Professional Wrestling: Smark I

Xray the Enforcer

Spoiler

Just in case you missed the last 45 minutes of the PPV, they're reminding you.

Jeff, you beautiful broken motherfucker, please give up the belt and have a godamn rest. Also Shinsuke really needs this after being practically buried by AJ. This dude was top four in NJ, why don;t you try giving him more than ball kicks?

Spoiler

Oh great, it's Randy Orton. If he was a spice he'd be flour.

And he's turning heel, finally. Burning a man's house didn't do it, but that will.

That's a tv spot at best.

KO/Braun, given the booking it's hard to see how this'll be competitive. KO hasn't been a threat to anyone since he was on Smackdown. Furthermore I don't understand the feud. Braun (meant to be a Face) is terrorising a man (meant to be the heel) who's only crime was trying to win a ladder match.

1 minute ago, Joe Pesci said:

I didn't watch the whole thing, but from what I saw the best two matches were on the preshow.

Styles/Rusev was probably the best match that I saw, and it should have been the main event.

I missed the pre-show, although I do think it's insulting that Almas is wrestling there despite being one of the best acts in WWE/NXT the past year.  Feel bad for the guy.  He completely reignited his NXT career by pairing up with Vega and became a legitimately great heel and an awesome champ who gave us a handful of fantastic matches (including that MOTY contender with Gargano), and now he's on the main roster and has already been lost in the shuffle.  

The main event (Rollins/Ziggler) should have been great, and was on its way to getting there despite the first half of the match being pretty shitty, but the booking just utterly killed it.  Having it end in a draw is fine, but not if you're going to make it the main event.  Bringing out Kurt Angle to overturn the draw and set an overtime, only for the overtime to last five seconds and feature a distraction finish was beyond fucking stupid.  I was pissed when it went to a draw, but was even more pissed when the match continued only for the actual ending to be even worse than the damn draw.

Just stupid.

I'm going to watch Summerslam.  If that's as bad as this show, I'm officially done with WWE programming outside of NXT and 205.  It's sad that WWE's "minor league" is a billion times better than their main product.

Pre show was Almas/Sin Cara and New Day/Sanity. Neither match was too long, but were pretty enjoyable. Almas, along with most of the recent NXT call ups, have been given shit booking, much like most of the roster on WWE programming anymore. It's damn near unwatchable. At least when I have it on as background noise I get a few laughs from Corey Graves.

The only thing extreme about extreme rules was Strowman throwing Owens from the cage through the announce table. The womens title was rubbish, the ironman match had a bad draw then an even worse interference finish and the table match was pre show. The other matches were all just normal matches.

Also the Universal title is beyond a joke now they have to take off Brock at Summerslam.

I'd highly recommend all of you watch the G1.  After three days, it's been very good.  No real MOTY candidates yet, but basically all of the tournament matches (not watching the tag matches because I just don't have the time) thus far have been at worst solid and at best great.  

Naito/Omega was predictably awesome, and I've been really enjoying Jay White being a total asshole even if his matches have veered more toward good than great.  Proves that character work can go a long way.  And Zach Sabre continues to be a goddamn wizard.  I feel like he's made a ton of money just by being wholly unique with his style.  He and Ibushi had a fucking barn-burner.

I'm also really enjoying old man Suzuki.  He and Tanahashi had a great match.

Anyway, you guys should check it out if you're tired of the regular WWE bullshit.

Archived