Dany, Jon, Bael and a blue rose? Who?

AlaskanSandman

Dany, Jon, Bael and a blue rose? Who?

So this is not an attempt to say who I think the parents are but rather show the clues and set ups, that may be trying to tell us who the parents are, and see what your opinions are based on these clues of the past and present.

Bloodraven, the Night’s King and the Last Hero.------------------------------------

Spoiler

A Dance with Dragons - Bran III

One was full of singers, enthroned like Brynden in nests of weirwood roots that wove under and through and around their bodies

Bloodraven is he only human ever jacked in, the first and the last.

A Storm of Swords - Bran IV

, the tale of Night's King. He had been the thirteenth man to lead the Night's Watch, A woman was his downfall; a woman glimpsed from atop the Wall, with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars. loved her, though her skin was cold as ice, and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.

For thirteen years they had ruled, Night's King and his corpse queen, till finally the Stark of Winterfell and Joramun of the wildlings had joined to free the Watch from bondage. After his fall, when it was found he had been sacrificing to the Others, all records of Night's King had been destroyed, his very name forbidden.

13th L.C. who had served for 13 years. 13 is going to take us on a journey

The Black Gate, Sam had called it, but it wasn't black at all.

It was white weirwood, and there was a face on it.

A glow came from the wood, like milk and moonlight, so faint it scarcely seemed to touch anything beyond the door itself, not even Sam standing right before itThe door opened its eyes.

"Who are you?" the door asked,

"I am the sword in the darkness," Samwell Tarly said. "I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers. I am the shield that guards the realms of men."

So after telling the story of the Night's King

A Game of Thrones - Jon VI

"Hear my words, and bear witness to my vow," they recited, their voices filling the twilit grove. "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

They pass the Blackgate to go North of the Wall.

They were white too, and blind. "Who are you?" the door asked, and the well whispered, "Who-who-who-who-who-who-who."

"I am the sword in the darkness," Samwell Tarly said. "I am the watcher on the wallsI am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers. I am the shield that guards the realms of men."

"Then pass," the door said. Its lips opened, wide and wider and wider still, until nothing at all remained but a great gaping mouth in a ring of wrinkles

This Gate, which we’ll discuss soon, was closed in the time of Alysanne and Jaehaerys, and Bael the Bard. So the oaths of the Night’s Watch, were changed in the time of Bael the Bard.

A Dance with Dragons - Bran I

Their cloaks were black. Like your hands." Coldhands said nothing. "Who are you? Why are your hands black?"

The ranger studied his hands as if he had never noticed them before. "Once the heart has ceased to beat, a man's blood runs down into his extremities, where it thickens and congeals." His voice rattled in his throat, as thin and gaunt as he was. "His hands and feet swell up and turn as black as pudding. The rest of him becomes as white as milk."

Meera Reed rose, her frog spear in her hand, a chunk of smoking meat still impaled upon its tines. "Show us your face."

The ranger made no move to obey.

"He's dead." Bran could taste the bile in his throat. "Meera, he's some dead thing. The monsters cannot pass so long as the Wall stands and the men of the Night's Watch stay true, that's what Old Nan used to say. He came to meet us at the Wall, but he could not pass. He sent Sam instead, with that wildling girl."

Meera's gloved hand tightened around the shaft of her frog spear. "Who sent you? Who is this three-eyed crow?"

"A friend. Dreamer, wizard, call him what you will. The last greenseer." The longhall's wooden door banged open. Outside, the night wind howled, bleak and black. The trees were full of ravens, screaming. Coldhands did not move.

"A monster," Bran said.

The ranger looked at Bran as if the rest of them did not exist. "Your monster, Brandon Stark."

To meet the Last Greenseerer, Bloodraven, the Night's King. Who used Cold Hands as Bran uses Hodor.

Seated on his throne of roots in the great cavern, half-corpse and half-tree, Lord Brynden seemed less a man than some ghastly statue made of twisted wood, old bone, and rotted wool. The only thing that looked alive in the pale ruin that was his face was his one red eye, burning like the last coal in a dead fire, surrounded by twisted roots and tatters of leathery white skin hanging off a yellowed skull.

The sight of him still frightened Bran—the weirwood roots snaking in and out of his withered flesh, the mushrooms sprouting from his cheeks, the white wooden worm that grew from the socket where one eye had been. He liked it better when the torches were put out. In the dark he could pretend that it was the three-eyed crow who whispered to him and not some grisly talking corpse.

A dead talking corpse

The World of Ice and Fire - The Targaryen Kings: Aegon V

Bloodraven would rise to become Lord Commander of the Night's Watch in 239 AC, serving until his disappearance during a ranging beyond the Wall in 252 AC.

298th- Jon Snow         299-300ac     1yr

297th- Jeor Mormont   288-299ac     11 yrs

996th- Qorgyle            252-288ac      36 yrs  (Person of interest under the time of Roberts Rebellion and service of Mance.)

995th- Bloodraven      239-252ac       13 years...... wait a min.

994th- Sleepy Jack     226-239ac became known as from Jack Musgood after Raymund Redbeard King beyond the Wall snuck south

Wait a min…. Bloodraven served for 13 years….

A Dance with Dragons - Jon II

Those old histories are full of kings who reigned for hundreds of years, and knights riding around a thousand years before there were knights. You know the tales, Brandon the Builder, Symeon Star-Eyes, Night's King … we say that you're the nine-hundred-and-ninety-eighth LordCommander of the Night's Watch,

What’s 9+9-5=?

298th- Jon Snow         299-300ac     1yr

297th- Jeor Mormont   288-299ac     11 yrs

996th- Qorgyle            252-288ac      36 yrs  (Person of interest under the time of Roberts Rebellion and service of Mance.)

995th- Bloodraven      239-252ac       13 years...... wait a min.

994th- Sleepy Jack     226-239ac became known as from Jack Musgood after Raymund Redbeard King beyond the Wall snuck south

What is 9 + 9 - 5? 13

I find it interesting that Bran mentions this story too just before passing beyond the Black Gate and possibly meeting the Night's King. The Last Greenseerer.

Another interesting thing.

1. Aegon I   

2 Aenys I

3 Maegor I

4 Jaehaerys I & Alysanne 1  who closed Night fort and changed watch                          1. Aegon

5 Viserys I                         2                                                                                              2. Maegor I, Aenys I

6 Aegon II                         3                                                                                               3 Jaehaerys I

7 Aegon III                        4                                                                                               4. Generation skipped over

8 Daeron I                         5                                                                                               4 Viserys I 

9 Baelor I                          6                                                                                               6 Aegon II

10 Viserys II                     7                                                                                               7 Viserys II, Aegon III

11 Aegon IV                     8                                                                                                8 Aegon IV Baelor I Daeron I

12 Daeron II                     9                                                                                                9 Daeron II

13 Aerys I                        10                                                                                              10 Aerys I, Maekar I

14 Maekar I                      11                                                                                              11 Aegon V

15 Aegon V                      12                                                                                               12 Jaeharerys

16 Jaehaerys II                13   The 2nd who wed his kids on word of woods witch            13. Aerys II

17 Aerys II   

of Night's King. He had been the thirteenth man to lead the Night's Watch,

For thirteen years they had ruled, Night's King and his corpse queen.

Bloodraven, the 13th L.C since Aegon or Jaehaerys the I. Who served for 13 years.

So what is going on? Why does GRRM seem to be calling our attention back to Aegon the Conqueror and Jaehaerys I

Well the histories would tell us one thing, though the clues would suggest something more.

A Game of Thrones - Jon VIII

"They kept their pledge. When Aegon slew Black Harren and claimed his kingdom, Harren's brother was Lord Commander on the Wall, with ten thousand swords to hand. He did not march.

This would mean that Harren held the God’s Eye, and his unlisted brother would’ve held The Nightfort and the Black Gate.

And so this leads us back to the time of Aegon the Conqueror, Jaehaerys I and Alysanne, who slept with Bael the Bard and had a winter child.

