Least favorite theory?

capo51

4 hours ago, White Ravens said:

Rhaella+Rhaegar=Daenerys

I would assume the original person who came up with the theory was working backwards from Rhaegar's three heads of the dragon:

Aegon (Rhaegar's son)

Jon Snow (Rhaegar's son)

Dany (Hopefully Rhaegar's daughter via Rhaegar and Rhaella's vagina)

11 hours ago, Makk said:

I also strongly dislike anyone other than Ramsay writing the pink letter, although I am aware a lot of people have differing opinions on that one. 

I think it is mostly wishful thinking about Stannis being alive. There is one caveat: it is not implausible that Mance talked to the Boltons quite willingly to save his own skin (literally). It is not like he ows any loyalty to Jon or Stannis. He could also claim that the former two forced his cooperation because they have his son hostage. 

Not that Ramsay in his enraged state would be willing to listen but Roose might. The most plausible scenario for Mance to be alive and relatively good condition is if he talked his way out of it. 

On 11/11/2018 at 8:02 PM, The Map Guy said:

I would assume the original person who came up with the theory was working backwards from Rhaegar's three heads of the dragon:

Aegon (Rhaegar's son)

Jon Snow (Rhaegar's son)

Dany (Hopefully Rhaegar's daughter via Rhaegar and Rhaella's vagina)

I think people just want Rhaella to be more relevant to the story.....as if she's not already.

5 hours ago, Neddy's Girl said:

Jon x Dany.

Just awful.  Not because of potential incest, but the fact it's super corny.  In fact, I can do without any shipping or romance at all.

These books mean a lot to me, but if it happens, I stop reading.

Correct and ditto. 

On 1/29/2018 at 9:21 PM, Curled Finger said:

I'm with the Bloodraven was behind everything being bogus and dissatisfying not to mention negating the considerable pool of magic and human talent all over the place.   

But I think the theory I dislike most is Jojen Paste.    It's just too creepy.   

If people think he's behind everything, they're sorely mistaken. For example: Dany. BR would never unleash that irritating mass of chlamydia on the world. In fact he seems to be avoiding even thinking about her.

Though, I don't think Sauron negated any of the other magics or the human heart in that story. While not the same creatures (clearly BR is a human in all manner, not an angel gone rogue), it's fine to have a Sauron (or Odin) type character who always looms present without taking away from the rest of the story.  If it's written well. And it is.

Archived