Professional Wrestling: Smark I

Xray the Enforcer

Re: taking on both bellas, Here I was trying to be consistent with how Rhonda had been overpowered.  

And after worries that Trish looked fragile, it was a joy to see her and Lita hitting exotic moves.

It was also a night when Asians were punished.

(I don't care about men's wrestling.  )

But it was sad to see Smackdown 1000 come and go without paying homage to the greatest gimmick ever, Luke Gallows'  character (Festus?) who was a drooling developmentally disabled simpleton until the bell rang, at which he became an unstoppable demon of aggression, until one day his opponent ran over to ring the bell again for an easy win over the suddenly helpless behemoth.  Genius.  Now i understand why Brits blurt out "brilliant!" at semi- random occasions throughout the day.

7 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Actually get some offense in? I'm of the opinion they went too far with Ronda early on, but here they did what they needed to keep Ronda strong, but give her legit competition, if you put them 2 on 1, it makes Ronda comically OP, and buries the rest of the division.

Ronda should be booked to squash talentless hacks like the Bellas, though.  Her challenge should come from wrestlers who can actually work like Ember and Asuka.  The fact that Nikki spent the majority of that match in control was ridiculous.  Should have been booked like that surprise Lesnar/Cena squash from Summerslam a few years back.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:41 PM, briantw said:

Ronda should be booked to squash talentless hacks like the Bellas, though.  Her challenge should come from wrestlers who can actually work like Ember and Asuka.  The fact that Nikki spent the majority of that match in control was ridiculous.  Should have been booked like that surprise Lesnar/Cena squash from Summerslam a few years back.

My problem is: The Bella's have been consistently booked strong for a good long while now, they've beaten an awful lot of women. To now turn around and squash Nikki is to diminish every other woman they've wrestled.

The Lesnar squash was fun, but the end result was an untouchable part time champion. Long term, I think the way they did the Ronda match was the right way to go.

Archived