NFL 2018 Superb Owl Edition: Is There A Way To Tell If Gronk Is Concussed?

Mr. Chatywin et al.

14 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Dude, don't worry about that. I've come to believe that it isn't about Superbowls. It really isn't for fans.

I would trade the '06 SB in an instant and all the top seeds to have had a player like Mike Vick on my favorite team. It's why I love Luck so much, why I can't really even pretend that Russel Wilson isn't a god.

Even Patriots fans don't really get it with all of their wins and all of their success.

It's not about a stupid fucking trophy, it's about the moments week to week that just make your heart sing when your boys are out there doing work.

Look at Patriots fans, they're fucking awful. Because for all of their brilliance, all of the wins. The beauty in their ability to deconstruct the game so thoroughly only takes you so far. You can appreciate it, respect it deeply like most NFL fans have come to grips with. But there's something sterile about it.

All that heartless maneuvering really left something missing after that first win over the Rams. The aughts Colts were the same way, just not as good at it.

I can tell you that the regular season for Pats fans is boring. It was boring as a Colts fan too. LoveRock admitted it a few months back, nobody gives a shit about week 13 hosting the Bills. Sure, they get their little 'No Days Off' chants, but fuck New England.

Fuck the Polian Colts too.

Football is about watching greatness unfold in front of your eyes in ways that couldn't have been considered possible just seconds before.

Winning ten games a year and having a few incredible divisional round games that are actually meaningful and exciting with a once-in-a-lifetime talent on the team is worth more than all of the championships NE has collected over the years.

I appreciate the (normal) Pagano years a hundred times more than I do the (normal) Caldwell years or kind of even the Dungy ones. And it's not because Pagano did better, it's because Colts games became exciting again.

The Dungy ones are kind of iffy because there were the brilliant offerings of Marvin Harrison and some legitimately great defensive players that could rule the day. But the 06 Championship is really the only game I think of as a truly great moment as a fan. But with Luck, as fleeting as his career might end up being, this kid can make impossible things happen right in front of our eyes. Between him and T.Y. Hilton I have seen physical marvels explainable only by acts of god.

There's a reason that Pats fans stubbornly insist that the 07 offense is the greatest to ever exist and that little claim is more important to them than any other of Brady's legacies. It's because they witnessed actual magic happen on a weekly basis.

I don't care if Lamarr Jackson only plays for 5 years. You take him and you never look back.

Now 'Racists fans and the RGIII debacle... That's a different story, those people are cursed.

10 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'm just sayin' @Tywin et al.

I really put it all out there about Lamaar Jackson.

I opened myself up to you. And you gave me two sentences.

Is this how its going to be? This is how you think you can treat me? I am a PERSON! When I espouse on the beauty of a QB from buttfuck Louisiana (yeah, @Rhom I said that shit) I expect you to respond.

You ain't no man! :spank:

Guuurl’s got heart and soul!

Continuing the discussion from the old thread.

The method by which Cleveland quit the process on Cousins very strongly suggests they quit because they were told Kirk wasn't interested.

I'm also reasonably comfortable they made a better offer for Garappolo but were told that Jimmy would not contemplate a long-term deal there.  Getting "only a 2nd" for JimmyG was mostly based on the fact that you were really only trading for half a season, first-dibs on negotiations and the right to Franchise him.  A 2nd round pick for a player with no real contract going forward was IMO a pretty high price.

7 hours ago, aceluby said:

Yep, totally agree.  I've got friends who think we should make a play for Cousins, and I think that's a terrible idea.

Agreed. The problem with going after Cousins, aside from the fact that I think he's pretty average, is he will cost too much. We're were Seattle was a few years back. Lots of good young talent on good contracts. Once that window closes we'll have to let some of our star players walk. Bringing in a guy who might become the highest paid player in the NFL is a bad idea, especially when he in no way deserves to be paid like that. 

3 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Continuing the discussion from the old thread.

The method by which Cleveland quit the process on Cousins very strongly suggests they quit because they were told Kirk wasn't interested.

I'm also reasonably comfortable they made a better offer for Garappolo but were told that Jimmy would not contemplate a long-term deal there.  Getting "only a 2nd" for JimmyG was mostly based on the fact that you were really only trading for half a season, first-dibs on negotiations and the right to Franchise him.  A 2nd round pick for a player with no real contract going forward was IMO a pretty high price.

I think SF should be grateful to have Garappolo and a top 10 pick to salvage the season. Don't dismiss the value of that franchise tag man, they've proven to Cousins that they want him and they actually do have his rights. That's worth a lot. Remember, in FA you have nothing but your nice top-5 pick and no hope to tempt him with while the Browns have just as much money and are lookin' to spend it with TWO top 5 picks.

7 hours ago, sperry said:

Two guys are going in the top 6, as Cleveland and the Jets absolutely have to draft QBs with their picks. If Elway likes one of these guys, the Broncos will draft one. Otherwise they're probably signing Cousins. Arizona will draft a QB at 15. Bills have the 21st and 22nd picks. They will be using one of those on a QB. At the back of the draft, Patriots, Saints, Steelers and Vikings are all teams that could look at QBs. There's even a lot of chatter that the Giants will be using their pick on a QB at 2.

And once you get down to draft day, those teams that want a QB are going to trade up. I would be absolutely shocked if someone didn't trade up to #4 (the Browns pick) to draft a QB, since the Jets and Broncos pick immediately afterwards. Giants and Colts could also trade down if there isn't a guy they love at 2/3.

Mason Rudolph is Oklahoma State's quarterback. Big kid, strong arm, unreal stats. He'd be a first rounder for sure in most years,  just might not this year due to depth.