Key to Tree

I= Descends down to

I-------I = Siblings

=======   = had children with

Hawyn Hardhand

I

Halleck Hoare 

I

I-----------------------------I                                                                    I--------------------I

Hoare                           Harren the Black     vs  Aegon the     Torrehn Stark   Brandon Snow 

Lord Commander        Holds the God's Eye     Conqueror              I       seen in vision cutting

at Nightfort                                                            I                           I      an arrow who offered his

I                           I            bro to kill Aegon I

I-------------I                  I               

Warrior’s Sons & Faith of 7 Vs     Aenys       Maegor         I--------------I            I------------I

(Harren the Red  Died       Reign 37 AC                       (Sons  Daugher=Ronnel  Jonos

In 37 AC, at near                 - 42 A                         speak of rebellion)       I

the Gods Eye)                         I                                            I                Rodrik===Daella Targ

I                                            I

I------------------------I                 I----------------------------------I

Jaehaerys      I       Alysanne===Ellard Stark?                 Stark female===Bael

(34-103)       I         (36-99)      I      At council of 101                               I     the Bard   

Reign 48 AC - 103 AC      I                           I                                                                 I     -92Ac                         

I                          I                                                                  I       Frozen

I----------------I-------------------I                         I                                                                  I      Ford

Baelon=====Alyssa        Daella ===Rodrik        I                                                                 I 

I                                          I                      I                                                                 I

I------------------I                                         I                     I                                                                 I

Daemon     Viserys ============Aemma Aeryn           I                                                                 I     

Alicent Hightower                 I                                           I                                                                 I   

I------------------------------------I                                           I                                                                 I

Aegon II   Rhaenyra Targaryen Born In 97 AC                  I                                                                 I

I                                                                                      I-----------------------------------------------------I

I                         A Traveling singer ===== Gael The Winter child                   Son who faced Bael== Unknown

I                                                             I       62 Ac at Queens Crown                 Born in the Crypts  I    Stark

I                                                             I           -99ac Birthed at 19                                                       I

I                                                             I                                                                                        House Stark

I                                    Daemon Targaryen the Rogue Prince                                                   

I                                    Born in 81ac and died 130 Ac at the God's Eye=====Rhaenyra Targaryen 

I                                                                                                                       I

I                                                                                                       I--------------------------I

I                                                                                               Aegon III                      Viserys II===Larra Rogare

I                                                                                                                                                      I

I                                                                                                                            I---------------I------------------I

Daena the Defiant======================================Aegon IV unworthy  Naerys=====Aemon

I                                                                                           I

House Blackfyre                                                                   House Targaryen

So now lets take a look at Bael the Bard 

Bael & Stark Daughter & Queen Alyssane & Stark Lord = Gael the Winter child and a son who faced Bael in 92Ac in the War at the Wall. The war of 92Ac----------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

The World of Ice and Fire - The Targaryen Kings: Viserys I

That measure was not stringent enough, however, and as 128 ended and 129 began, Viserys was growing increasingly ill.

On the third day of the third moon of 129 AC, while entertaining Jaehaerys and Jaehaera from his bed with a tale of their great-great-grandsire and his queen battling giants, mammoths, and wildlings beyond the Wall, the king grew tired. 

Why was Jaehaerys I and Alysanne fighting Giants, Mammoths, and Wildlings north of the Wall? With Alysanne giving the Night’s Watch the New Gift, and closing the Night’s Fort?

Ill tell you why, Bael the Bard and the Rose he plucked and the Queen and her baby too.

Here ill show you the clues that I think hint at a war on the wall in Jaehaerys’ time, in which Alysanne cheated on him with a Stark Lord and Bael who slept with a Stark daughter.

A Clash of Kings - Jon VI

Stonesnake gave a snort. "A murderer, robber, and raper, is what you mean."

"That's all in where you're standing too," Ygritte said. "The Stark in Winterfell wanted Bael's head, but never could take him, and the taste o' failure galled him. One day in his bitterness he called Bael a craven who preyed only on the weak. When word o' that got back, Bael vowed to teach the lord a lesson. So he scaled the Wall, skipped down the kingsroad, and walked into Winterfell one winter's night with harp in hand, naming himself Sygerrik of Skagos. Sygerrik means 'deceiver' in the Old Tongue, that the First Men spoke, and the giants still speak."

"North or south, singers always find a ready welcome, so Bael ate at Lord Stark's own table, and played for the lord in his high seat until half the night was gone. The old songs he played, and new ones he'd made himself, and he played and sang so well that when he was done, the lord offered to let him name his own reward. 'All I ask is a flower,' Bael answered, 'the fairest flower that blooms in the gardens o' Winterfell.'"

"Now as it happened the winter roses had only then come into bloom, and no flower is so rare nor precious. So the Stark sent to his glass gardens and commanded that the most beautiful o' the winter roses be plucked for the singer's payment. And so it was done. But when morning come, the singer had vanished . . . and so had Lord Brandon's maiden daughter. Her bed they found empty, but for the pale blue rose that Bael had left on the pillow where her head had lain."

Jon had never heard this tale before. "Which Brandon was this supposed to be? Brandon the Builder lived in the Age of Heroes, thousands of years before Bael. There was Brandon the Burner and his father Brandon the Shipwright, but—"

"This was Brandon the Daughterless," Ygritte said sharply. "Would you hear the tale, or no?"

He scowled. "Go on."

"Lord Brandon had no other children. At his behest, the black crows flew forth from their castles in the hundreds, but nowhere could they find any sign o' Baelor this maid. For most a year they searched, till the lord lost heart and took to his bed, and it seemed as though the line o' Starks was at its end. But one night as he lay waiting to die, Lord Brandon heard a child's cry. He followed the sound and found his daughter back in her bedchamber, asleep with a babe at her breast."

"Bael had brought her back?"

"No. They had been in Winterfell all the time, hiding with the dead beneath the castle. The maid loved Bael so dearly she bore him a son, the song says . . . though if truth be told, all the maids love Bael in them songs he wrote. Be that as it may, what's certain is that Bael left the child in payment for the rose he'd plucked unasked, and that the boy grew to be the next Lord Stark. So there it is—you have Bael's blood in you, same as me."

"It never happened," Jon said.

She shrugged. "Might be it did, might be it didn't. It is a good song, though. My mother used to sing it to me. She was a woman too, Jon Snow. Like yours." She rubbed her throat where his dirk had cut her. "The song ends when they find the babe, but there is a darker end to the story. Thirty years later, when Bael was King-beyond-the-Wall and led the free folk south, it was young Lord Stark who met him at the Frozen Ford . . . and killed him, for Bael would not harm his own son when they met sword to sword."

"So the son slew the father instead," said Jon.

"Aye," she said, "but the gods hate kinslayers, even when they kill unknowing. When Lord Stark returned from the battle and his mother saw Bael's head upon his spear, she threw herself from a tower in her grief. Her son did not long outlive her. One o' his lords peeled the skin off him and wore him for a cloak."

"Your Bael was a liar," he told her, certain now.

And yet, Jon knows nothing. The Boltons never gave it up. Further, like the faceless men, they are balancing the death life ratio.

A Storm of Swords - Jon III

Jon sat up. "Ygritte, I never stole you."

"Aye, you did. You jumped down the mountain and killed Orell, and afore I could get my axe you had a knife at my throat. I thought you'd have me then, or kill me, or maybe both, but you never did. And when I told you the tale o' Bael the Bard and how he plucked the rose o' Winterfell, I thought you'd know to pluck me then for certain, but you didn't. You know nothing, Jon Snow." She gave him a shy smile. "You might be learning some, though."

The World of Ice and Fire - The Wall and Beyond: The Wildlings

After him, centuries later, came Bael the Bard, whose songs are still sung beyond the Wall...but there are questions as to whether he truly existed or not. The wildlings say he did and credit many songs to his name, but the old chronicles of Winterfell say nothing of him. Whether this was due to the defeats and humiliations he was said to have visited upon them (including, according to one improbable story, deflowering a Stark maid and getting her with child) or because he never existed, we cannot truly say.

As both Brandon and his grandson are given the title "Lord" instead of "King" this seems to indicate that the disappearance of Brandon's daughter took place after the Starks had given up their kingship during Aegon's Conquest.[3] Additionally, the Kingsroad is mentioned, implying it took place during or after the reign of Jaehaerys I Targaryen, during whose reign the Kingsroad was build.[4]

So there was a war in the North between The Starks and the King Beyond the Wall, in which the Stark was fighting his father unknowingly and was flayed by a Bolton for breaking Kin Slaying laws. At the earliest it could have happened was under King Jaehaerys?

The World of Ice and Fire - The Targaryen Kings: Viserys I

That measure was not stringent enough, however, and as 128 ended and 129 began, Viserys was growing increasingly ill.

