New Elimination Game I - Favourite Disney Princess

ab aeterno

The top three has gone far faster than I thought it would. Belle was out pretty quickly (and I still claim victory on a technicality of her being the only princess remaining) and now Mulan is just plummeting, too.

Mind you, after the last eight it was really hard as I loved them all. :) Anyone else feeling mean?

1 hour ago, Yukle said:

The top three has gone far faster than I thought it would. Belle was out pretty quickly (and I still claim victory on a technicality of her being the only princess remaining) and now Mulan is just plummeting, too.

Mind you, after the last eight it was really hard as I loved them all. :) Anyone else feeling mean?

Certainly not for Ariel. She was the villain in her own story after all. One should not repudiate a perfectly valid and explicit contract and expect no consequences for one’s actions. Ursula was the real victim in that saga!

(@buckwheat you’re welcome for that seamless reference btw ;) )

heal mulan

hurt elsa

Just now, HelenaExMachina said:

Certainly not for Ariel. She was the villain in her own story after all. One should not repudiate a perfectly valid and explicit contract and expect no consequences for one’s actions. Ursula was the real victim in that saga!

Except Ariel is 13! That's so exploitative. Ariel isn't even that smart, possibly intellectually impaired. Ursula is like all other greedy corporates: preying upon the vulnerable with unfair legal constraints that are akin to serfdom. Break down the oppressors! #IstandwithAriel

3 minutes ago, Yukle said:

Except Ariel is 13! That's so exploitative. Ariel isn't even that smart, possibly intellectually impaired. Ursula is like all other greedy corporates: preying upon the vulnerable with unfair legal constraints that are akin to serfdom. Break down the oppressors! #IstandwithAriel

Maybe you would have a point, but it’s Ariel who seeks out Ursula, and Ursula is completely up front about the cost and consequences. He only pressure she really exerts is to say (sing) “I’m a very busy woman and I haven’t got all day”

And Ariel is hardly oppressed! #downwithmonarchy

These are fairy tales. Not legal or social justice cases. Do we still remember what fairy tales are? I keep getting the impression we don’t. :dunno: (ETA: not here really, just generally around the internet, your conversation just reminded me of that, I don’t want to imply I have any problem with it because I don’t - just wanted to clear that, just in case) 

heal mulan

hurt elsa 

25 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

These are fairy tales. Not legal or social justice cases. Do we still remember what fairy tales are? I keep getting the impression we don’t. :dunno: (ETA: not here really, just generally around the internet, your conversation just reminded me of that, I don’t want to imply I have any problem with it because I don’t - just wanted to clear that, just in case) 

Yeah, totally agreed. :)

When I say to people, "I love Belle," I usually get some sort of spiel of why I shouldn't. And then I say, "The movie is fun. I like it."

That's all that needs to be said, I ignore everything else.

Let's be honest, if we're talking about most problematic Disney movies Beauty and the Beast is by far the most problematic. This is the story of how a strange old woman turns up at the house of an ELEVEN YEAR OLD BOY in the middle of a storm, and because he is rude to her, she decides to turn him into a monster and the entire household staff into furniture, including turning a young child into a teacup and a dog into a footstool. 

Also FYI there's a deleted scene in the live action version which shows that one unlucky staff member was turned into a toilet. 

37 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Let's be honest, if we're talking about most problematic Disney movies Beauty and the Beast is by far the most problematic. This is the story of how a strange old woman turns up at the house of an ELEVEN YEAR OLD BOY in the middle of a storm, and because he is rude to her, she decides to turn him into a monster and the entire household staff into furniture, including turning a young child into a teacup and a dog into a footstool.  

And it's Belle who risks her own safety to save them all, showing compassion to the Beast by seeing his beauty within. Which is why she's the best. :D The world needs more kindness and fewer warriors (soz Mulan, still love you!).

Heal Elsa, hurt Mulan.

• Mulan - 13 -
  • Elsa - 25 +

If there was magic in Belle's France, maybe there was no revolution because they magicked themselves more food. They also probably won Waterloo and both World Wars without any assistance.

5 minutes ago, Yukle said:

If there was magic in Belle's France, maybe there was no revolution because they magicked themselves more food. They also probably won Waterloo and both World Wars without any assistance.

Is magic only in France? Because Rapunzel is German. Just imagine: Hitler, but his moustache is magical. *shudder*

Archived