Sign in to follow this  
Warrior of Light

What if Tywin had faced Robb and lost?

I do not know if this has been discussed before (if so someone kindly redirect me to a similar post), but I'm a new reader and I love what if's.

So for the sake of this post let's assume Tywin leaves Harrenhal in ACOK, Edmure doesn't offer him battle and Robb does indeed manage to annihilate his army and capture him.

What then? Do the Tyrrels fall back to Highharden after failing to link up with Tywin or do they continue marching to KL and save it anyway? And if so what happens most likely after that and how would the story probably change? Does Robb's ass get saved by that?

Edited by Warrior of Light

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:46 PM, Warrior of Light said:

I do not know if this has been discussed before (if so someone kindly redirect me to a similar post), but I'm a new reader and I love what if's.

So for the sake of this post let's assume Tywin leaves Harrenhal in ACOK, Edmure doesn't offer him battle and Robb does indeed manage to annihilate his army and capture him.

What then? Do the Tyrrels fall back to Highharden after failing to link up with Tywin or do they continue marching to KL and save it anyway? And if so what happens most likely after that and how would the story probably change? Does Robb's ass get saved by that?

He was doomed, Tyrells would not join in... He would lose his Family, his reputation and maybe his life...
But the odds were not in Robb's favor in my opinion.

Then Stannis would have taken the city and been made King. Without Tywin there then I doubt Stannis would have lost. 

Cersei and Joffrey would have been executed for their crimes. I'm not sure what would happen to Tommen and Myrcella, they might have been sent to the Silent Sisters, the Wall, or the Citadel. 

Stannis would have waged war on Robb for being King in the North, and the Reach would have to choose a side. 

I could see Dorne and the Vale still not choosing a side.