On the third day of the third moon of 129 AC, while entertaining Jaehaerys and Jaehaera from his bed with a tale of their great-great-grandsire and his queen battling giants, mammoths, and wildlings beyond the Wall, the king grew tired. 

Why was Jaehaerys I and Alysanne fighting Giants, Mammoths, and Wildlings north of the Wall? With Alysanne giving the Night’s Watch the New Gift, and closing the Night’s Fort? 

Could it be possible that Jaehaerys and Alysanne took part in this war with their Dragons?

Which Stark was it and what happened?

The World of Ice and Fire - The North: The Lords of Winterfell

Though Torrhen Stark had given up the ancient crown of the Kings of Winter, his sons were less glad of the Targaryen yoke, and some among them entertained talk of rebelling, and of raising the Stark banner whether Lord Torrhen consented or not.

We Know who was king around the time of Jaehaery’s death. So Ellard Stark im guessing is the son who was flayed by a Bolton? Or the Stark who took over after that.

Ellard Stark was a Lord of Winterfell and head of House Stark during the reign of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen.

History

At the Great Council of 101 AC, Ellard supported first Rhaenys Targaryen[3] and then her son, Laenor Velaryon.[1]This may have been because House Stark was angry with King Jaehaerys I Targaryen for earlier transferring the New Gift from northern control to the Night's Watch.[2] Prince Viserys Targaryen, Rhaenys's cousin, was chosen by the assembled lords as the new heir, however.

The Next Stark Lords in the Tree go in chronological order, Benjen, Rickon, and Cregan who fought in the Dance of the Dragons.

Behind the Scenes

Earlier prints of The World of Ice & Fire state that Lord Ellard Stark was the lord who had been forced to give up the lands that would become known as the New Gift.[2] However, it has been confirmed that this is an error,[4] and that the statement would be replaced by "the Starks were glad" in later prints, leaving it unknown for the time being which Stark had been the lord in question

A Storm of Swords - Daenerys I

"Balerion the Black Dread was two hundred years old when he died during the reign of Jaehaerys the Conciliator.

I wonder if Balerion took part In the Battle. I like to think Aegon and Maegor took their second life in Balerion.

Queen’s Crown-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All About Birth Crowning - Parents Magazine 

"Once you can see the head and it doesn't slip back in, that's crowning,"

A Storm of Swords - Jon V

Across the lake, the tower was black again, a dim shape dimly seen. "A queen lived there?" asked Ygritte.

"A queen stayed there for a night." Old Nan had told him the story, but Maester Luwin had confirmed most of it. "Alysanne, the wife of King Jaehaerys the Conciliator. He's called the Old King because he reigned so long, but he was young when he first came to the Iron Throne. In those days, it was his wont to travel all over the realm. When he came to Winterfell, he brought his queen, six dragons, and half his court. The king had matters to discuss with his Warden of the North, and Alysanne grew bored, so she mounted her dragon Silverwing and flew north to see the Wall. This village was one of the places where she stopped. Afterward the smallfolk painted the top of their holdfast to look like the golden crown she'd worn when she spent the night among them."

"I have never seen a dragon."

Could a Stark lord have actually slept with Alysanne???

A Feast for Crows - Samwell I

There were dragons here two hundred years ago, Sam found himself thinking, as he watched the cage making a slow descent. They would just have flown to the top of the Wall. Queen Alysanne had visited Castle Black on her dragon, and Jaehaerys, her king, had come after her on his own. Could Silverwing have left an egg behind?

Came after her for war with the King beyond the Wall?

A Feast for Crows - Jaime IV

"The new High Septon has revived them. He's sent out a call for worthy knights to pledge their lives and swords to the service of the Seven. The Poor Fellows are to be restored as well."

"Why would the Iron Throne allow that?" One of the early Targaryen kings had fought for years to suppress the two military orders, Jaime recalled, though he did not remember which. Maegor, perhaps, or the first Jaehaerys.

Maegor, Aenys, and Jaehaerys who ended it. Which is interesting to consider also. A religious war in the south with the Warrior’s sons who have been disbanded since then. Which ened possibly around the time of the War at the Wall that Jaehaerys also possibly was involved in.

A Feast for Crows - Jaime V

And when Aegon died and the lords rose up against his sons, both orders were in the thick of that rebellion. The more pious lords supported them, and many of the smallfolk. King Maegor finally had to put a bounty on them. He paid a dragon for the head of any unrepentant Warrior's Son, and a silver stag for the scalp of a Poor Fellow, if I recall my history. Thousands were slain, but nigh as many still roamed the realm, defiant, until the Iron Throne slew Maegor and King Jaehaerys agreed to pardon all those who would set aside their swords."

A Feast for Crows - Cersei X

The High Sparrow steepled his thin hands. "I have had the selfsame thought, Your Grace. Just as Maegor the Cruel once took the swords from the Faith, so Jaehaerys the Conciliator deprived us of the scales of judgment.

So the Faith and Jaehaerys were definitely at odds.

A Dance with Dragons - Tyrion IV

He was less hopeful concerning Septon Barth's Dragons, Wyrms, and Wyverns: Their Unnatural History. Barth had been a blacksmith's son who rose to be King's Hand during the reign of Jaehaerys the Conciliator. His enemies always claimed he was more sorcerer than septon. Baelor the Blessed had ordered all Barth's writings destroyed when he came to the Iron Throne. Ten years ago, Tyrion had read a fragment of Unnatural History that had eluded the Blessed Baelor, but he doubted that any of Barth's work had found its way across the narrow sea. And of course there was even less chance of his coming on the fragmentary, anonymous, blood-soaked tome sometimes called Blood and Fire and sometimes The Death of Dragons, the only surviving copy of which was supposedly hidden away in a locked vault beneath the Citadel.

So Sorceror Septon Barth of the Faith, took notes on Dragons, that are now locked away at the citadel.

A Dance with Dragons - Reek III

. Such was my due. The maesters will tell you that King Jaehaerys abolished the lord's right to the first night to appease his shrewish queen, but where the old gods rule, old customs linger. The Umbers keep the first night too, deny it as they may. Certain of the mountain clans as well, and on Skagos … well, only heart trees ever see half of what they do on Skagos.

And why would Jaehaerys be opposed to Bride Stealing?

A Storm of Swords - Jon V

"Queen Alysanne, you say?"

"Good Queen Alysanne, they called her later. One of the castles on the Wall was named for her as well. Queensgate. Before her visit they called it Snowgate."

Who were they? They called her Good Queen Alysanne after. Are they, the Citidel and Septons who have hid this all from the records?

So Bael and the Queen's activities would have happened when they were younger, and then 30 years later the war.

The World of Ice and Fire - The Targaryen Kings: Jaehaerys I

For forty-six years, the Old King and Good Queen Alysanne were wed, and for the most part it was a happy marriage, with children and grandchildren aplenty.

Two estrangements are recorded, but they did not last more than a year or two before the pair resumed their customary friendship. The Second Quarrel, however, is of note, as it was due to Jaehaerys's decision in 92 AC to pass over his granddaughter Rhaenys—the daughter of his deceased eldest son and heir, Prince Aemon—in favor of bestowing Dragonstone and the place of heir apparent on his next eldest son, Baelon the Brave. Alysanne saw no reason why a man should be favored over a woman...and if Jaehaerys thought women of less use, then he would have no need of her. They reconciled in time, but the Old King outlived his beloved queen, and in his last years it was said that the grief of their parting hung over his court like a pall.

So what ever that first quarrel was, it happened earlier in their relationship

I think some of the current narratives are meant to clue us in

Bran's throat was very dry. He swallowed. "Winterfell. I was back in Winterfell. I saw my father. He's not dead, he's not, I saw him, he's back at Winterfell, he's still alive."

"No," said Leaf. "He is gone, boy. Do not seek to call him back from death."

"I saw him." Bran could feel rough wood pressing against one cheek. "He was cleaning Ice."

"You saw what you wished to see. Your heart yearns for your father and your home, so that is what you saw."

Quick Note. Why is there wood pressing into Bran's Cheek suddenly???? O.o

Bran then, is done with the Tree, and goes to lay down and wait for Meera and Jojen. Then something really interesting happens. He begins to time travel through vision,  without the Tree…

. He had hoped that Meera and Jojen would be there, so he could tell them what he had seen, but their snug alcove in the rock was cold and empty. Hodor eased Bran down onto his bed, covered him with furs, and made a fire for them. A thousand eyes, a hundred skins, wisdom deep as the roots of ancient trees.

