Should prime minister resign if 12 year old burns homeless man alive?

Kandrax

1 hour ago, Kandrax said:

This happened in my country serbia. Many people blamed goverment. So i want to know were UK goverment blamed for Jon Venables and Robert Thompson's murder of James Bulger?

No. That would be insane.

The government should be blamed if they released them from prison too early, or if they were not punished severely enough. There's a debate about that because Venables has re-offended twice since he left prison whilst Thompson has not. But for the original incident? If there was a systemic issue that led to it, yes but there wasn't (it's not something that's happened again since).

4 hours ago, Werthead said:

If there was a systemic issue that led to it, yes

Yes but even then it seems a stretch to expect the PM to have personal oversight of the health and criminal care of every single person in the country.

Having a read around, it would be even stranger if the current Serbian PM had to resign over something that happened before she took office, since this incident was a year ago. I assume there's some anger over the fact that the boy wasn't prosecuted because he was deemed too young, but that's not either PM's fault, surely?

In Romania, a few years ago, the prime minister resigned after massive street protests, and mounting pressure from others in the government (mainly the president). But the protests weren't because of anything he did directly, they were because of a fire at a night club which killed over 100 people. The club in question was in violation of the fire code, because, as per usual, the owners found ways to circumvent inspections, most likely through bribes, and no one from the government agencies responsible for this stuff was really inclined to do their jobs. So yes, it was a systemic problem, which led to a massive amount of people saying enough is enough, which led to the prime minister resigning.

8 hours ago, Knight Of Winter said:

No, why should she? Prime Minister resigns if she somehow massively screws up (and public learns about it) - and while this burning is a terrible tragedy on many levels, it's none of PM's fault.

I'm not talking about current, but about previous. Many people blamed  Vucic for this and wanted for him to resign. He is now president.

23 hours ago, Kandrax said:

This happened in my country serbia. Many people blamed goverment. So i want to know were UK goverment blamed for Jon Venables and Robert Thompson's murder of James Bulger?

It seems strange to me unless there was something like an ethnic or other wider aspect to it that people blamed on the PM. 

I am glad to hear that burning a homeless person was able to cause so much fuss though. Whereas mass killing in Las Vegas - just another mental health issue.

Archived