AcroPHILIA #19: EXTREME Edition - R3

Dolorous Gabe

ROUND THREE ANSWERS

1a Blazingly quivers “thine, 'northman'”

Answer: Ygritte (the host's clue. Ineligible for votes)

1b “Cold reflection only? Reveal our theophile!”

Answer: Melisandre

1c Contemptuous! Requires opposite. Romantic obedience training.”

Answer: Val

Mini-theme 1: characters who have said “You know nothing, Jon Snow”

2a Woman nobly bears moustache. Heated visions console wretchedness.

Answer: Selyse Baratheon

2b Champion rector opportunely revived officer, tippler.

Answer: Thoros

2c Broken quills tenderly nursed.

Answer: Stannis

Mini-theme 2: characters who have said “The night is dark and full of terrors”

3a Cold roads one rode off topic

Answer: Alys Karstark

3b Warned nasty bitch, making his violent conclusion workable.

Answer: Eddard Stark

3c Cites rumors of romantic overtures, thunderously!

Answer: Tormund

Mini-theme 3: characters who have said “Dark wings, dark words”

Overall Link: ADWD Chapter 49 JON X (this is the only chapter in which all these sayings are used)

So I'm gonna lay low and dodge your bullets while you each name your favourite clue. Clue 1a for Ygritte is my clue and ineligible for votes, even if it is the best clue :P

It's been quite a ride. Do by all means give your opinion on the format. I feel like it has been an interesting but problematic concept but that might be my fault.

Friends I must fly the flag for Fragile Bird and myself, we have had the answers and the mini themes for days and we had submitted the overall link in several forms, but not the solitary form, until 1 hr ago - and had not looked at thread so I am claiming victory in this round for my dear Bird and myself! :commie:

2 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

If it makes you feel better, we only got it by working backwards after getting themes 1 and 2, then surmising what 3 would be.

theme 1 and 2 came easy, a week ago and hardest clue - alys karstark, which i assumed was you or a :ninja:, i got before the hints because it was the only thing ned and tormund had in common - dark wings dark words!

Seriously congrats to everyone who figured any of this game out - DG it was a mind twister

:cheers:  to the host and the winners

and :wub: to the best partner in the world

Just now, She Who Must Be Obeyed said:

Friends I must fly the flag for Fragile Bird and myself, I have had the answers and the mini themes for days and we had submitted the overall link in several forms, but not the solitary form, until 1 hr ago - and had not looked at thread so I am claiming victory in this round for my dear Bird and myself! :commie:

theme 1 and 2 came easy, a week ago and hardest clue - alys karstark, which i assumed was you or a :ninja:, i got before the hints because it was the only thing ned and tormund had in common - dark wings dark words!

Seriously congrats to everyone who figured any of this game out - DG it was a mind twister

:cheers:  to the host and the winners

and :wub: to the best partner in the world

Lol, I feel like SNA, I was just along for the ride. Though I guess I did contribute a bit.

I was lost without you in Round 2, though. Hopelessly lost!

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Lol, I feel like SNA, I was just along for the ride. Though I guess I did contribute a bit.

I was lost without you in Round 2, though. Hopelessly lost!

without @Fragile Bird I was just wandering around in the dark - which is what I first thought words had in common - all spoken in the dark - LOL

I support another go with partners! @Dolorous Gabe you did good!

3 minutes ago, She Who Must Be Obeyed said:

without @Fragile Bird I was just wandering around in the dark - which is what I first thought words had in common - all spoken in the dark - LOL

I support another go with partners! @Dolorous Gabe you did good!

Wait....it's over? :o 

I hate this game soooooooooooo much.

When's the next one?

Archived