Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alex Gu

elia flee kings landing

Recommended Posts

what if Elia and kids fleed kings landing after learning of rhagnear kidnaping of lyana would dorne support rhagnear, stay neutral or support rebellion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they get to Dorne safely I suppose Doran would not send Aerys those 10,000 spears. Doran only sent those spears for the last battle of the rebellion, the one at the Trident.  Before that he stayed out of the war and only sent those men when Aerys let him know he was holding Elia and her kids.

It would be interesting to see how Aerys and Rhaegar would have proceeded without those 10,000 spears they needed badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have no idea how Elia felt about Rhaegar absconding with Lyanna so it is pretty impossible to judge here.  Her safest bet was probably to go to Sunspear but I cannot fault her for staying within the walls of King's Landing.  Elia and her children's safety needed to be the priority for Doran - if they were in Dorne then Dorne should have sat out the rebellion, but with them in King's Landing Dorne needed to support the Targaryens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elia sucessfully fled to Dorne with her children after Rhaegar eloped with Lyanna? 

Well, more than likely Elia went to Tower of Joy with Oberyn and kicked Rhaegar and Lyanna out of her home country. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

Elia sucessfully fled to Dorne with her children after Rhaegar eloped with Lyanna? 

Well, more than likely Elia went to Tower of Joy with Oberyn and kicked Rhaegar and Lyanna out of her home country. 

Personally, i like better the theory that has Elia being complicit with the relationship. It wouldn't be out of place for a dornishwoman and it feels far more empowering than having her just be a helpless spectator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 8:20 PM, Alex Gu said:

what if Elia and kids fleed kings landing after learning of rhagnear kidnaping of lyana would dorne support rhagnear, stay neutral or support rebellion?

I think so.  As long as they don't find out that Aeys disinherited Rhaegar's family.  The Martells have a vested interest in keeping the Targaryens in power.   So what if Rhaegar wanted to get some jollies on the side.  Any issue from that liaison is a bastard at best and has nothing to threaten Aegon's rights.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2018 at 6:41 PM, SecretWeapon said:

Personally, i like better the theory that has Elia being complicit with the relationship. It wouldn't be out of place for a dornishwoman and it feels far more empowering than having her just be a helpless spectator

I am afraid this type of theory was proposed only to whitewash Rhaegar and Lyanna, not to empower Elia.

Why would Elia (or any other woman if you can name one) want to support her husband cheating on her, humiliating her in public and putting their children's safety and birth rights at risk? And since when we were told that Dornishwomen are OK with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/1/2018 at 2:08 AM, purple-eyes said:

I am afraid this type of theory was proposed only to whitewash Rhaegar and Lyanna, not to empower Elia.

Why would Elia (or any other woman if you can name one) want to support her husband cheating on her, humiliating her in public and putting their children's safety and birth rights at risk? And since when we were told that Dornishwomen are OK with this?

Dorne has a relatively liberal sexual culture and Targaryens have polygamy background. Elia probably knew the 3 heads deal, so using Lyanna (who she knew Rhaegar fancied to some degree) might have been her own idea. While they might have prediected the war, i doubt they predicted 1- to lose the war 2- the sacking of KL 3- Lyanna bleeding out like a pig. Had things not gone wrong, we'd probably have had King Rhaegar and his two queens.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SecretWeapon why on earth would Elia want to share her Queenship, and thus her power? You can make a case for her being ok with Rhaegar having a paramour (though passing her for QOLAB was still humiliating for her), but there's no way any Queen (or her family) would be happy with having to compete for influence and inheritance.

Besides, GRRM writes Elia as a helpless spectator. She's frail and sickly, and is never given a voice. Her only role in the story is to be a tragic victim and a plot device.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 5:20 PM, Alex Gu said:

what if Elia and kids fleed kings landing after learning of rhagnear kidnaping of lyana would dorne support rhagnear, stay neutral or support rebellion?

He didn't kidnap her, so if they fled before the sack they would have to die very soon after by the same knights so the story can continue as written 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SecretWeapon said:

Dorne has a relatively liberal sexual culture and Targaryens have polygamy background. Elia probably knew the 3 heads deal, so using Lyanna (who she knew Rhaegar fancied to some degree) might have been her own idea. While they might have prediected the war, i doubt they predicted 1- to lose the war 2- the sacking of KL 3- Lyanna bleeding out like a pig. Had things not gone wrong, we'd probably have had King Rhaegar and his two queens.

 

It is totally different thing to tolerate your royal husband having a paramour from your husband having another queen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, Hodor the Articulate said:

Depends on how negotiations with Jon Arryn & co go. They wouldn't have cared for Aerys, but they also wouldn't want to destroy the legitimacy of Targ rule because of Elia's children.

It was after the battle of the Bells  , Jon Arryn and Eddard Stark by past Jaehaerys  Targaryen' s claim for that of Rhaella Targaryen Baratheon .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.1.2018. at 4:53 PM, purple-eyes said:

It is totally different thing to tolerate your royal husband having a paramour from your husband having another queen. 

And who says that Lyanna was another queen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2018 at 10:23 PM, Hodor the Articulate said:

@SecretWeapon why on earth would Elia want to share her Queenship, and thus her power? You can make a case for her being ok with Rhaegar having a paramour (though passing her for QOLAB was still humiliating for her), but there's no way any Queen (or her family) would be happy with having to compete for influence and inheritance.

Besides, GRRM writes Elia as a helpless spectator. She's frail and sickly, and is never given a voice. Her only role in the story is to be a tragic victim and a plot device.

I agree.  Poor Elia.  She deserved better from Rhaegar if what is being proposed by the op took place, Rhaegar ran off with Lyanna.  We don't know if it happened that way but if it did it was an insult to Elia and the Martells. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/1/2018 at 4:23 AM, Hodor the Articulate said:

@SecretWeapon why on earth would Elia want to share her Queenship, and thus her power? You can make a case for her being ok with Rhaegar having a paramour (though passing her for QOLAB was still humiliating for her), but there's no way any Queen (or her family) would be happy with having to compete for influence and inheritance.

Not only that, any legitimate offspring of Lyanna and Rhaegar's would be a very big threat for Rhaenys and Aegon. It would also be a recipe for civil war down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×