R + L  ≠ J

IronBars

Ok any topic i post mentioning winds gets locked, so heres a crackpot theory. 

R + L    J

R + L = J is very widely accepted. but what if its wrong ? I know all the reasons its accepted but what about the reasons against it ?

Don't you think Ned would of told jon hes true heritage before he joined the Nights watch? Kind of a big thing to deny him his true hertiage before he gave everything up and swore his vows, isnt it?

The watch would/could not protect jon if robert found out the secret while he was a member of the nights watch either, also if/when jon found out his true lineage and was a member of the nights watch after swearing the vows he can never leave after joining pretty much on false pretences, he joined because felt had no place in the world, would ned risk jon resenting him for that ?

Also given Neds knowledge of roberts hatred of targaryens wouldnt it of been safer if Ned had howland reed take the child if it had been R + L's ? Given how no one knows much about the crannogmen (sorry if my spelling is off) and how basically impenetrable there lands are wouldnt the child be much safer there?

Which would draw far less questions about the most honourable man in the series besmirching his honour? Because there would be no questions to answer

i know how unlikely R + L = J not being true is at this point, but there 2 points that popped into my head about it, anyone have any thoughts ?

Archived