What Are Your Choices For the Most Despicable Characters in Cinema and On Television?

GAROVORKIN

On 2/4/2018 at 10:22 PM, Lord Sidious said:

Really?, the guys a conflicted, weak amateur, he’s such a pathetic villain that even I’m rooting for Rey.

None of the other nominees in this thread killed Han Solo therefore they cannot be rated as more despicable than Kylo Ren.

I don't make the rules, that's just how the universe works.

On 05/02/2018 at 9:44 AM, Davrum said:

None of the other nominees in this thread killed Han Solo therefore they cannot be rated as more despicable than Kylo Ren.

I don't make the rules, that's just how the universe works.

It was a pretty cheap move on his part though to be fair, it wasn’t admirable villainy, more like agnsty despair.

On 2/7/2018 at 1:48 AM, Lord Sidious said:

It was a pretty cheap move on his part though to be fair, it wasn’t admirable villainy, more like agnsty despair.

Sounds like somebody is a little jealous that the new guy is getting all the attention these days.

On 09/02/2018 at 11:02 PM, Davrum said:

Sounds like somebody is a little jealous that the new guy is getting all the attention these days.

Not at all, just disappointed at how weak and emotional these new villains are, the dark sides standards have definately slipped :P.

8 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Not at all, just disappointed at how weak and emotional these new villains are, the dark sides standards have definately slipped :P.

Of course my lord, as you say.

* Backs slowly out of the room bowing as low as possible while praying not to be struck down by sith lightning *

To me, there are different types of villains... some are simply evil... like Joffrey, Agent Smith, or Ernst Blofield... they're written kind of two dimensional so that we never consider that they might be redeemable... But for pure villainy, they are awesome. 

But for me, I prefer the villains with more depth, like Kai Proctor, Boyd Crowder, the Governor, Batiatus, Ben Diamond, etc... 

But my absolute favorites, are the anti-heroes... the bad guys as main character who we wind up rooting for despite the fact that they're complete scum..... Walter White, Nucky Thompson, Al Swearengen, Saul Goodman, Dexter, Phillip and Elizabeth Jennings, John Silver, Capt. Flint, etc... 

23 hours ago, Davrum said:

Of course my lord, as you say.

* Backs slowly out of the room bowing as low as possible while praying not to be struck down by sith lightning *

Rise my friend, Sith Lightning is reserved for Jedi and members of Coldplay.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, Martini Sigil said:

But my absolute favorites, are the anti-heroes... the bad guys as main character who we wind up rooting for despite the fact that they're complete scum..... Walter White, Nucky Thompson, Al Swearengen, Saul Goodman, Dexter, Phillip and Elizabeth Jennings, John Silver, Capt. Flint, etc... 

I agree with you on these, and would add most of the mafia characters from their roles. Pacino, Brando, Liota. All of them are killers, dealers etc, but also the hero of the story.

I would add in Deniro from Heat, and add that the shoot out scene is still my absolute favorite shoot out ever. If I am switching channels and that is on, i stop dead in tracks and watch it. Hell it may even be one of my favorite scenes from any movie ever.

32 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I agree with you on these, and would add most of the mafia characters from their roles. Pacino, Brando, Liota. All of them are killers, dealers etc, but also the hero of the story.

I would add in Deniro from Heat, and add that the shoot out scene is still my absolute favorite shoot out ever. If I am switching channels and that is on, i stop dead in tracks and watch it. Hell it may even be one of my favorite scenes from any movie ever.

The whole movie is so good. Probably top 10 for me. 

I watched Animal Kingdom earlier and have to add Smurf and Pope Cody. What wretched people. But I have to hand it to Jacki Weaver and Ben Mendelsohn for some top notch acting.

Archived