky comments about Left and Right, her son Mace, her late husband, and insight into Joffrey 's poisoning, please!

On 1/9/2018 at 11:46 AM, Curled Finger said:

If I absolutely cannot have Howland, please give me a peek into Meera's head.  

On 1/9/2018 at 0:10 PM, Widow's Watch said:

Yes so much to both of these!

I'd also throw a vote out there for Wyman Manderly - he's so damn crafty.  Plus, I think it would be hilarious to read his thoughts while the Frey pie banquet is going on. He also might give some insight into The Grand Northern Conspiracy.  

Robb.  He was offstage for way too long.  Relationship with Jeyne, as well.

Margaery.  Renly's court, and insight into her fight with Cersei.

Meera.  Background on Howland, plus story of Children of the Forest.

Jeyne Poole.  What happened during missing year, plus might have info if Littlefinger was chatty in her presence.  Could be POV at Wall after Jon's stabbing.

Archived