football: transfer madness!

MercenaryChef

Terrible penalty from Kane. Liverpool have been poor this half.

ETA. great piece of play by Salah. He's had a fairly quite game but always capable of a moment of brilliance. Good result for us as well as the points gap to 5th place is back to 8 points. We're going to need that buffer.

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

Well that was shit. 

Terrible second half and Liverpool didn’t deserve the win but the ref ignores the linesman when Kane’s offside and the listens to him to give the second penalty. Fuck off.

While the desicions were wrong, or debatable, that part isn’t. The ref has the best angle for the first one (the foul is on the wrong side for the assistant), while on the second the foul (if there was one) is visible from the line, but not from the back. 

Sounds like some really dubious officiating once again.  Before I get called for bias because of Liverpool, I’ve said for two years that Spurs get away with murder.  

I’m relieved we didn’t lose but frustrating to see be that close together a win and see it slip away.  Not that we played especially well. 

Edit: and I bet Lamela (not Kane) won’t get a retroactive ban for diving. 

Not a key point, but have to say, if Lovern had played the back pass that Dier played that led to Salah’s first goal, he’d be dubbed the worst defender in the world. But Sky commentators make nothing of it when it is played by Dier, England midfielder who plays for media darlings, Tottenham Hotspur.

I don't know what Liverpool fans are complaining about with the second penalty. That VVD didn't mean it makes it not a card, but this isn't like handball, intent doesn't factor into if it's actually a foul or not and he blatantly booted him without coming anywhere near the ball.

First one was an obvious crock of shit, though.

The 2nd one was a penalty. Soft maybe but I don't think it's even debatable. VAR would have only confirmed that.

The first one felt like justice that it was saved but the 2nd one, which was the right decision, gave an excellent game the fair result it deserved.

3 minutes ago, Raja said:

Those subs by Klopp didn't really help did they? VAR might not help with dodgy penalty calls, but offsides will certainly be fewer if it's implemented

Spurs first penalty should not have been given because Kane was offside.  If the red blows the whistle and stops play for a game-changing decision, e.g. to award a penalty or goal, then VAR should be used to confirm. 

The linesman who failed to flag Kane offside for the first penalty then gave the soft second penalty, even though the ref wasn’t doing anything about it until the linesman signaled.  Spurs just got gifted two penalties in one of their most important games of the season, where they were about to lose.  And never mind all the yellow cards they didn’t receive for their usual litany of fouls. 

Archived