Watching the flames, Bran decided he would stay awake till Meera came back. Jojen would be unhappy, he knew, but Meera would be glad for him, He did not remember closing his eyes.

… but then somehow he was back at Winterfell again, in the godswood looking down upon his father. Lord Eddard seemed much younger this time. His hairwas brown, with no hint of grey in it, his head bowed. "… let them grow up close as brothers, with only love between them," he prayed, "and let my lady wifefind it in her heart to forgive …"

"Father." Bran's voice was a whisper in the wind, a rustle in the leaves. "Father, it's me. It's Bran. Brandon."

Eddard Stark resumed his prayer. Bran felt his eyes fill up with tears. But were they his own tears, or the weirwood's? If I cry, will the tree begin to weep?

The rest of his father's words were drowned out by a sudden clatter of wood on wood. Eddard Stark dissolved, like mist in a morning sun. Now two children danced across the godswood, hooting at one another as they dueled with broken branches. The girl was the older and taller of the two. Arya! Bran thought eagerly, as he watched her leap up onto a rock and cut at the boy. But that couldn't be right. If the girl was Arya, the boy was Bran himself, and he had never worn his hair so long. And Arya never beat me playing swords, the way that girl is beating him. She slashed the boy across his thigh, so hard that his leg went out from under him and he fell into the pool and began to splash and shout. "You be quiet, stupid," the girl said, tossing her own branch aside. "It's just water. Do you want Old Nan to hear and run tell Father?" She knelt and pulled her brother from the pool, but before she got him out again, the two of them were gone.

After that the glimpses came faster and faster, till Bran was feeling lost and dizzy. He saw no more of his father, nor the girl who looked like Arya, but a woman heavy with child emerged naked and dripping from the black pool, knelt before the tree, and begged the old gods for a son who would avenge her. Then there came a brown-haired girl slender as a spear who stood on the tips of her toes to kiss the lips of a young knight as tall as Hodor. A dark-eyed youth, pale and fierce, sliced three branches off the weirwood and shaped them into arrows. The tree itself was shrinking, growing smaller with each vision, whilst the lesser trees dwindled into saplings and vanished, only to be replaced by other trees that would dwindle and vanish in their turn. And now the lords Bran glimpsed were tall and hard, stern men in fur and chain mail. Some wore faces he remembered from the statues in the crypts, but they were gone before he could put a name to them.

Wait, did Bran just time travel in visions without the Trees????? I should point out that Bran dozes off or goes into a trance while watching the flames, something that Melisandre does. Who even see's Bran in her fires. Could she be seeing him in this moment? Like they were a two way mirror of sorts? Almost like the Glass Candles and how they may possibly work? 

Then, as he watched, a bearded man forced a captive down onto his knees before the heart tree. A white-haired woman stepped toward them through a drift of dark red leaves, a bronze sickle in her hand.

"No," said Bran, "no, don't," but they could not hear him, no more than his father had. The woman grabbed the captive by the hair, hooked the sickle round his throat, and slashed. And through the mist of centuries the broken boy could only watch as the man's feet drummed against the earth … but as his life flowed out of him in a red tide, Brandon Stark could taste the blood.

Did Bran see Good Queen Alysanne already?

The World of Ice and Fire - The North: The Lords of Winterfell

After the Conquest and the unification of the Seven Kingdoms, the Starks became Wardens of the North rather than kings, swearing their fealty to the Iron Throne, yet remained supreme within their own domains in all but name. Though Torrhen Stark had given up the ancient crown of the Kings of Winter, his sons were less glad of the Targaryen yoke, and some among them entertained talk of rebelling, and of raising the Stark banner whether Lord Torrhen consented or not.

Whether anti-Targaryen feelings were made worse by Queen Rhaenys Targaryen's efforts to knit together the new, single realm with marriages between the great houses is left to the reader to consider. That Torrhen Stark's daughter was wed to the young and ill-fated Lord of the Vale is wellknown; it was one of the many peace- binding marriages forged by Rhaenys. But there are letters preserved at the Citadel suggesting that Stark accepted these arrangements only after much protest, and that the bride's brothers refused to attend the wedding entirely.

Later still, it was said that the Starks were bitter at the Old King and Queen Alysanne for having forced them to carve away the New Gift and give it the Night's Watch; this may be one reason for why Lord Ellard Stark sided with Corlys Velaryon and Princess Rhaenys at the Great Council of 101 AC.

So Torrhen had a daughter too i need to include who married into House Arryn .  Plus Brandon Snow, the kings bastard half brother. Who like alot of bastard, may have served at the Wall too

His bastard brother Brandon Snow offered to cross the Trident alone at night, to sneak into the Targaryen camp and assassinate the dragons while they slept. However, instead Torrhen sent Brandon and three maesters across the river to negotiate with Aegon, and the next day knelt and swore fealty.

In the end, Torrhen did send his bastard brother to Aegon's camp, accompanied by three maesters, to treat with Aegon. The entire night, messages went back and forth, and the next morning, Torrhen crossed the Trident, where he knelt and laid his crown at the feet of Aegon I Targaryen, and swore fealty.

Brandon who offered to go alone and kill the Targaryens, possibly with three weirwood arrows, as Bloodraven uses.

After that the glimpses came faster and faster, till Bran was feeling lost and dizzy. He saw no more of his father, nor the girl who looked like Arya, but a woman heavy with child emerged naked and dripping from the black pool, knelt before the tree, and begged the old gods for a son who would avenge her. Then there came a brown-haired girl slender as a spear who stood on the tips of her toes to kiss the lips of a young knight as tall as Hodor. A dark-eyed youth, pale and fierce, sliced three branches off the weirwood and shaped them into arrows. The tree itself was shrinking, growing smaller with each vision, whilst the lesser trees dwindled into saplings and vanished, only to be replaced by other trees that would dwindle and vanish in their turn. And now the lords Bran glimpsed were tall and hard, stern men in fur and chain mail. Some wore faces he remembered from the statues in the crypts, but they were gone before he could put a name to them.

Then, as he watched, a bearded man forced a captive down onto his knees before the heart tree. A white-haired woman stepped toward them through a driftof dark red leaves, a bronze sickle in her hand.

"No," said Bran, "no, don't," but they could not hear him, no more than his father had. The woman grabbed the captive by the hair, hooked the sickle round his throat, and slashed. And through the mist of centuries the broken boy could only watch as the man's feet drummed against the earth … but as his life flowed out of him in a red tide, Brandon Stark could taste the blood.

Are the visions showing him Bran not just Alysanne (The White haired woman never desribed as old) but also Brandon snow before this readying to kill Aegon and his sisters? 

PRINCESS GAEL (called the Winter Child)

Simple-minded but sweet, Gael was most beloved of the queen. She disappeared from court in 99 AC, allegedly dying of a summer fever, but in fact she had drowned herself in the Blackwater after having been seduced and abandoned by a traveling singer, leaving her with nothing but a growing belly. In her grief, Queen Alysanne would die within a year after Gael's death.

Gael Targaryen BornIn or between 62 AC and 83 AC  

Princess Gael Targaryen was the thirteenth child of King Jaehaerys I Targaryen and Queen Alysanne Targaryen.[2]Born during winter, Gael was also called the Winter Child.

So if that is the case then Alysanne would be 26 (reasonable) around the time of conception/birth. So 30 years later would be the year 92 AC right?

92 AC: Choosing of 92 AC: With the death of King Jaehaerys I's eldest son and heir, Prince Aemon, King Jaehaerys needs name a new heir, choosing between Aemon’s only child, Princess Rhaenys, and Jaehaerys's own second son, Prince Baelon. Jaehaerys eventually names Baelon.[24]

The World of Ice and Fire - The Targaryen Kings: Jaehaerys I

For forty-six years, the Old King and Good Queen Alysanne were wed, and for the most part it was a happy marriage, with children and grandchildren aplenty.

Two estrangements are recorded, but they did not last more than a year or two before the pair resumed their customary friendship. The Second Quarrel, however, is of note, as it was due to Jaehaerys's decision in 92 AC to pass over his granddaughter Rhaenys—

The Frozen Ford was the site in the north where, according to song, House Stark met the free folk in battle when they went south of the WallBael the Bard, the King-beyond-the-Wall, met his son, the young Lord Stark, at the Frozen Ford and died there rather than kill his son.

Frozen Ford = Deep Lake?

"This seems an old place," Jojen said as they walked down a gallery where the sunlight fell in dusty shafts through empty windows.

