Professional Wrestling: Smark I

Xray the Enforcer

14 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

Fucking Jacked!

I've not been watching Raw, how's Renee on the commentary? She surely is better than Coachman.

She wasnt bad actually wouldnt mind her being 3rd wheel more often. Coachman is useless cant stand him. He was off doing golf world long drive comentary from what I saw on the weekend. Was also one of the better RAW crowds recently and the show wasnt too bad.

Universal title segment was decent enough, Rousey is doing a pretty good job, they gave the b team a bit longer with the tag titles and that segment worked. Corbin is doing a job keeping Balor going and the setup on RAW was good enough even if when KO came out to partner Mahal it was obvious Angle would put Strowman in as Balors tag partner it still got a huge pop. Not quite as big as for Ambrose at the end though.

23 hours ago, lmanion said:

Dean Ambrose looks like he has been ignoring the wwe wellness policy while he has been injured.

Yeah he clearly went to the Triple H school of roiding up while on injury break.

4 hours ago, lmanion said:

Would love to see the main shows get up to the quality level of nxt, last nights takeover was better than any main roster ppv this year and Ciampa - Gargano has to be the best wwe fued this year

Easily.

'Call me up Vince' :lol:

The main event was fantastic but Adam Cole and Ricochet won the night I feel. It built and built.

I think I'd have to give match of the night to the women's match.  I think Gargano/Ciampa IV (they also wrestled in the Cruiserweight Classic) was probably a slightly better overall match, but the ending kind of sucked, whereas I thought Sane/Baszler was great across the board and even had the surprise title change that I doubt most of us expected.

Also, props to Baszler for really improving over the past year.  When those two fought in the Mae Young Classic, Shayna was gassed after a couple of minutes.  Here she went the full match looking great and it was by far the best of the three matches between the two.

Summer Slam spoilers

Spoiler

It was a mostly great night. Up until the last four I'd say excellent.

First and foremost: I'm glad the Universal is off Brock, but it should have been better than this. The best build to a Roman/Brock match ever, and it was irrelevant. And it made Braun look weak, and dishonorable. Cashing in after the match is only slightly less sneaky than doing it by surprise, I thought at first it was a threeway.

Ronda isn't ready. She is great, but this didn't feel earned. And I hated the makeup.

Glad Becky is feuding with Charlotte, but they turned the wrong one.

KO/Braun and Balor/Corbin didn't need matches.

I feel Nakumura was meant to be vs Jeff and Orton, but due to Orton's controversy, he's being sidelined (though still quite prominent) either way, Shinsuke deserves a real healthy opponent he's allowed to beat.

An excellent tag team match with a terrible finish.

But Ziggler/Rollins, Joe/AJ, Miz/Bryan.

Particularly the last, if done properly, AJ will exceed Punk, Miz will win the championship, and Bryan will overcome at Wrestlemania. It's Destiny.

Spoilers for the Tag Team match

Spoiler

I actually really liked it. The fact is that the New Day was taking the Bludgeon Bros. to their limit, and they were desperate to hold onto the titles. I think it would have gone over a lot better if every other match didn't end in DQ.

This would have been amazing if it had just been a Smackdown only PPV. With the exception of the Intercontinental Championship match, all of RAW's shit was just dumb.

On 8/19/2018 at 5:52 PM, The EnglishBear said:

I believe Velveteen still has a huge amount he can learn. He needs to stay on NXT, if he goes up now he will be misused.

Whether he stays on NXT or not, I still have no faith in WWE creative that they won't misuse Velveteen when he's called up.

Nice to see Finn finally get his rematch for the title that he never lost, though he should've gotten it as soon as he came back from injury last year.

So, thoughts on SS? Honestly, it was a lot better than I expected overall, but as usual Takeover blew it away. I never watched much of TNA and have read about some of their matches over the years, but this current AJ/Joe feud is going to be awesome if it continues on its current path.

31 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

So, thoughts on SS? Honestly, it was a lot better than I expected overall, but as usual Takeover blew it away. I never watched much of TNA and have read about some of their matches over the years, but this current AJ/Joe feud is going to be awesome if it continues on its current path.

I thought almost every match was good but nothing was great, and that's a problem when you hoard 75% of the best wrestling talent in the world.  

So I think I may have sat behind Paige today during a Southwest flight from Orlando to Pittsburgh.  She was in the first row, and when I first boarded I was like "damn, that chick looks just like Paige."  I was dissuaded from that because (1) she looked more built (definitely not in a bad way) and taller than I recall Paige being and (2) she had an elaborate tattoo above her stomach I didn't recall Paige having.  Now checking the internet come to find out that (1) Paige is taller than I thought and (2) she appears to now have that precise elaborate tattoo in the same area.

Anyway, I did think it was originally plausible because I recall the MCO (Orlando airport) is where I believe her and Del Rio were arrested a couple years back so I assume she lives there, plus I know Pittsburgh is where WWE gets their talent checked out medically.  So the flight made sense, just not her flying on a Southwest flight alone with no first class.  When we deplaned I rushed to have a cigarette as always and while out there I noticed a fancy SUV pick her up - she didn't wait for baggage claim.

8 hours ago, DMC said:

So I think I may have sat behind Paige today during a Southwest flight from Orlando to Pittsburgh.  She was in the first row, and when I first boarded I was like "damn, that chick looks just like Paige."

I saw a few other wrestlers I follow shared this the other day:

Probably that same flight.

4 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

I saw a few other wrestlers I follow shared this the other day

Hm.  The flight wasn't until 3:30 (and was delayed a bit due to lightning).  When you click the link looks like that tweet was posted around 11 AM which would be...quite early to go through security for the flight.  But yeah the fact she was obviously flying yesterday supports it.

Archived