Watch, Watched, Watching: Britannia doesn't rule the waves

Veltigar

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It was pretty good as far as shark movies go. One thing that it has going for it is it's a unique take on the genre. It's free on Netflix so I'd say give it a shot. 

:thumbsup:

I'mma check that shit out homie.

Otherwise, sometimes I wish I had a blog. I think our generation missed that boat by like 2 years. I would have been so much more unpopular if I had a twitch stream! :lmao:

23 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'mma check that shit out homie.

Otherwise, sometimes I wish I had a blog. I think our generation missed that boat by like 2 years. I would have been so much more unpopular if I had a twitch stream! :lmao:

Let me know what you think of it. 

39 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Let me know what you think of it. 

I will, babygirl. Don't worry.

As soon as the Republic's time of death is officially announced at some point tonight.

I was going to set my money on 6 Pacific, but then I remembered that our money isn't going to be worth anything once our only trading partners are with fellow Russians. (We're all going to be Russian now)

Yo @Tywin et al. I was gonna get on the Netflix after Don Lemon but I guess I was still logged in to Hulu and they were suggesting 'The Mick' again.

I haven't felt the vaguest urge to watch this outside of enjoying Dee as an actor. But somehow your idiotic recommendation of a shark movie as the alternative made this voyeuristic endeavor seem palatable.

And I'm having a ball! It started out real shakey, but picked up a nice head of steam heading into the end of the pilot here.

Unfortunately I feel like this is a 'Last Man On Earth' situation. That had a really strong pilot and was left increasingly wanting as the premise became more and more unsustainable when attempting to take the story in new directions.

So my long weekend plans went to hell and the weather sucked so I binged on movies. I saw 12 Strong, Den of Thieves, Maze Runner 3, and Hostiles.

12 Strong, thought it was a pretty interesting movie, based on a true story so I always wonder how close they followed it. It didn't seem to go over the top on good vs evil as far as religious view points go, kept it balanced pretty well. Not a bad action movie, will watch it again on cable.

Den of Thieves. This one was the most disappointing for me and I didn't have high hopes as it was. The acting was not very good, IMO, and it seemed like they were just pulling from other movies.

Spoiler

To me the opening scene felt like the shoot out from Heat. From there the whole plot and the way they showed the robbers and police really felt like Heat right down to the lead cop getting surveiled by the bad guys, then the twist at the end was blatently ripped off from a much better movie, The Usual Suspects.

Maze Runner 3, I only went to this because my daughter and I saw the first one together and well, I am not a quitter! It wasn't too bad, had one or two really glaring plot holes but for what it was I enjoyed it.

Hostiles. Not sure how to describe it. Seems like it wanted to be better than it is? All about race and understanding. Lots of good scenery, some good action scenes, and a last scene that seems like it's totally out of place. Like it was added on for no reason.

Babylon Berlin went up on Netflix today.  I hope to like the screen series more than I did the novel. Which reason might have been the translation, but the protag cop irritated me a great deal, and so did the predictable, cliched behaviors of all the other cliched characters from drama, whether print or screen, of Berlin in the period.  Alan Furst and other writers do louche 1930's Europe much better and more interestingly.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Babylon Berlin went up on Netflix today.

I've watched the first six episodes and really enjoyed them.Have to finish watching the rest though.

Another foreign show that i've watched recently and really enjoyed is the French Noir Mystery/Fantasy/Myth “Black Spot” (Zone Blanche).Gripping from the first few minutes right up to the cliffhanger at end of the finale.Season 2 can't come soon enough! :)

http://theeurotvplace.com/2018/01/euro-tv-to-watch-gripping-french-noir-mystery-series-black-spot/

Now streaming on Amazon Prime Video US and Prime Video UK.

Counterpart is excellent thus far.... as is the Alienist.... both appear to be A-list shows

....The Chi is really good, but its on Showtime, so I'm sure they'll blow it. 

... The Path seems to have slipped a little, but its still terrific

....Belllvue looks interesting so far...

....of course the Magicians is its usual hour of batshit fun... followed by Happy!, which makes me laugh like very few things on TV

... I thought Vikings was a disappointment... but then Knightfall aired.

... I still can't figure out if Falling Water is a decent show or not

Babylon Berlin starts today... might check that out.... or maybe A really Stupid and Futile Gesture ... not sure yet

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I've watched the first six episodes and really enjoyed them.Have to finish watching the rest though.

Another foreign show that i've watched recently and really enjoyed is the French Noir Mystery/Fantasy/Myth “Black Spot” (Zone Blanche).Gripping from the first few minutes right up to the cliffhanger at end of the finale.Season 2 can't come soon enough! :)

http://theeurotvplace.com/2018/01/euro-tv-to-watch-gripping-french-noir-mystery-series-black-spot/

Now streaming on Amazon Prime Video US and Prime Video UK.

I am confused.  Why “Black Spot” (Zone Blanche)?  Why does the title in English say black when the French title says white?

Update on 'The Mick', actually doing pretty well. I'm like 6 episodes in and it's actually kind of fresh.

Seriously, I always had a feeling that every actor on 'Always Sunny' was bringing their own juice and it wasn't just the writing and this show has confirmed that for me. Dee was always the character I related to most because as we've discussed here she actually is the most redeemable of the gang. And in 'The Mick' whatshername isn't trying to outsmart the audience, she's just doing her jam man.

Jace kind of likes it. :)

21 minutes ago, Zorral said:

I am confused.  Why “Black Spot” (Zone Blanche)?  Why does the title in English say black when the French title says white?

Black spot is the English term for a zone blanche, a telecommunications dead spot.

17 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Yo @Tywin et al. I was gonna get on the Netflix after Don Lemon but I guess I was still logged in to Hulu and they were suggesting 'The Mick' again.

I haven't felt the vaguest urge to watch this outside of enjoying Dee as an actor. But somehow your idiotic recommendation of a shark movie as the alternative made this voyeuristic endeavor seem palatable.

And I'm having a ball! It started out real shakey, but picked up a nice head of steam heading into the end of the pilot here.

Unfortunately I feel like this is a 'Last Man On Earth' situation. That had a really strong pilot and was left increasingly wanting as the premise became more and more unsustainable when attempting to take the story in new directions.

:tantrum:

2 hours ago, Astromech said:

Black spot is the English term for a zone blanche, a telecommunications dead spot.

O -- OK.  Thank you!  Something else I didn't / don't know.

Sort of appropriate for today, as I have the flu and spent almost all the afternoon in my state of stuporous wakefulness with a stupid fone* pressed to my brain ded hed with MS while they worked to clean up the mess they have made with my two computers by trying to force these ridiculous Windows 10 updates upon them.

-------------------

* Honestly, stupid fone.  Don't have a smart fone.  Won't until they prise this stupid one from my ded cold hands.  Or it finally dies itself.  Whichever comes first.

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

O -- OK.  Thank you!  Something else I didn't / don't know.

Sort of appropriate for today, as I have the flu and spent almost all the afternoon in my state of stuporous wakefulness with a stupid fone* pressed to my brain ded hed with MS while they worked to clean up the mess they have made with my two computers by trying to force these ridiculous Windows 10 updates upon them.

-------------------

* Honestly, stupid fone.  Don't have a smart fone.  Won't until they prise this stupid one from my ded cold hands.  Or it finally dies itself.  Whichever comes first.

Sorry to discover you're sick :( I hope you feel better soon.

Archived