"Twice as old as Castle Black," Bran said, remembering. "It was the first castle on the Wall, and the largest." But it had also been the first abandoned, all the way back in the time of the Old King. Even then it had been three-quarters empty and too costly to maintain. Good Queen Alysanne had suggested that the Watch replace it with a smaller, newer castle at a spot only seven miles east, where the Wall curved along the shore of a beautiful green lake. Deep Lake had been paid for by the queen's jewels and built by the men the Old King had sent north, and the black brothers had abandoned the Nightfort to the rats. 

Key to Tree

I= Descends down to

I-------I = Siblings

Hawyn Hardhand

I

Halleck Hoare 

I

I-----------------------------I                                                                    I--------------------I

Hoare                           Harren the Black     vs  Aegon the     Torrehn Stark   Brandon Snow 

Lord Commander        Holds the God's Eye     Conqueror              I       seen in vision cutting

at Nightfort                                                            I                           I      an arrow who offered his

Warrior’s Sons & Faith of 7 Vs     Aenys       Maegor         I--------------I            I------------I

(Harren the Red  Died       Reign 37 AC                       (Sons  Daugher=Ronnel  Jonos

In 37 AC, at near                 - 42 A                         speak of rebellion)       I

the Gods Eye)                         I                                            I                Rodrik===Daella Targ

Jaehaerys      I       Alysanne===Ellard Stark?                 Stark female===Bael

(34-103)       I         (36-99)      I      At council of 101                               I     the Bard   

Reign 48 AC - 103 AC      I                           I                                                                 I     -92Ac                         

I                          I                                                                  I       Frozen

I----------------I-------------------I                         I                                                                  I      Ford

Baelon=====Alyssa        Daella ===Rodrik        I                                                                 I 

I                                          I                      I                                                                 I

I------------------I                                         I                     I                                                                 I

Daemon     Viserys ============Aemma Aeryn           I                                                                 I     

Alicent Hightower                 I                                           I                                                                 I   

I------------------------------------I                                           I                                                                 I

Aegon II   Rhaenyra Targaryen Born In 97 AC                  I                                                                 I

I                                                                                      I-----------------------------------------------------I

I                         A Traveling singer ===== Gael The Winter child                   Son who faced Bael== Unknown

I                                                             I       62 Ac at Queens Crown                 Born in the Crypts  I    Stark

I                                                             I           -99ac Birthed at 19                                                       I

I                                                             I                                                                                        House Stark

I                                    Born in 81ac and died 130 Ac at the God's Eye=====Rhaenyra Targaryen 

I                                                                                                                       I

I                                                                                                       I--------------------------I

I                                                                                               Aegon III                      Viserys II===Larra Rogare

I                                                                                                                                                      I

I                                                                                                                            I---------------I------------------I

Daena the Defiant======================================Aegon IV unworthy  Naerys=====Aemon

I                                                                                           I

House Blackfyre                                                                   House Targaryen

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/150035-the-reason-we-dance-to-rhaenyra-and-daemon/

Year 99 After the Conquest

Deaths

Year 100 After the Conquest

Events

Year 101 After the Conquest

Deaths

Events

Year 103 After the Conquest

Deaths

Events

The Rogue Prince

The Blacks and the Greens- The Dance of the Dragons

Year 129 After the Conquest

Main article: 129 AC

The year 129 AC saw, with the death of King Viserys I Targaryen, the war that had been brewing for many years: the Dance of the Dragons, where brother fought sister, and dragon fought dragon. The Dance saw many deaths, and would last until mid 131 AC.

The War was in 92 Ac.

Thanks for the catch on Frozen Ford and Gael by @LiveFirstDieLater

Thank you to @PrettyPig for mentioning this about Lyanna and Ashara being sisters. 

I haven’t read those threads, but yes, I agree that both girls were involved.  I have done a ton of work on this for a Fisherman’s Daughter theory and am 100% certain that Lyanna and Ashara are “sisters” in a sense, and Rhaegar has something to do with both of them.   So does Ned, also in a weird parallel to Aegon and his sisters.

A Game of Thrones - Sansa IV

Sansa had wept too, the first day. Even within the stout walls of Maegor's Holdfast, with her door closed and barred, it was hard not to be terrified when the killing began. She had grown up to the sound of steel in the yard, and scarcely a day of her life had passed without hearing the clash of sword on sword, yet somehow knowing that the fighting was real made all the difference in the world. She heard it as she had never heard it before, and there were other sounds as well, grunts of pain, angry curses, shouts for help, and the moans of wounded and dying men. In the songs, the knights never screamed nor begged for mercy.

So she wept, pleading through her door for them to tell her what was happening, calling for her father, for Septa Mordane, for the king, for her gallant prince. If the men guarding her heard her pleas, they gave no answer. The only time the door opened was late that night, when they thrust Jeyne Poole inside, bruised and shaking. "They're killing everyone," the steward's daughter had shrieked at her. She went on and on. The Hound had broken down her door with a warhammer, she said. There were bodies on the stair of the Tower of the Hand, and the steps were slick with blood. Sansa dried her own tears as she struggled to comfort her friend. They went to sleep in the same bed, cradled in each other's arms like sisters.

Think you just helped me find my mirror for them

Peter who seems to be mimicking Bael the Bard. What does Peter know?

And what does peter do with Jeyne Poole?

Jeyne's father, Vayon Poole, died in the massacre and she is given over to Little finger, who says he will find a place for her.[6]

They pin a wolf brooch on her and send her north to wed Roose Bolton's legitimized bastard, Ramsay Bolton, in order to cement their claim to Winterfell.

A Clash of Kings - Sansa IV

The knife plunged into her belly and tore and tore and tore, until there was nothing left of her down there but shiny wet ribbons.

A Feast for Crows - Cersei II

." Her cousin's eyes were wet and shiny, a child's eyes in an old man's face. 

A Game of Thrones - Catelyn VII

"Ser Vardis is hurt," Ser Rodrik said, his voice grave.

Catelyn did not need to be told; she had eyes, she could see the bright finger of blood running along the knight's forearm, the wetness inside the elbow joint. Every parry was a little slower and a little lower than the one before. Ser Vardis turned his side to his foe, trying to use his shield to block instead, but Bronn slid around him, quick as a cat. The sellsword seemed to be getting stronger. His cuts were leaving their marks now. Deep shiny gashes gleamed all over the knight's armor, on his right thigh, his beaked visor, crossing on his breastplate, a long one along the front of his gorget.

A Clash of Kings - Daenerys III

"No trick," a woman said in the Common Tongue.

Dany had not noticed Quaithe in the crowd, yet there she stood, eyes wet and shiny behind the implacable red lacquer mask. "What mean you, my lady?"

Is Quiathe Ashara Dayne? 

Quiathe is a shadow binder and i've already linked Melisandre to possibly being dead and the "Melony, Lot 7" is actually her remembering her past life as the Wight who attacked Mormont did, Beric Dondarrion, and Lady Stone Heart.

Jeyne is given over to Ramsey Bolton to be mutilated.

The tip of her nose becomes black from frostbite en route, and she will most likely lose a bit of her nose because of it.

Facially disfigured possibly.

Now i dont think Ashara was mutilated like this. She killed her self by jumping to her death. So she is disfigure by death. 

So Peter, knowing she kills her self, would see Jeyne Pooles role more or less full filled and of no use other that to serve as a pawn a little longer till her death.

Yet some how some one brought her back. Was it Melisandre, Shadow binder from Asshai? 

Indigo and Violet, Ashara and Lyanna

Jon, a Blue Rose, and the Dayne Heiress.-------------------------------

Spoiler

So this

Key to Tree

I= Descends down to

I-------I = Siblings

Hawyn Hardhand

I

Halleck Hoare 

I

I-------------------------------------I

Bael the Bard===== Stark Female                 Stark Male=====Alysanne Targaryen

I                                                                  I

son                                              Gael the Winter Child Tagaryen

Born in the Crypts                                     Born at Queens Crown Tower

Mirror Events should be then

I--------------------------------------------------I

Rhaegar or Mance ==== Lyanna Stark                                       Eddard or Brandon Stark=======Ashara Dayne

I                                                                                                               I

Jon Snow                                                                                          Daenerys Targaryen

Born in the Crypts?                                                                                 The Tower of Joy?

Game of Thrones - Catelyn II

When the wars were over at last, and Catelyn rode to Winterfell, Jon and his wet nurse had already taken up residence.