Some mock drafts:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000912165/article/lance-zierlein-mock-draft-10-darnold-barkley-bolster-browns  5 QBs in the first (Darnold #1 to the Browns, Rosen #2 to the Giants, Allen #6 to the Jets, Mayfield #11 to the Dolphins, Jackson #29 to the Jaguars)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-go-defense-ravens-add-much-needed-wr-speed/ (Darnold 1, Rosen 2, Allen 5, Mayfield 6, Rudolph 21)

I don't think the Broncos will draft a QB. They've been burned recently by reaching for a QB, and with a win now roster I don't think they can afford to take a few years to develop someone. They're better off finding someone in FA.  (I did not realize they had the fifth pick. We're they really that bad? OK maybe they do draft a QB) AZ is a trickier situation. Personally I'd just throw Stanton out there and be really bad for a year with the hopes of getting in the top 5 next year. Or trade up this year if there's someone they like. I guess they could take Baker or Jackson, but that seems too high to me. Interesting with the Bills, I could seem them trying to package the two picks and Taylor to move up a lot.The question is there a team high enough that feels like it's just a QB away from being a contender that could make that deal? And lastly to your first paragraph, I agree that all of those teams will look at getting a QB this year, but I think the only two that would pick one in the first round are MN and Pitt. 

I don't think the Browns will trade their picks. If I were them, I'd take the QB you loved first, unless you're absolutely not sold on anyone of them being a true #1 and then maybe you trade the pick and take Barkley with the fourth pick. If it works out right you have your QB and RB for the next decade, and you pair them up with Sticky Fingers and you got a nice triplet going forward. As far as the Colts go, I could absolutely see them trading the pick if they only have to drop a few spots. There's a lot of talent in this draft and the QB rush is going to make some guys fall farther than they deserve. The Giants, on the other hand, are keeping that pick and drafting which ever top 2 guy the Browns don't take. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I don't think the Broncos will draft a QB. They've been burned recently by reaching for a QB, and with a win now roster I don't think they can afford to take a few years to develop someone. They're better off finding someone in FA.  (I did not realize they had the fifth pick. We're they really that bad? OK maybe they do draft a QB) AZ is a trickier situation. Personally I'd just throw Stanton out there and be really bad for a year with the hopes of getting in the top 5 next year. Or trade up this year if there's someone they like. I guess they could take Baker or Jackson, but that seems too high to me. Interesting with the Bills, I could seem them trying to package the two picks and Taylor to move up a lot.The question is there a team high enough that feels like it's just a QB away from being a contender that could make that deal? And lastly to your first paragraph, I agree that all of those teams will look at getting a QB this year, but I think the only two that would pick one in the first round are MN and Pitt. 

I don't think the Browns will trade their picks. If I were them, I'd take the QB you loved first, unless you're absolutely not sold on anyone of them being a true #1 and then maybe you trade the pick and take Barkley with the fourth pick. If it works out right you have your QB and RB for the next decade, and you pair them up with Sticky Fingers and you got a nice triplet going forward. As far as the Colts go, I could absolutely see them trading the pick if they only have to drop a few spots. There's a lot of talent in this draft and the QB rush is going to make some guys fall farther than they deserve. The Giants, on the other hand, are keeping that pick and drafting which ever top 2 guy the Browns don't take. 

Actually, what if the Browns traded out of 4 with the Bills while taking their guy at #1 and Tygod? The Bills can dump his contract right? He'd be a perfect lamb for slaughter in Hue Jackson's last campaign.

9 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Actually, what if the Browns traded out of 4 with the Bills while taking their guy at #1 and Tygod? The Bills can dump his contract right? He'd be a perfect lamb for slaughter in Hue Jackson's last campaign.

Idk why they'd do that, but they could, sure. 

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I think SF should be grateful to have Garappolo and a top 10 pick to salvage the season. Don't dismiss the value of that franchise tag man, they've proven to Cousins that they want him and they actually do have his rights. That's worth a lot. Remember, in FA you have nothing but your nice top-5 pick and no hope to tempt him with while the Browns have just as much money and are lookin' to spend it with TWO top 5 picks.

Whereas I think the Cousins situation is proof positive you do NOT want to have your QB under the tag for very long. It creates a crisis of leadership. 

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Tyrod is worth less than nothing. He's almost certain to be cut. 

19 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Tyrod is worth less than nothing. He's almost certain to be cut. 

That is not true, but I'm not suggesting they take Tygod and pocket lint.

I'm suggesting they get Taylor in addition to one of the Bills picks this year and another one next year.

Keep hoarding those fucking things, they're priceless!

Taylor is a perfectly serviceable bridge QB. He's better than McCown or that longneck freak Mike Glennon.

15 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

That is not true, but I'm not suggesting they take Tygod and pocket lint.

I'm suggesting they get Taylor in addition to one of the Bills picks this year and another one next year.

Keep hoarding those fucking things, they're priceless!

Taylor is a perfectly serviceable bridge QB. He's better than McCown or that longneck freak Mike Glennon.

Tyrod is an $18M cap hit this year.  $8M if he's cut.  He's going to be cut.  The $10M space is worth more than a QB who might not even be in the bottom third among league starters.  You don't trade for Taylor with that $18M price tag.  You wait for him to be cut and sign him to a deal that reflects the fact that he's either a weak starter or a strong backup.

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eagles 31, Pats 27.

Eagles are going to dominate the Pats in the trenches, and I think that's where the game will turn. Still rooting for the Pats though. 

Awww, sweet baby!

'Member when you thought the Kitty-Cats was gonna get the Tommy Brady?

'Member when they didn't?

Archived