The Three Queens

The South Forgets

10 hours ago, Lady Dacey said:

Do you guys think we ate going to see a full fledged war between Tyrell and Lannisters in Winds? 

Would that I knew. Certainly seems to be a likely outcome.

With the reports of Aegon, Euron and such all threatening the establishment in one way or the other, logic would suggest that the Rose and Lion should put hostilities to the side for the moment. The trouble is, will Cersei or the Tyrells hold one another accountable for the trials of the Faith? I imagine so.

Cersei - who famously remembers every slight, be they real or imagined - will probably find herself hating the Tyrells even more than she has previously, after the walk of atonement and all. The Tyrells must be mortified by the whole business with the Blue Bard and co, especially since the accuser was a Lannister, whom The Rose had sort of saved at the Blackwater. There is also the matter of Kevan - who will blame who for his murder?

I imagine Littlefinger and Olenna have had communications over the last few months, with Petyr telling the Queen of Thorns many of Cersei's plots and plans.

On 01.02.2018 at 4:25 PM, The South Forgets said:

I assume that the first two queens are Cersei and Margaery. But who's the third queen? I

Those words about three queens were said by Littlefinger to Sansa, so she isn't one of those queens.

“You would not believe half of what is happening in King’s Landing, sweetling. Cersei stumbles from one idiocy to the next, helped along by her council of the deaf, the dim, and the blind. I always anticipated that she would beggar the realm and destroy herself, but I never expected she would do it quite so fast. It is quite vexing. I had hoped to have four or five quiet years to plant some seeds and allow some fruits to ripen, but now . . . it is a good thing that I thrive on chaos. What little peace and order the five kings left us will not long survive the three queens, I fear.”

“Three queens?” She did not understand.

Nor did Petyr choose to explain.

Based on his words it seems that three queens are already present in 7K.

And it was also said in the books that Margaery and Cersei were fighting against each other to gain control over King Tommen.

17 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

As you suggest, two would appear to be Cersei and Margaery: Obara to Ellaria in The Watcher of Dance...

"The two queens are squabbling over Tommen like bitches with a juicy bone."

And from The Griffin Reborn in Dance...

"Queen Cersei and Queen Margaery are fighting over the little king like two bitches with a chicken bone."

There's a saying - "When two dogs fight over a bone, a third one carries it away."

Thus third "dog" is the faith of Seven. Because in the end, the one who established full control over Tommen was the High Sparrow. Third queen is religion.

1 hour ago, Megorova said:

Those words about three queens were said by Littlefinger to Sansa, so she isn't one of those queens.

And it was also said in the books that Margaery and Cersei were fighting against each other to gain control over King Tommen.

There's a saying - "When two dogs fight over a bone, a third one carries it away."

Thus third "dog" is the faith of Seven. Because in the end, the one who established full control over Tommen was the High Sparrow. Third queen is religion.

This is very clever and now that you mention it, the Faith/7 is/was that third power wheel played between Cersei and Marg. Nice!

3 hours ago, Megorova said:

18 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

As you suggest, two would appear to be Cersei and Margaery: Obara to Ellaria in The Watcher of Dance...

"The two queens are squabbling over Tommen like bitches with a juicy bone."

And from The Griffin Reborn in Dance...

"Queen Cersei and Queen Margaery are fighting over the little king like two bitches with a chicken bone."

An excellent observation, @Megorova!

Thinking about it, the Faith Militant already have incredible power in the Red Keep thanks to Cersei's self-destructiveness. She is being kept under constant watch, she and Margaery are facing trials by the Faith, and Kevan Lannister (arguably the last reasonable and sane Lannister left in Westeros) has just been murdered by Varys's little birds. Given how unstable the Reach is threatening to become it probably won't be long before Randyll, Mace and Paxter are at each other's throats, leaving Tommen very much at the risk of becoming a puppet for the High Sparrow.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:25 AM, The South Forgets said:

In AFFC, Littlefinger makes a reference to the "three queens" 

I assume that the first two queens are Cersei and Margaery. But who's the third queen? Is it Myrcella, Dany, or Selyse/Mel? Or maybe someone else?

I would assume Cersei, Margaery, and Daenerys. Kevan expect Daenerys to eventually come west, and I doubt he is far if at all ahead of Littlefinger on that.

3 hours ago, Megorova said:

How has the High Sparrow "established full control over Tommen"? Other than the High Sparrow coming to an agreement with Cersei which includes giving Tommen his blessing, I can't recall one single encounter of note between the High Sparrow and Tommen, let alone any suggestion that the HS has "established full control over Tommen."

There is plenty of room for disagreement here, but I'm pretty sure he is referring to Sansa. LF had hoped for five years to bring his plans into fruition, but he is trying to speed up his plans to make Sansa queen of the north. LF doesn't know that Bran and Rickon are still alive and he doesn't know about the will disinheriting Sansa and naming Jon. Those are the things he doesn't know that is working against him. He does know that Ramsay's wife is Jeyne Poole not Arya.

It is LF's plan to weld the fresh Vale army to Sansa via marriage to Harry the Heir and then to expose Jeyne Poole and try to have Sansa put on Robb's throne.

How well this plan will go is yet to be seen.

1 hour ago, zandru said:

Perhaps an accidental reference to the show?

No, not because of the show.

2 hours ago, Bael's Bastard said:

How has the High Sparrow "established full control over Tommen"? Other than the High Sparrow coming to an agreement with Cersei which includes giving Tommen his blessing, I can't recall one single encounter of note between the High Sparrow and Tommen, let alone any suggestion that the HS has "established full control over Tommen."

His mother and wife are facing trials by the Faith. Thus the Faith militant already defeated Tommen, at least morally. Look at what his mother had to walk thru, and his wife was also imprisoned. But he did nothing to get them back, even though he's a King and he had power, resources and soldiers to fight against Sparrows, and crush them. But he haven't done that, because he is just a weak child. Tommen has already lost to High Sparrow. And it doesn't even matter, how many times did the two of them actually interacted with each other.  

2 hours ago, bent branch said:

I'm pretty sure he is referring to Sansa. LF had hoped for five years to bring his plans into fruition, but he is trying to speed up his plans to make Sansa queen of the north.

Well, possibly, and I can definitely see Baelish slyly referring to Sansa as "a queen" right in front of her, knowing she'd be clueless of what he meant. On the other hand, the North is no longer in rebellion, nor an independent kingdom. Rob the Young Wolf is dead. There's no crown to "inherit", no throne. (Ned never had a throne anyway. Maybe there's an old one stored away somewhere?) King Tommen has granted Winterfell Castle to his leal lord, Roose Bolton. And Ramsey is not relevant (yet.)

Hey....good nickname first of all.

As to the topic my view was that little finger was referring to sansa as one of the queens, with the other two being Cersie and Madge, I agree with the others that said he would/could not know the threat daneryes poses,(for that matter he can't be sure she is even coming at all) And it's just my feeling that he is not talking about myrcella, she seems too obvious a choice

Archived