A Storm of Swords - Bran II

"That evening there was to be a feast in Harrenhal, to mark the opening of the tourney, and the she-wolf insisted that the lad attend. A black brother spoke, asking the knights to join the Night's Watch."

Some one from the Night's Watch was at Harrenhal asking for men

A Storm of Swords - Jon VIII

He dreamt he was back in Winterfell, limping past the stone kings on their thrones. Their grey granite eyes turned to follow him as he passed, and their grey granite fingers tightened on the hilts of the rusted swords upon their laps. You are no Stark, he could hear them mutter, in heavy granite voices. There is no place for you here. Go away. He walked deeper into the darkness. "Father?" he called. "Bran? Rickon?" No one answered. A chill wind was blowing on his neck. "Uncle?" he called. "Uncle Benjen? Father? Please, Father, help me." Up above he heard drums. They are feasting in the Great Hall, but I am not welcome there. I am no Stark, and this is not my place. His crutch slipped and he fell to his knees. The crypts were growing darker. A light has gone out somewhere. "Ygritte?" he whispered. "Forgive me. Please." But it was only a direwolf, grey and ghastly, spotted with blood, his golden eyes shining sadly through the dark . . 

The  Crypts are calling Jon to them, but also telling him there is no place for him there.

A Game of Thrones - Catelyn I

"Who else?" Ned lifted Ice, looked down the cool steel length of it. "And it will only grow worse. The day may come when I will have no choice but to call the banners and ride north to deal with this King-beyond-the-Wall for good and all."

"Beyond the Wall?" The thought made Catelyn shudder.

Ned saw the dread on her face. "Mance Rayder is nothing for us to fear."

"There are darker things beyond the Wall." She glanced behind her at the heart tree, the pale bark and red eyes, watching, listening, thinking its long slow thoughts.

His smile was gentle. "You listen to too many of Old Nan's stories. The Others are as dead as the children of the forest, gone eight thousand years. Maester Luwin will tell you they never lived at all. No living man has ever seen one."

So Eddard has dealt with him before?

A Game of Thrones - Jon I

"Take me with you when you go back to the Wall," Jon said in a sudden rush. "Father will give me leave to go if you ask him, I know he will."

Uncle Benjen studied his face carefully. "The Wall is a hard place for a boy, Jon."

"I am almost a man grown," Jon protested. "I will turn fifteen on my next name day, and Maester Luwin says bastards grow up faster than other children."

"I am almost a man grown," Jon protested. "I will turn fifteen on my next name day, and Maester Luwin says bastards grow up faster than other children."

"That's true enough," Benjen said with a downward twist of his mouth. He took Jon's cup from the table, filled it fresh from a nearby pitcher, and drank downa long swallow.

"Daeren Targaryen was only fourteen when he conquered Dorne," Jon said. The Young Dragon was one of his heroes.

"A conquest that lasted a summer," his uncle pointed out. "Your Boy King lost ten thousand men taking the place, and another fifty trying to hold it. Someone should have told him that war isn't a game." He took another sip of wine. "Also," he said, wiping his mouth, "Daeren Targaryen was only eighteen when he died. Or have you forgotten that part?"

"I forget nothing," Jon boasted. The wine was making him bold. He tried to sit very straight, to make himself seem taller. "I want to serve in the Night's Watch, Uncle."

He had thought on it long and hard, lying abed at night while his brothers slept around him. Robb would someday inherit Winterfell, would command great armies as the Warden of the North. Bran and Rickon would be Robb's bannermen and rule holdfasts in his name. His sisters Arya and Sansa would marry the heirs of other great houses and go south as mistress of castles of their own. But what place could a bastard hope to earn?

"You don't know what you're asking, Jon. The Night's Watch is a sworn brotherhood. We have no families. None of us will ever father sons. Our wife is duty. Our mistress is honor."

"A bastard can have honor too," Jon said. "I am ready to swear your oath."

"You are a boy of fourteen," Benjen said. "Not a man, not yet. Until you have known a woman, you cannot understand what you would be giving up."

"I don't care about that!" Jon said hotly.

"You might, if you knew what it meant," Benjen said. "If you knew what the oath would cost you, you might be less eager to pay the price, son."

Jon felt anger rise inside him. "I'm not your son!"

Benjen Stark stood up. "More's the pity." He put a hand on Jon's shoulder. "Come back to me after you've fathered a few bastards of your own, and we'll see how you feel."

Jon trembled. "I will never father a bastard," he said carefully. "Never!" He spat it out like venom.

Bejen who knew Mance Rayder and possibly what happened and who Jon's real father is.

A Game of Thrones - Catelyn II

His fury was on him. He might have said more, and worse, but Maester Luwin cut in. "Another solution presents itself," he said, his voice quiet. "Your brother Benjen came to me about Jon a few days ago. It seems the boy aspires to take the black."

Ned looked shocked. "He asked to join the Night's Watch?"

Catelyn said nothing. Let Ned work it out in his own mind; her voice would not be welcome now. Yet gladly would she have kissed the maester just then. His was the perfect solution. Benjen Stark was a Sworn Brother. Jon would be a son to him, the child he would never have. And in time the boy would take the oath as well. He would father no sons who might someday contest with Catelyn's own grandchildren for Winterfell.

Maester Luwin said, "There is great honor in service on the Wall, my lord."

"And even a bastard may rise high in the Night's Watch," Ned reflected. Still, his voice was troubled. "Jon is so young. If he asked this when he was a man grown, that would be one thing, but a boy of fourteen …"

"A hard sacrifice," Maester Luwin agreed. "Yet these are hard times, my lord. His road is no crueler than yours or your lady's."

Ned is shocked for good reason, and still his voice was troubled. Note that Benjen told Luwin rather than going to Eddard about it. Is something amiss between these two brothers as to why they're not speaking to each other?

A Dance with Dragons - Melisandre I

"The spell is made of shadow and suggestion. Men see what they expect to see. The bones are part of that." Was I wrong to spare this one? "If the glamor fails, they will kill you."

The wildling began to scrape the dirt out from beneath his nails with the point of his dagger. "I've sung my songs, fought my battles, drunk summer wine, tasted the Dornishman's wife. A man should die the way he's lived. For me that's steel in hand."

Mance says he has drank summer wine and tasted the Dornish Man’s wife.

A Clash of Kings - Jon VII

"She even claimed we were kin. She told me a story . . ."

". . . of Bael the Bard and the rose of Winterfell. So Stonesnake told me. It happens I know the song. Mance would sing it of old, when he came back from a ranging. He had a passion for wildling music. Aye, and for their women as well."

"You knew him?"

"We all knew him." His voice was sad.

They were friends as well as brothersJon realized, and now they are sworn foes. "Why did he desert?"

"For a wench, some say. For a crown, others would have it." Qhorin tested the edge of his sword with the ball of his thumb. "He liked women, Mance did, and he was not a man whose knees bent easily, that's true. But it was more than that. He loved the wild better than the Wall. It was in his blood. He was wildling born, taken as a child when some raiders were put to the sword. When he left the Shadow Tower he was only going home again."

For a wench? He left for a wench, but it wasn’t Dalla his current wife

A Storm of Swords - Jon I

"I remember."

"And did you see where I was seated, Mance?" He leaned forward. "Did you see where they put the bastard?"

Mance Rayder looked at Jon's face for a long moment. "I think we had best find you a new cloak," the king said, holding out his hand.

Mance Rayder, a Bastard himself and a possible father of Jon Snow.

A Storm of Swords - Bran II

. The dragon prince sang a song so sad it made the wolf maid sniffle, but when her pup brother teased her for crying she poured wine over his head. A black brother spoke, asking the knights to join the Night's Watch. The storm lord drank down the knight of skulls and kisses in a wine-cup war. The crannogman saw a maid with laughing purple eyes dance with a white sword, a red snake, and the lord of griffins, and lastly with the quiet wolf . . . but only after the wild wolf spoke to her on behalf of a brother too shy to leave his bench.

"Whoever he was, the old gods gave strength to his arm. The porcupine knight fell first, then the pitchfork knight, and lastly the knight of the two towers. None were well loved, so the common folk cheered lustily for the Knight of the Laughing Tree, as the new champion soon was called. When his fallen foes sought to ransom horse and armorthe Knight of the Laughing Tree spoke in a booming voice through his helm, saying, 'Teach your squires honor, that shall be ransom enough.' Once the defeated knights chastised their squires sharply, their horses and armor were returned. And so the little crannogman's prayer was answered . . . by the green men, or the old gods, or the children of the forest, who can say?"

