Jaime's S8 meetings

Lucius Lovejoy

14 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Indeed. And I think that the reason why they deleted the scene was because the foreshadowing would have been very obvious, not only for Jonerys (which already had a lot of "foreshadowing" from different characters) but also in regards to Jaime and Brienne. People remember the scene of the tent because it's basically the only time they spoke to each other in s6.

This is Gwen's reaction when asked about Jaime and Brienne

The reaction is from Kimmel isn't it? It reminds me of NCW's attempts to deny JB by saying he is team Brienne-Tormund :)

On a side note, man does Gwen look sexy with that seductive tongue rolll!

51 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

The reaction is from Kimmel isn't it? It reminds me of NCW's attempts to deny JB by saying he is team Brienne-Tormund :)

On a side note, man does Gwen look sexy with that seductive tongue rolll!

Yes, it is from December, I think it's from there.

It also reminds me of Nik trolling us about Tormund and Brienne:P to deny the obvious

I read a comment in another forum that expressed the idea that Jaime is going  North and pledge himself to fight for House Stark since he promised Catelyn to return her daughters Sansa and Arya safe to winterfell after he was released by her and later he sent Brienne with Oathkeeper to look for them and keep them safe. In the books he exclaims that "Sansa Stark is my last hope of Honour".

If indeed he does that, we will have in season 8 both Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail protecting the Stark children. Both swords made of Ice. 

I dont know how Bran will react to Jaime, but their interaction is for sure one of the moments I mostly am excited about it.

I would be interested in Jaime's meetings with the Starks.  At some point everybody will find out that he was the one who pushed Bran.  I can imagine Arya being especially angry about it and wanting to kill Jaime.  Jaime also made that promise to Catelyn about not hurting her daughters.  It would be interesting how that shakes out.

I want to see how Jaime's reaction about Jon being Rhaegar's son.  I want to see him interact with Dany more too.  Jon is Rhaegar's son and Dany is Rhaegar's baby sister.  Also I kind of want to see Jaime's reaction to Gendry.  Considering that Robert was a big bully to him and that Jaime hated Robert.  But, Gendry even though he looks like Robert is the opposite of a bully and is a really nice guy.

I feel that Jaime is going to have a really big arc in season 8.  I can't wait to see it. 

Wonder if him and Jon might remember their previous (1 on 1) meeting from 1.2 - nothing of great substance was said, but still.

Also whether he finds out that it was Arya in disguise in the Frey hall, and possibly insight into what her intentions were at that moment.

Relatively trivial stuff, the important ones have already been mentioned I think.

I wonder if any meaning is going to be ascribed to something the audiences have already long noticed - the fact that Bran unwittingly killed Locke who mutilated Jaime. Such an ironic triangle would normally have meaning of one kind or another, but given how it was just a local book-show change here, maybe it wasn't really supposed to be relevant?

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:26 PM, Lord Lannister said:

Given Bran was pretty much distant and aloof to Littlefinger's actions, which pretty much put his whole family on a path to destruction, I'm not thinking it's very likely we're going to get any great reactions to Jaime. Probably just some remark about it being destiny and how he'd never have become the three eyed raven if it hadn't happened.

Honestly, I'm more interested to see how Daenerys will confront the man who killed her father.

Jaime: "My only regret is I didn't stab him sooner"

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:08 AM, prettylongclaw said:

I read a comment in another forum that expressed the idea that Jaime is going  North and pledge himself to fight for House Stark since he promised Catelyn to return her daughters Sansa and Arya safe to winterfell after he was released by her and later he sent Brienne with Oathkeeper to look for them and keep them safe. In the books he exclaims that "Sansa Stark is my last hope of Honour".

If indeed he does that, we will have in season 8 both Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail protecting the Stark children. Both swords made of Ice. 

I dont know how Bran will react to Jaime, but their interaction is for sure one of the moments I mostly am excited about it.

I suspect Bran will be aloof as his foresight will have already given him clues as to Jaime's importance in the war to come.

There are a lot of potential meetings coming aside from this one. So Jaime getting to Winterfell. Have nothing more to offer about Brans reaction since it seems pretty obvious that Bran will be non emotional about it. Sansa and Arya never really saw Jaime except at Winterfell in S1. All they know is what was reported about him. The key to this meeting is does Jaime tell them the truth, that Cersei is going to betray them? He kind of has to since he will be alone.

On 2/13/2018 at 4:08 AM, dbunting said:

There are a lot of potential meetings coming aside from this one. So Jaime getting to Winterfell. Have nothing more to offer about Brans reaction since it seems pretty obvious that Bran will be non emotional about it. Sansa and Arya never really saw Jaime except at Winterfell in S1. All they know is what was reported about him. The key to this meeting is does Jaime tell them the truth, that Cersei is going to betray them? He kind of has to since he will be alone.

Sansa saw him in Season 4, before the Purple Wedding.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, Angel Eyes said:

Sansa saw him in Season 4, before the Purple Wedding.

Yeah, but that was basically the entirety of it, she saw him, I don't remember if they talked and even if they did Sansa would still be in survival mode and not being honest. But again, not much time left for that stuff.

On 1/27/2018 at 8:58 AM, Kandrax said:

I'm waiting for two kinfuckers to talk again with each other.

On 2/9/2018 at 1:08 PM, Pink Fat Rast said:

Wonder if him and Jon might remember their previous (1 on 1) meeting from 1.2 - nothing of great substance was said, but still.

I have always thought that D&D put in the little chat where Jaime talks down to Jon about the NW as a way of possibly foreshadowing Jaime joining a reformed NW.

Archived