capo51

Least favorite theory?

My least favorite theory is the one that supposes that GRRM won't finish the books. I'm not a big fan of wasting my time (yet here I am! ;)) and finding out I wasted 20+ years waiting for something that was not forthcoming would put me right out.

The San-San shipping is my least favourite as i find it a bit depressing. I love both Sandor and Sansa, but I wouldn't be happy for either if they were joined. They both gave the other something to think about. And I think leaving their mark on one another serves the story just fine. 

On 11/20/2018 at 9:36 PM, Aetta said:

If people think he's behind everything, they're sorely mistaken. For example: Dany. BR would never unleash that irritating mass of chlamydia on the world. In fact he seems to be avoiding even thinking about her.

Though, I don't think Sauron negated any of the other magics or the human heart in that story. While not the same creatures (clearly BR is a human in all manner, not an angel gone rogue), it's fine to have a Sauron (or Odin) type character who always looms present without taking away from the rest of the story.  If it's written well. And it is.

Wow.  Not a lot of Dany live from you.  If aemon knew about Dany there is a good chance Bloodraven knows about her too.  After reading Fire and Blood (almost done at any rate), it's clear a good lot in the main story is hidden or only partially told.  I dont think he avoids thinking about Dany so much as we simply aren't getting his thoughts.  All these potential alternate identities for Quaith....its so much easier if shes just tied into Bloodraven in some way.  Makes the weirnet so much bigger .