"No one knew," said Meera, "but the mystery knight was short of stature, and clad in ill-fitting armor made up of bits and pieces. The device upon his shield was a heart tree of the old gods, a white weirwood with a laughing red face."

It was a good story, Bran decided after thinking about it a moment or two. "Then what happened? Did the Knight of the Laughing Tree win the tourney and marry a princess?"

"No," said Meera. "That night at the great castle, the storm lord and the knight of skulls and kisses each swore they would unmask him, and the king himself urged men to challenge him, declaring that the face behind that helm was no friend of his. But the next morning, when the heralds blew their trumpets and the king took his seat, only two champions appeared. The Knight of the Laughing Tree had vanished. The king was wroth, and even sent his son the dragon prince to seek the man, but all they ever found was his painted shield, hanging abandoned in a tree. It was the dragon prince who won that tourney in the end."

So a mysterious Knight of the Laughing Tree plus Lyanna and Rhaegar’s harp and a Black brother at Harrenhal. Plus the mysterious Ashara Dayne and Brandon and Eddard.

A Game of Thrones - Eddard XV

Yet when the jousting began, the day belonged to Rhaegar Targaryen. The crown prince wore the armor he would die in: gleaming black plate with the three-headed dragon of his House wrought in rubies on the breast. A plume of scarlet silk streamed behind him when he rode, and it seemed no lance could touch him. Brandon fell to him, and Bronze Yohn Royce, and even the splendid Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning.

Robert had been jesting with Jon and old Lord Hunter as the prince circled the field after unhorsing Ser Barristan in the final tilt to claim the champion's crown. Ned remembered the moment when all the smiles died, when Prince Rhaegar Targaryen urged his horse past his own wife, the Dornish princess Elia Martell, to lay the queen of beauty's laurel in Lyanna's lap. He could see it still: a crown of winter roses, blue as frost.

Giving Blue Roses which are rare and possibly only found in the North. Mance or Rhaegar?

A Dance with Dragons - The Kingbreaker

If I had been a better knight … if I had unhorsed the prince in that last tilt, as I unhorsed so many others, it would have been for me to choose the queen of love and beauty …

Rhaegar had chosen Lyanna Stark of Winterfell. Barristan Selmy would have made a different choice. Not the queen, who was not present. Nor Elia of Dorne, though she was good and gentle; had she been chosen, much war and woe might have been avoided. His choice would have been a young maiden not long at court, one of Elia's companions … though compared to Ashara Dayne, the Dornish princess was a kitchen drab.

Even after all these years, Ser Barristan could still recall Ashara's smile, the sound of her laughter. He had only to close his eyes to see her, with her long dark hair tumbling about her shoulders and those haunting purple eyes. Daenerys has the same eyes. Sometimes when the queen looked at him, he felt as if he were looking at Ashara's daughter …

But Ashara's daughter had been stillborn, and his fair lady had thrown herself from a tower soon after, mad with grief for the child she had lost, and perhaps for the man who had dishonored her at Harrenhal as well. She died never knowing that Ser Barristan had loved her. How could she? He was a knight of the Kingsguard, sworn to celibacy. No good could have come from telling her his feelings. No good came from silence either. If I had unhorsed Rhaegar and crowned Ashara queen of love and beauty, might she have looked to me instead of Stark?

He would never know. But of all his failures, none haunted Barristan Selmy so much as that.

Ashara Dayne, Starks, Rhaegar, Lyanna, defeat by Rhaegar and dishonor

A Game of Thrones - Eddard I

"I was with her when she died," Ned reminded the king. "She wanted to come home, to rest beside Brandon and Father." He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses. Promise me, Ned. The fever had taken her strength and her voice had been faint as a whisper, but when he gave her his word, the fear had gone out of his sister's eyes. Ned remembered the way she had smiled then, how tightly her fingers had clutched his as she gave up her hold on life, the rose petals spilling from her palm, dead and black. After that he remembered nothing. They had found him still holding her body, silent with grief. The little crannogman, Howland Reed, had taken her hand from his. Ned could recall none of it. "I bring her flowers when I can," he said. "Lyanna was … fond of flowers."

Lyanna Stark and her Bael the Bard.

A Game of Thrones - Catelyn II

He did more than that. The Starks were not like other men. Ned brought his bastard home with him, and called him "son" for all the north to see. When the wars were over at last, and Catelyn rode to Winterfell, Jon and his wet nurse had already taken up residence.

That cut deep. Ned would not speak of the mother, not so much as a word, but a castle has no secrets, and Catelyn heard her maids repeating tales they heard from the lips of her husband's soldiers. They whispered of Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, deadliest of the seven knights of Aerys's Kingsguard, and of how their young lord had slain him in single combatAnd they told how afterward Ned had carried Ser Arthur's sword back to the beautiful young sister who awaited him in a castle called Starfall on the shores of the Summer Sea. The Lady Ashara Dayne, tall and fair, with haunting violet eyes. It had taken her a fortnight to marshal her courage, but finally, in bed one night, Catelyn had asked her husband the truth of it, asked him to his face.

That was the only time in all their years that Ned had ever frightened her. "Never ask me about Jon," he said, cold as ice. "He is my blood, and that is all you need to know. And now I will learn where you heard that name, my lady." She had pledged to obey; she told him; and from that day on, the whispering had stopped, and Ashara Dayne's name was never heard in Winterfell again.

Eddard and Ashara Dayne?

The World of Ice and Fire - The Fall of the Dragons: The Year of the False Spring

The False Spring of 281 AC lasted less than two turns. As the year drew to a close, winter returned to Westeros with a vengeance. On the last day of the year, snow began to fall upon King's Landing, and a crust of ice formed atop the Blackwater Rush. The snowfall continued off and on for the best part of a fortnight, by which time the Blackwater was hard frozen, and icicles draped the roofs and gutters of every tower in the city.

As cold winds hammered the city, King Aerys II turned to his pyromancers, charging them to drive the winter off with their magics. Huge green fires burned along the walls of the Red Keep for a moon's turn. Prince Rhaegar was not in the city to observe them, however. Nor could he be found in Dragonstone with Princess Elia and their young son, Aegon. With the coming of the new year, the crown prince had taken to the road with half a dozen of his closest friends and confidants, on a journey that would ultimately lead him back to the riverlands. Not ten leagues from Harrenhal, Rhaegar fell upon(Ashara Dayne) Lyanna Stark of Winterfell, and carried her off, lighting a fire that would consume his house and kin and all those he loved—and half the realm besides.

A Storm of Swords - Arya VIII

"He's with the Night's Watch on the Wall." Maybe I should go to the Wall instead of Riverrun. Jon wouldn't care who I killed or whether I brushed my hair . . . "Jon looks like me, even though he's bastard-born. He used to muss my hair and call me 'little sister.'" Arya missed Jon most of all. Just saying his name made her sad. "How do you know about Jon?"

"He is my milk brother."

"Brother?" Arya did not understand. "But you're from Dorne. How could you and Jon be blood?"

Arya was lost. "Who's Wylla?"

"Jon Snow's mother. He never told you? She's served us for years and years. Since before I was born."

"Jon Snow's mother. He never told you? She's served us for years and years. Since before I was born."

"Jon never knew his mother. Not even her name." Arya gave Ned a wary look. "You know her? Truly?" Is he making mock of me? "If you lie I'll punch your face."

"Wylla was my wetnurse," he repeated solemnly. "I swear it on the honor of my House."

"You have a House?" That was stupid; he was a squire, of course he had a House. "Who are you?"

"My lady?" Ned looked embarrassed. "I'm Edric Dayne, the . . . the Lord of Starfall."

Jon has a mother. Wylla, her name is Wylla. She would need to remember so she could tell him, the next time she saw him. She wondered if he would still call her "little sister." I'm not so little anymore. He'd have to call me something else. Maybe once she got to Riverrun she could write Jon a letter and tell him what Ned Dayne had said. "There was an Arthur Dayne," she remembered. "The one they called the Sword of the Morning."

"My father was Ser Arthur's elder brother. Lady Ashara was my aunt. I never knew her, though. She threw herself into the sea from atop the Palestone Swordbefore I was born."

"Why would she do that?" said Arya, startled.

Ned looked wary. Maybe he was afraid that she was going to throw something at him. "Your lord father never spoke of her?" he said. "The Lady Ashara Dayne, of Starfall?"

