AcroPHILIA #19: EXTREME Edition - R3

Dolorous Gabe

10 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Wait....it's over? :o 

I hate this game soooooooooooo much.

When's the next one?

I know the game we love to hate - or hate to love - depending on the outcome! :owned:

5 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

Y'all are pretty cocky, but I am concerned for you.

@She Who Must Be Obeyed might hurt herself again doing a victory lap and @Ser Not Appearing is at serious risk of appearing less aloof than he may like us to believe.

So, in the interest of all of you, we will take the win.  

:)

Never fear @Jez Bell I can wave the flag with my good arm! :commie:

10 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

It's not over until we find out who won and I either note that it's a stupid game and nobody cares or I gloat mercilessly.

Gloat away - I got the hang of this now and and chomping at the bit to go again! :lmao:

2 hours ago, Raisin' Bran said:

Yeah I felt the same way, then I played a second game...

I have played regular acrophilia in the past - even won once, if I remember correctly  :smug: - but this new twist is kind of crazy in the best way. I have never wanted to scream, curse and laugh all that the same time while rocking back and forth in a corner! :blink:

In fact I think we show have a couple more rounds, now that I am healing up, @Dolorous Gabe should be able to make it up on the fly! :lmao:

Hahaha

Here I was thinking I can relax now (kinda), yet here you all are demanding an encore.

I think the winners after 3 rounds are the winner as that was the game I set out.

But maybe I can rustle up a sort of 19B Game in the Extreme style if there is demand for it.

32 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

If my team is winning, we should stop. Otherwise, Gabe needs to keep it going!

He needs to keep it going then. You were quite busy last round or you may have noticed a certain brilliant team was ahead of us by 11 points and another brilliant team by one point. Luckily one other brilliant team had to drop out of the round.

PS EVERYONE is probably vastly interested in the avatar of my cat, Flo, rat dispatcher extraordinaire. This captured a moment of folly when she thought front loading washing machines were a nice place to snooze.

38 minutes ago, Castellan said:

PS EVERYONE is probably vastly interested in the avatar of my cat, Flo, rat dispatcher extraordinaire. This captured a moment of folly when she thought front loading washing machines were a nice place to snooze.

She's stunning!

Stunningly odd looking. A vet told me she must be part British shorthair to explain her round eyes, flat face (tiny nose) and other things, including endurance and determination, which I believe she is modelling here.

ROUND THREE RESULTS

1a Ygritte by Dolorous Gabe

1b Melisandre by Julia H. (1 vote)

1c Val by Fragile Bird

2a Selyse Baratheon by Castellan

2b Thoros by Raisin' Bran

2c Stannis by Jez Bell (3 votes)

3a Alys Karstark by a free shadow

3b Eddard Stark by Ser Not Apprearing (3 votes)

3c Tormund by She Who Must Be Obeyed (1 vote)

Jez Bell and a free shadow

Clues: 18

Mini-themes: 9

Overall Theme: 5

Favourite votes: 3

Total: 35 + 83 = 118

Castellan and Ser Not Appearing

Favourite votes: 3

Total: 35 + 72 = 107

She Who Must Be Obeyed and Fragile Bird

Favourite votes: 1

Total: 33 + 22 = 55

Julia H. and Raisin' Bran

Clues: 16

Mini-themes:

Overall Theme:

Favourite votes: 1

Total: 17 + 71 = 88

Congratulations to the winning pair, a free shadow and Jez Bell

They submitted a perfect round and acquired three votes to keep the competitors at bay, of whom Ser Not Appearing and Castellan matched them with a perfect set of answers and three votes. Meanwhile, Fragile Bird and She Who Must Be Obeyed also submitted a perfect set of answers having worked out that the mini-themes were phrases long before anyone else did. They got one vote to add to the impressive tally. Julia H and Raisin' Bran were hindered by often being busy and never really being available at the same time. It was extremely rare that I visited the PM thread and found anything approaching a two-way conversation. I guess this was always a possibility playing in pairs.

Now, do people REALLY want a a couple more rounds? Could make it Acrophilia 19B? I don't have anything else in this version but I can possibly research something. I am half-dead after hosting this game though. I might be near-fully dead after more rounds but I don't mind continuing. Maybe a huge single round game where everyone gets two characters to make clues for? If I can find something.

Or if someone else wants to host, they could start a game. I'll try to research something anyway.

3 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Julia H and Raisin' Bran were hindered by often being busy and never really being available at the same time. It was extremely rare that I visited the PM thread and found anything approaching a two-way conversation. I guess this was always a possibility playing in pairs.

We were like the Sun and the Moon, shining at different times, but I guess giving us this extra challenge was fair towards the other players. :P

3 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Now, do people REALLY want a a couple more rounds? Could make it Acrophilia 19B? I don't have anything else in this version but I can possibly research something. I am half-dead after hosting this game though. I might be near-fully dead after more rounds but I don't mind continuing. Maybe a huge single round game where everyone gets two characters to make clues for? If I can find something.

I do. Definitely. Take care of yourself though. We need you for future games, too!

Btw, since I've nowhere better to share it, this cracked me up. It's a Facebook memory of something I posted three years ago:

Just saw George RR Martin canceled some events later in the year but reserved the right to reconsider attending if ... IF ... if he completes Winds of Winter beforehand.

Which means there's a chance he's done before then.

Which means ... WOOT!

Oh Jamal, you sweet summer child...

3 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Btw, since I've nowhere better to share it, this cracked me up. It's a Facebook memory of something I posted three years ago:

Oh Jamal, you sweet summer child...

Hahaha

To be fair, I'm pretty sure everyone has said something similar over the last 4 years or so. So really we all qualify as summer's sweet children.

In fact I remember that not-a-blog post. I think I probably said exactly the same thing at the time.

5 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I like working with Castellan and would be more than happy to keep going. I think we have a good system where everything is worked out for me and all I have to do is try to narrow down and submit mini-themes, then take credit for our work.

Also for 3 votes.

PS I can't help think Julia H. and Bran are just SANE. 

Archived