Jump to content
capo51

Least favorite theory?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Lady Anna said:

He could be a dragon rider without being a Targaryen, no? I don't know what the consensus here is about dragon riders.

He could be, but if we never get hard evidence either way on who his father is, I’m going to use that as my deciding factor. But maybe that’s just me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The story ends with Jon on the iron throne with his two wives, his auntie/half-sister Daenerys and his cousin/sister Arya. Yuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lady Anna said:

He could be a dragon rider without being a Targaryen, no? I don't know what the consensus here is about dragon riders.

There is no consensus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lady Anna said:

He could be a dragon rider without being a Targaryen, no?

I don't think so. Way back in the Dance of the Dragons days there were "non-Targaryen" dragon riders who emerged from the smallfolk on Dragonstone. But here's the catch - the Targaryens had been living there, enjoying "first night" and less formalized "dalliances" with the various smallfolk for literally centuries. Having a child with "dragonsblood" was considered a great thing. So the commoners who were accepted by the dragons could have had the proper Targaryen genetics, even though (as bastards) they weren't part of the ruling family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joy Hill said:

The story ends with Jon on the iron throne with his two wives

Amen! I also dislike endings which put Sansa on the throne. And/or Sansa/Hound romances. (Give the poor man a break! Hasn't he suffered enough??)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, zandru said:

Amen! I also dislike endings which put Sansa on the throne. And/or Sansa/Hound romances. (Give the poor man a break! Hasn't he suffered enough??)

Seriously, i think that is hypocritical to ship them and call Petyr pedophile at same time

Edited by Kandrax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, zandru said:

And/or Sansa/Hound romances. (Give the poor man a break! Hasn't he suffered enough??)

You hit the nail on the head. No, no, no SanSan. He needs a big boned lusty woooooman in his life not a little bird or parrot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Yukle said:

Haven't heard of the annulling theory. Seems silly when Targs are often polygamists, he could marry two women.

Spoiler

I know that it happened on that thing on HBO. And he married Lyanna after.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens in the abomination that shall not be named has no place here, not even in spoiler tags. I have a feeling we've had this chat before @Lady Anna, but I could be wrong. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

What happens in the abomination that shall not be named has no place here, not even in spoiler tags. I have a feeling we've had this chat before @Lady Anna, but I could be wrong. :)

 

Lol we did! But I see other users here saying things 'oh that is from the show' and stuff, that I thought I could also enlighten some things. In this case I don't think the og poster was referencing the show, but in other cases when you know someone is speculating based on things from it, it's hard to refrain from saying so. But I apologize once again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zandru said:

I don't think so. Way back in the Dance of the Dragons days there were "non-Targaryen" dragon riders who emerged from the smallfolk on Dragonstone. But here's the catch - the Targaryens had been living there, enjoying "first night" and less formalized "dalliances" with the various smallfolk for literally centuries. Having a child with "dragonsblood" was considered a great thing. So the commoners who were accepted by the dragons could have had the proper Targaryen genetics, even though (as bastards) they weren't part of the ruling family.

Yeah, it comes down to whether Nettles's physical appearance shows that dragonriders don't have to be Targaryens (or from some other dragonlord family, none of which survived the Doom), or whether the fact that she rode a dragon shows that she had a drop of dragonblood. Given the examples of the Black Pearl and Brown Ben Plum, I think it's the latter, but we cannot be sure. I think this is the closest thing we have to confirmation...

The lords freeholder of Valyria ruled the greater part of the known world; they were sorcerers, great in lore, and alone of all the races of man they had learned to breed dragons and bend them to their will.

That is from the forward to The Sworn Sword as originally published in Legends II. Presumably it was written by "Gyldayn." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zandru said:

Amen! I also dislike endings which put Sansa on the throne. And/or Sansa/Hound romances. (Give the poor man a break! Hasn't he suffered enough??)

Ah, he loved his little bird. I would be happy for his character, but no... Sandor will die heroically--as a true knight should. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Sandor will die heroically--as a true knight should. 

I'd rather see him survive the series.

2 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Seriously, i think that is hypocritical to ship them and call Petyr pedophile at same time

Right! I'm glad you pointed that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Seriously, i think that is hypocritical to ship them and call Petyr pedophile at same time

I think SanSan is pretty icky, myself, but I wouldn't put it pass GRRM to put them together. He was the one who introduced the romantic/sexual tension between the two, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ashara + A man who is not Ned Stark = X - I am sorry but except that Ashara and Ned were an item of their time.

Lyanna as KOTLT, there is no mention of KOTLT being a good rider instead we are told the Knight had the physical strength and Aerys thought he might be Jaime who is a Tall Lannister™ due to Marbrand genes. And since the Knight is always refered as male there isn't much mystery. 

RLJ annoys me because it is every where. 

People referring Aegon as fAegon is annoying too, call him Young Griff if you don't believe he is Rhaegar's son. 

Bloodraven being 3EC. Or Daemon being the brother he loved.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×