"No. Did he know her?"

"Before Robert was king. She met your father and his brothers at Harrenhal, during the year of the false spring."

"Oh." Arya did not know what else to say. "Why did she jump in the sea, though?"

"Her heart was broken."

Sansa would have sighed and shed a tear for true love, but Arya just thought it was stupid. She couldn't say that to Ned, though, not about his own aunt. "Did someone break it?"
He hesitated. "Perhaps it's not my place . . ."
"Tell me."

He looked at her uncomfortably. "My aunt Allyria says Lady Ashara and your father fell in love at Harrenhal—"

"That's not so. He loved my lady mother."

"I'm sure he did, my lady, but—"

"She was the only one he loved."

"He must have found that bastard under a cabbage leaf, then," Gendry said behind them.

Arya wished she had another crab apple to bounce off his face. "My father had honor," she said angrily.

Eddard and Ashara Dayne?

A Storm of Swords - Arya VIII

"I'm not afraid," she said. "That boy Ned said . . ."

"Aye, he told me. Lady Ashara Dayne. It's an old tale, that one. I heard it once at Winterfell, when I was no older than you are now." He took hold of her bridle firmly and turned her horse around. "I doubt there's any truth to it. But if there is, what of it? When Ned met this Dornish lady, his brother Brandon was still alive, and it was him betrothed to Lady Catelyn, so there's no stain on your father's honor. There's nought like a tourney to make the blood run hot, so maybe some words were whispered in a tent of a night, who can say? Words or kisses, maybe more, but where's the harm in that? Spring had come, or so they thought, and neither one of them was pledged."

Eddard and Ashara?

A Game of Thrones - Eddard X

In the dream his friends rode with him, as they had in life. Proud Martyn Cassel, Jory's father; faithful Theo Wull; Ethan Glover, who had been Brandon's squire; Ser Mark Ryswell, soft of speech and gentle of heart; the crannogman, Howland Reed; Lord Dustin on his great red stallion. Ned had known their faces as well as he knew his own once, but the years leech at a man's memories, even those he has vowed never to forget. In the dream they were only shadows, grey wraiths on horses made of mist.

They were seven, facing three. In the dream as it had been in life. Yet these were no ordinary three. They waited before the round tower, the red mountains of Dorne at their backs, their white cloaks blowing in the wind. And these were no shadows; their faces burned clear, even now. Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, had a sad smile on his lips. The hilt of the greatsword Dawn poked up over his right shoulder. Ser Oswell Whent was on one knee, sharpening his blade with a whetstone. Across his white-enameled helm, the black bat of his House spread its wings. Between them stood fierce old Ser Gerold Hightower, the White Bull, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

"I looked for you on the Trident," Ned said to them.

"We were not there," Ser Gerold answered.

"Woe to the Usurper if we had been," said Ser Oswell.

"When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you were."

"Far away," Ser Gerold said, "or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne,and our false brother would burn in seven hells."

"I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege," Ned told them, "and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them."

"Our knees do not bend easily," said Ser Arthur Dayne.

"Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have sailed with him."

"Ser Willem is a good man and true," said Ser Oswell.

"But not of the Kingsguard," Ser Gerold pointed out. "The Kingsguard does not flee."

"Then or now," said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.

"We swore a vow," explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned's wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends." As they came together in a rush of steel and shadow, he could hear Lyanna screaming. "Eddard!" she called. A storm of rose petals blew across a blood-streaked sky, as blue as the eyes of death.

A Game of Thrones - Eddard XII

Lady Ashara? She threw herself into the sea, I'm told. Why was that? For the brother you slew, or the child you stole? Tell me, my honorable Lord Eddard, how are you any different from Robert, or me, or Jaime?"

"For a start," said Ned, "I do not kill children. You would do well to listen, my lady. I shall say this only once. When the king returns from his hunt, I intend to lay the truth before him. You must be gone by then. You and your children, all three, and not to Casterly Rock. If I were you, I should take ship for the Free Cities, or even farther, to the Summer Isles or the Port of Ibben. As far as the winds blow."

"Exile," she said. "A bitter cup to drink from."
"A sweeter cup than your father served Rhaegar's children," Ned said, "and kinder than you deserve. Your father and your brothers would do well to go with you. Lord Tywin's gold will buy you comfort and hire swords to keep you safe. You shall need them. I promise you, no matter where you flee, Robert's wrath will follow you, to the back of beyond if need be."

Daenerys is a homophone for Dayne Heiress

and an anagram for Ser Dayne, a nod to her brother? Dany’s uncle?

A Dance with Dragons - Davos I

"At the dawn of Robert's Rebellion. The Mad King had sent to the Eyrie for Stark's head, but Jon Arryn sent him back defiance. Gulltown stayed loyal to the throne, though. To get home and call his banners, Stark had to cross the mountains to the Fingers and find a fisherman to carry him across the Bite. A storm caught them on the way. The fisherman drowned, but his daughter got Stark to the Sisters before the boat went down. They say he left her with a bag of silver and a bastard in her belly. Jon Snow, she named him, after Arryn.

"Be that as it may. My father sat where I sit now when Lord Eddard came to Sisterton. Our maester urged us to send Stark's head to Aerys, to prove our loyalty. It would have meant a rich reward. The Mad King was open-handed with them as pleased him. By then we knew that Jon Arryn had taken Gulltown, though. Robert was the first man to gain the wall, and slew Marq Grafton with his own hand. 'This Baratheon is fearless,' I said. 'He fights the way a king should fight.' Our maester chuckled at me and told us that Prince Rhaegar was certain to defeat this rebel. That was when Stark said, 'In this world only winter is certain. We may lose our heads, it's true … but what if we prevail?' My father sent him on his way with his head still on his shoulders. 'If you lose,' he told Lord Eddard, 'you were never here.' "

"No more than I was," said Davos Seaworth.

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys VII

If he loved you, he would come and carry you off at swordpoint, as Rhaegar carried off his northern girl, the girl in her insisted, but the queen knew that was folly.

A Dance with Dragons - The Kingbreaker

Daenerys Targaryen loved her captain, but that was the girl in her, not the queen. Prince Rhaegar loved his Lady Lyanna, and thousands died for it. 

"Remember who you are, Daenerys, ... The dragons know. Do you?"-Quiathe-A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys X

Ashara Dayne was not nailed to the floor in Starfall, as some of the fans who write me seem to assume. They have horses in Dorne too, you know. And boats (though not many of their own). As a matter of fact (a tiny tidbit from SOS), she was one of Princess Elia's lady companions in King's Landing, in the first few years after Elia married Rhaegar.

The rest I will save for the books.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/1040/

A Clash of Kings - Daenerys IV

Viserys, was her first thought the next time she paused, but a second glance told her otherwise.The man had her brother's hair, but he was taller, and his eyes were a dark indigo rather than lilac. "Aegon," he said to a woman nursing a newborn babe in a great wooden bed. "What better name for a king?"

"Will you make a song for him?" the woman asked.

"He has a song," the man replied. "He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire."He looked up when he said it and his eyes met Dany's, and it seemed as if he saw her standing there beyond the door. "There must be one more," he said, though whether he was speaking to her or the woman in the bed she could not say. "The dragon has three heads." He went to the window seat, picked up a harp, and ran his fingers lightly over its silvery strings. Sweet sadness filled the room as man and wife and babe faded like the morning mist, only the music lingering behind to speed her on her way.

I-------------------------------------I

Bael the Bard===== Stark Female                 Stark Male=====Alysanne Targaryen

I                                                                  I

son                                              Gael the Winter Child Tagaryen

Born in the Crypts                                     Born at Queens Crown Tower

Mirror Events should be then

I--------------------------------------------------I

Rhaegar or Mance ==== Lyanna Stark                                       Eddard or Brandon Stark=======Ashara Dayne

I                                                                                                               I

Jon Snow                                                                                          Daenerys Targaryen

Born in the Crypts?                                                                                 The Tower of Joy?

So whats going on here? Who is the father of who and emulating Bael the Bard?

Is Rhaegar the father of both of them? Is Bael? Is Eddard? Is there two separate fathers? And What was happening at Harrenhal??

Let me know your thoughts and which way you swing.

Key to Tree

I= Descends down to

I-------I = Siblings

Hawyn Hardhand

I

Halleck Hoare 

I

Daena the Defiant======================================Aegon IV unworthy  Naerys=====Aemon Dragon

Archived