Professional Wrestling: Smark I

Xray the Enforcer

On 9/1/2018 at 5:29 PM, The EnglishBear said:

So any of you kids watching All In? I have a big day tomorrow and I'm in the UK, so I'll be watching it on NJPWworld after the fact. I really hope it does well.

I'm gonna watch it on NJPWorld tonight. All reports have been positive.

NJPWworld took longer to put it up than expected. Great show.

Spoiler

That's how you do a show, tied in all the Being the Elite stuff, good variation of matches. Only issue was they clearly ran out of time, that final match was wrestled at crazy speed.

Stand out of me was the Pentagon Omega match. I wasn't really familiar with Pentagon, but I'm damn sure going to look out for him now.

8 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

Decided to watch Raw this week, the Bellas come out, they're not for me so whatever, but then Brie fucks up two suicide dives. That second one, she really could have got hurt. This is what people mean when they say not everyone should be doing dives.

She really tried to put the suicide in suicide dive.

10 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

Decided to watch Raw this week, the Bellas come out, they're not for me so whatever, but then Brie fucks up two suicide dives. That second one, she really could have got hurt. This is what people mean when they say not everyone should be doing dives.

That was honestly one of the most hilarious to watch botched moves I've seen on wrestling in a long time.  What helped was the announcers trying very unsuccessfully to play it off as anything than what it was: she caught her feet on the midrope.

'Didn't get all of it.' is the phrase they use repeatedly.

If they were smart they'd lean into it, acknowledged how it didn't pay off. Those moves are meant to be high risk, the way they've just become part of the WWE match formula is a bad thing. People don't pop for them people don't care, because they see these moves multiple times per week, hell: per match. That they're so ingrained they make people who aren't capable of them do them is very concerning.

In better news, Progress Chapter 75 just went up, the one with the Jimmy Havoc / Will Ospreay blow off.

So I watched all in and then next night watched raw. Raw was so far inferior to what they put up at all in felt like it went for twice its run time while all in felt like it was only 2 hours long. 

The suicide dives have become boring especially with the others outside so obviously there to catch the diver. The only thing that saved Raw for me was undertaker coming out which I wasnt really expecting, didnt look to be walking quite as badly as what he looked earlier in the year. Hopefully he and trips can put together a match worthy of reviving the whole end of an era thing.

15 minutes ago, lmanion said:

The suicide dives have become boring especially with the others outside so obviously there to catch the diver. The only thing that saved Raw for me was undertaker coming out which I wasnt really expecting, didnt look to be walking quite as badly as what he looked earlier in the year. Hopefully he and trips can put together a match worthy of reviving the whole end of an era thing.

The rumour is that they're moving towards Undertaker HBK, which I really don't need. HBK's retirement is one of the few that has actually stuck. Stop dwelling in the past, move on.

1 hour ago, The EnglishBear said:

The rumour is that they're moving towards Undertaker HBK, which I really don't need. HBK's retirement is one of the few that has actually stuck. Stop dwelling in the past, move on.

And they even played up that hes the one guy retirement stuck on. Survivor series then? Just because i cant see them playing a long game until wrestlemania next year.

5 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

Renee Young is replacing Coachman full time on Raw commentary, thank fuck. Not that I regularly watch Raw, but when I do, he's insufferable.

I hate that they feel the need to have a third commentator at all.  Two-men booths are the way to go.  You get a color commentator and a play-by-play guy and that's all you need.  No idea why WWE tries to over-complicate it by throwing in a third person who offers nothing the other two don't already provide.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

I hate that they feel the need to have a third commentator at all.  Two-men booths are the way to go.  You get a color commentator and a play-by-play guy and that's all you need.  No idea why WWE tries to over-complicate it by throwing in a third person who offers nothing the other two don't already provide.

I think three hours is a long time for a two man booth.  What they could do is kinda what Nitro did, and have one color guy for the first hour and another for the second two hours.

I'm not averse to HBK coming back for one more match (him being my favorite wrestler ever and all), but having it against Taker again would be incredibly pointless and an offensive waste of one more match.

The cell is now red, I'm sure that has nothing to do with selling toys.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/9/15/17864818/hell-in-a-cell-structure-red-wwe-pic

Not a fan of that.

Looking forward to:

Styles/Joe - only bad booking can fuck this up

Flair/Lynch - both tremendous

Drew + Dolph/The Shiel - Everyone's great here

Could be good:

New Day/Rusev Day - New Day are excellent, depends how much they let Rusev Day do, probably a screwy finish to get Aiden feuding with Rusev

Ronda/Bliss - If it's a match should be good, if it's a curb stomp, yawn

Hardy/Orton - Orton generally bores me, but he could raise his game for this, Jeff will do something mad

Probably won't be good:

Reigns/Strowman - I know these guys can go, but they so rarely do, all I can see is Roman kicking out repeatedly until he hits his crap finisher

Bryan + Brie/Miz + Maryse - Why is this a match? Brie almost killed herself a few weeks ago, and the Bellas are symbolic of everything bad about women's wrestling. Miz and Bryan should have been kept apart to let this simmer. Go back to your crappy reality tv shows so I don't have to watch you.

First four main show matches were really good (didn't watch pre-show).  After that it kinda fell off a cliff for the last three, and the ending was just absolute dog shit.  That entire main event was just bland.  They didn't hurt each other enough before all the interference started, and having Reigns and Strowman just lying there for ten minutes while everyone else interfered was stupid as hell.

Im currently extremely annoyed with myself for not making the 2 hour drive in july to go and see Mick Foley. Just watched 20 years of hell and it is an amazing show, his delivery of a bit of his background and then the lead up and aftermath of that match is one of the most captivating things I have seen.

Archived