Professional Wrestling: Smark I

Xray the Enforcer

• 3 weeks later...

So crappy news: Kevin Owens was written off because he needs knee surgery, so he'll be gone for up to 8 months.

And the Saudi Arabia show still appears to be going ahead.

Mayor Kane's statement:

“Mayor Jacobs won’t speculate on Mr. Khashoggi’s disappearance. However, he and his family are in the mayor’s thoughts and prayers.”

Thoughts and Prayers, that'll sort it.

• 2 weeks later...

Still, this must be maddening to most of the IWC.  Can't shit on a guy with cancer.  Plus, to be a dick about it, it raises the question of why Vince continued to push him.  Not only were the fans against it, but that's just a bad investment.  Guess it makes sense now why Michaels is coming back.  They better have him face someone cool at Mania.

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Still, this must be maddening to most of the IWC.  Can't shit on a guy with cancer.  Plus, to be a dick about it, it raises the question of why Vince continued to push him.  Not only were the fans against it, but that's just a bad investment.  Guess it makes sense now why Michaels is coming back.  They better have him face someone cool at Mania.

Yeah, no doubt most of us wanted him gone.  Just didn't want it to be like this.

I don't think WWE knew about it coming back until about a week ago, though.  No way they turn Strowman heel if they know about Roman.  Plus, didn't they turn Strowman back last week?  Probably a sign that's when they found out, or around when at any rate.

Just now, briantw said:

I don't think WWE knew about it coming back until about a week ago, though.  No way they turn Strowman heel if they know about Roman.  Plus, didn't they turn Strowman back last week?  Probably a sign that's when they found out, or around when at any rate.

Agreed they didn't know it was gonna come back, but I have to assume they knew about his condition and that he was in remission.  That's a huge risk in and of itself.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

Agreed they didn't know it was gonna come back, but I have to assume they knew about his condition and that he was in remission.  That's a huge risk in and of itself.

True, but the entire way the company is run, where they try to just have one top guy and a bunch of interchangeable nobodies (outside of big name part-timers like Brock and Cena) is fucking dumb to begin with.  They should have a business built around eight to ten top guys like they did back in the Attitude Era and for a while after.  They certainly have the talent.  

1 minute ago, briantw said:

They should have a business built around eight to ten top guys like they did back in the Attitude Era and for a while after.  They certainly have the talent.

Indeed!

I was always completely ambivalent about him. He wasn't for me and that's fine. There's enough others guys there that I am into. On why Vince pushed him, I think the evidence is there that Roman sold a lot of merch.

Tough break for the guy and I hope he gets better.

So the Crown Jewel event might be off or moved finally.  Sounds like Cena finally wised up and started thinking about his movie career and is refusing to perform there.  I'd like to say it was for moral reasons, but if that were the case he probably wouldn't have gotten on the mic and slurped all over them at the Greatest Royal Rumble.  Guess he finally hit the point where the money isn't worth the bad PR.

There are also rumors that Daniel Bryan is refusing to go there as well.

Go kick Leukemia's ass, Roman.

I honestly didn't think they'd do the Dean Ambrose heel turn last night. I thought they'd go for the emotional, happy ending to close the show.

Holy shit, was I wrong. And it was executed perfectly also. It's the first time in a long time that wwe has surprised me.

49 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Lynch and Flair may have just put on the best wwe match in a long time.

Would have been even better if Charlotte hadn't failed to get to her feet twice earlier in the match before the end.  The ref had to just cover for her both times and it looked stupid.  Crowd might have rioted if she'd ended up winning after that.

Fun times battle royal.   (I was legit pissed when jax didn't get a full title reign.  If you're large and they won't put you in charge, )       rousey should have insisted the Bellas take her on 2 on 1, because what was just one bella going to do?  (No suspense).   It's kind of funny how they could have becky turn donkeys into glue on live TV and people would still chant Becky!

59 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Fun times battle royal.   (I was legit pissed when jax didn't get a full title reign.  If you're large and they won't put you in charge, )       rousey should have insisted the Bellas take her on 2 on 1, because what was just one bella going to do?  (No suspense).   It's kind of funny how they could have becky turn donkeys into glue on live TV and people would still chant Becky!

Main issue I have with Nia is that she's a shitty wrestler.  Don't really care about her size.  Piper Niven is ten times the wrestler Nia is and proved it during last year's MYC but she's not related to the Rock so she'll probably never even get signed by WWE.

Great card from top to bottom. The six women and the battle royal (which I was not looking forward to) both impressed, particularly of surprise was the Battle Royal.

I'm irritated it wasn't Ember or Asuka who went over in that, but Nia is the logical choice out of that pack to win in a battle royal. I can't say she's ever excited me, but I don't have anything against her either.

5 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Rousey should have insisted the Bellas take her on 2 on 1, because what was just one bella going to do?  (No suspense).

Actually get some offense in? I'm of the opinion they went too far with Ronda early on, but here they did what they needed to keep Ronda strong, but give her legit competition, if you put them 2 on 1, it makes Ronda comically OP, and buries the rest of the division.

Archived